Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if one of these
Yes exactly. There are many high stress jobs and doctors, lawyers & EMT's are just a few. I once met an EMT who had a mental breakdown after he could no longer handle the job.
And agree, there are good police but there are also lazy and corrupt ones that give others a bad name. There are quite a few articles out there about corruption on the internet, and most people know it exists. It can also lead to wrongful convictions which destroys people's lives. So IMO it is vital that those types of things are addressed, and become a thing of the past, because anyone can fall victim to it.

BMM above, no this is not surely true IMO - corruption on the internet!? Anyone? Surely... Geez, that would be chaos @Karinna

sorry for the sarcasm, but the interenet has been around for a long time @Karinnna

Last edited:
What if one of these

BMM above, no this is not surely true IMO - corruption on the internet!? Anyone? Surely... Geez, that would be chaos @Karinna

sorry for the sarcasm, but the interenet has been around for a long time @Karinnna
I'm not sure what you're saying?, but i was talking about police corruption that you can find articles about on the internet if you google the topic.

Yes exactly. There are many high stress jobs and doctors, lawyers & EMT's are just a few. I once met an EMT who had a mental breakdown after he could no longer handle the job.
And agree, there are good police but there are also lazy and corrupt ones that give others a bad name. There are quite a few articles out there about corruption on the internet, and most people know it exists. It can also lead to wrongful convictions which destroys people's lives. So IMO it is vital that those types of things are addressed, and become a thing of the past, because anyone can fall victim to it.

There is corruption / bad apples/ lazy people in every profession, including Lawyers ( or as a book I am currently reading from an ex cop calls them Lieyers lol) , Politicians, Teachers, Nurses , Dr's, Churches , Police, Journalists, Government & every thing & everyone inbetween

While their is a human race their will be corruption IMO

Not quite sure while our hard working NSW police are getting bashed in this thread by a few members?? ( yes I get there are some "bad" ones )

Yes. I read about deplorable behaviour by police officers every day but in my few personal interactions with police over the past few decades, the officers have all been excellent from my point of view.

It's not acceptable to me that the police in William's case had time to be aggressive with Spedding--for example the interview the video of which is out there--but didn't have time to look at the evidence including some he wanted to give them. It's not entirely a resources problem there.

Yes. I read about deplorable behaviour by police officers every day but in my few personal interactions with police over the past few decades, the officers have all been excellent from my point of view.

It's not acceptable to me that the police in William's case had time to be aggressive with Spedding--for example the interview the video of which is out there--but didn't have time to look at the evidence including some he wanted to give them. It's not entirely a resources problem there.
Yes and i totally agree, as i have known of LE that do a good job too. But as i said it's the bad ones that give the good ones a bad name too, because people do stereotype and it's not fair on those that actually do their job properly. And i think that goes for wherever we are in the world, there are good people and not so good people as well in all walks of life.
And agree with what you say about police in WT's investigation too. I imagine an investigation is a process of ruling someone in as a suspect or ruling them out. But yes, BS was trying to help them do that after they questioned and accused him of taking WT from the yard, and called him a liar as well when he tried to give them information that would of helped them rule him in or out.
So they definitely dropped the ball with that, IMO.

I'm not sure what you're saying?, but i was talking about police corruption that you can find articles about on the internet if you google the topic.

Yep, @Karinna - but can you find police were corrupt in this case spcifilcally ? It would take some thinking that's for sure - & given you & I (presume) are outside the workforce - well, what then? We still don't know the circumstances around any of these "hidden" witness - which is scary TBH eek o_O

Speaking for the first time since Mr Jubelin was charged with breaching the Surveillance Devices Act in the Tyrrell case, Comissioner Fuller said he “would shake his hand and thank him” for his work if he saw him on the street.

“He was a dedicated police officer and he did a lot of charity work and he did wonderful things for victims of homicides and that shouldn’t be forgotten because of the matter that’s before the courts,” Commissioner Fuller said at the official opening of the new police station at Mount Druitt.

“If I saw him I would certainly stop, I’d shake his hand and thank him for what he did,” he said.

“He’s a good person, now that matter before the court will play its part but that won’t change my opinion of him as a quality police officer,” Mr Fuller said.

NoCookies | The Australian
AUGUST 5, 2019

The mens shed and oval is just outside town, on the way t0 Benaroon (via Batar creek rd). Is it possible that someone went past it? Benaroon is the next logical turn about point, if one missed it..

Yes and i totally agree, as i have known of LE that do a good job too. But as i said it's the bad ones that give the good ones a bad name too, because people do stereotype and it's not fair on those that actually do their job properly. And i think that goes for wherever we are in the world, there are good people and not so good people as well in all walks of life.
And agree with what you say about police in WT's investigation too. I imagine an investigation is a process of ruling someone in as a suspect or ruling them out. But yes, BS was trying to help them do that after they questioned and accused him of taking WT from the yard, and called him a liar as well when he tried to give them information that would of helped them rule him in or out.
So they definitely dropped the ball with that, IMO.
BBM. Exactly, so we can we all please stop cop bashing now? IMO the good ones for outnumber the bad ones. Let's be positive and not stereotype & focus on the good ones?

Where is William.

Yep, @Karinna - but can you find police were corrupt in this case spcifilcally ? It would take some thinking that's for sure - & given you & I (presume) are outside the workforce - well, what then? We still don't know the circumstances around any of these "hidden" witness - which is scary TBH eek o_O
BBM, That will be determined in a court of law if & when the case by Mr. O'Brien goes to court, as per his litigation against them.

BBM, That will be determined in a court of law if & when the case by Mr. O'Brien goes to court, as per his litigation against them.
Are you sure it's corruption that he's suing for? Alleging corruption is very serious, so lets' make sure we get our facts straight, otherwise they (the police) might engage a solicitor too. Lots of people are now taking legal action for being vilified on Social media. IMO Example. Tracey Brose - principal Mt Tamborine SHS.

A principal is suing parents for more than $1 million over online comments

ttps://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/tamborine-mountain-state-school-parents-donna-and-miguel-baluskas-bankrupted-over-defamation-case/news-story/57b340b6c7ba3c0cd9d0b22953e37ff4

'Two parents accused of defaming Tamborine Mountain State School Principal Tracey Brose on Facebook have been bankrupted after they failed to pay the principal’s legal costs.'

Last edited:
Are you sure it's corruption that he's suing for? Alleging corruption is very serious, so lets' make sure we get our facts straight, otherwise they (the police) might engage a solicitor too. Lots of people are now taking legal action for being vilified on Social media. IMO Example. Tracey Brose - principal Mt Tamborine SHS.
I didn't state police corruption is what BS lawyer is suing for. He is suing for Malicious Prosecution & Misfeasance.

I didn't state police corruption is what BS lawyer is suing for. He is suing for Malicious Prosecution & Misfeasance.

upload_2019-11-11_16-13-16.png

Peekinandy posted, 'but can you find police were corrupt in this case specifically?'

The reply was, 'that will be determined in a court of law if and when the case by Mr O'Brien goes to court'

View attachment 214550

Peekinandy posted, 'but can you find police were corrupt in this case specifically?'

The reply was, 'that will be determined in a court of law if and when the case by Mr O'Brien goes to court'

What makes a malicious prosecution?
To be legally recognised as a malicious prosecution needs much more than a successful defence. A malicious prosecution also requires proof of malice, and proof that the prosecution lacked reasonable and probable cause to bring or maintain the charges.
Malicious Prosecution - Police Accountability

And the words Police corruption and police misconduct are used interchangeably.

I found this article interesting about Malicious Prosecution.

In the area of police misconduct I am asked about the advisability of suing for malicious prosecution more than any other tort, usually at the request of a still angry person who has been found not guilty by a judge or jury of a criminal charge or charges. For reasons which I hope will become clear later in this article, my advice is usually guarded. History and experience have shown that choosing such a course involves a high risk of failure.

http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/PrecedentAULA/2015/57.html

And we also have the Misfeasance litigation.
(quote)
What Is Misfeasance?

Misfeasance occurs when an act is legal but is performed illegally or in an improper manner. A defendant is responsible for misfeasance when they willfully commit a wrong that causes harm to the plaintiff or breaches their duty of care by performing the legal act.

For a prima facie negligence case, there are four elements required: duty owed to the plaintiff by the defendant, breach of the duty, causation, and damages. A plaintiff is owed a duty of reasonable care, which must be toward a foreseeable plaintiff. The standard of care exercised towards the plaintiff should be that of a reasonable, ordinary and prudent person in similar circumstances.
Usually, misfeasance occurs in a business or public office setting. Misfeasance can occur in unintentional ways through negligence and without ill intent or violation of the law. The term is usually used when a professional or public official performs his job but in an improper manner.
What Is Misfeasance? | LegalMatch

And here are some of the elements it takes for an action of Malicious Prosecution.
(quote)
The elements of an action for malicious prosecution
Generally, in order for a person to succeed in the action of malicious prosecution, they must prove these five elements:
  1. That the prosecution proceedings were initiated by the defendant (the state) against them (the accused person).
  2. That the termination of the prosecution proceedings was in the accused person’s favour.
  3. That the defendant did not have ‘reasonable and probable cause’ to being the proceedings.
  4. That the defendant engaged in malice.
  5. That the accused person has suffered actual damage as a result of the malicious prosecution.
    Getting Damages for Malicious Prosecutions in NSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members