CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the trial is only expected to last two more weeks, right? What if sometime this week they call SF, she refuses to testify and is jailed on a contempt charge? All she has to do is sit in jail for less than two weeks; once the trial is over her contempt is a moot point. Right?

At least that might get her out of the lobby and potentially getting into scuffles with Witnesses or staring them down and intimidating local witnesses and/or family members as they walk in?

@GoJacks, is SF still sitting in the court lobby every day or was that just the first few days?

ETA and that also would put her in jail during the defense so that she would not know what is going on and wouldn't even be available in the outside world to hear the verdict. Aww, perhaps they'll put her in a Cell right next to him in the jail. Pffft.

MOO

Last edited:
But the trial is only expected to last two more weeks, right? What if sometime this week they call SF, she refuses to testify and is jailed on a contempt charge? All she has to do is sit in jail for less than two weeks; once the trial is over her contempt is a moot point. Right?
Didn’t the judge admonish the person drawing pictures and threaten 6 months in jail ?
ETA link

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Judge Sells told him he doesn’t want anyone sketching anyone else in the courtroom. This was an intense moment. He said he could throw him in jail right now for six months on contempt of court. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth#PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:16 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Last edited:
I think a third party is involved and is tied to PF. I think KK's drugs incapacitated KB and that is why KK is so desperate to paint PF as the murderer with a ball bat in the condo. She feared losing her job. Which she lost. She's likely going to lose her children.

Yet not one shred of evidence that a ball bat was used or that the murder took place there. KK is a sick, obsessive liar trying to save her own hide. Not once in her testimony did she even mention her children or trying to protect them from PF after she claimed he made threats. What kind of mother does that? It's because PF never went to ID and never threatened her children.

JMO
BBM.
I don’t think there has been any testimony about KK having drugs or the hospital saying that drugs went missing. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Can you link a source that states KK has already lost her job?

As to her testimony omitting mention of her children, you do realize that she can only answer the questions that are asked, right? Can you cite a source stating that she was asked about her children?

Curious those who do not believe PF is the killer- how do you interpret this ?
Friend testifies Frazee said, ‘I figured out a way to kill her’
Snipped

Patrick Frazee murder trial: ‘I figured out a way to kill her,' friend testifies Frazee told him
Investigators find tooth in burn scar on Frazee ranch
Posted: 11:21 AM, Nov 08, 2019
Updated: 6:47 PM, Nov 09, 2019

Is the friend making this up?

For the record I believe he did it and the prosecution is proving their case IMO

Didn’t the judge admonish the person drawing pictures and threaten 6 months in jail ?
He did. That was for violation of a court order. I don’t know if a refusal to testify is treated the same way or not. One is doing something that you were expressly told not to do. The other is remaining silent when told to speak. So I don’t know, I’ll defer to the attorneys to say what worst case scenario for SF would be.

BBM.
I don’t think there has been any testimony about KK having drugs or the hospital saying that drugs went missing. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Can you link a source that states KK has already lost her job?

As to her testimony omitting mention of her children, you do realize that she can only answer the questions that are asked, right? Can you cite a source stating that she was asked about her children?

Kenney, also known as Krystal Lee, was the 2008 Rodeo Queen of the Magic Valley and worked as a pre-op nurse at St. Luke’s Magic Valley Medical Center.

St. Luke’s spokeswoman Michelle Bartlome confirmed in January that law enforcement had contacted the hospital. Bartlome, however, said she “wasn’t in a position to disclose” which agency made contact. “She confirmed Monday that Kenney is no longer a St. Luke’s employee.”

UPDATE: Magic Valley woman pleads guilty to tampering with evidence in Colorado

Last edited:
I'm only going by the testimony as reported. Did it include any mention of plane crash victims? Not that I'm aware.

The link I posted had the agent saying she believed it to be a tooth and it turned out to be a partial tooth. Whether it was human or animal has not been entered into testimony that I am aware.

JMO

No, you didn’t mention plane crash victims. That was me, responding to this part of your post: “I don't believe an LE officer knows whether a partial tooth is human or belongs to an animal, so no, I'm still not convinced a human body was in the fire.”

I cannot tell from your post if you believe LE can’t distinguish a human from an animal tooth ever - or just not it this case.

If you believe they haven’t shown it to be a human tooth yet in this case, so be it.

But it would be misinformation to state that a human tooth cannot be distinguished. It certainly can, and one example is forensic dental identification of plane crash victims.

I hope this clears up your confusion.

Kenney, also known as Krystal Lee, was the 2008 Rodeo Queen of the Magic Valley and worked as a pre-op nurse at St. Luke’s Magic Valley Medical Center.

St. Luke’s spokeswoman Michelle Bartlome confirmed in January that law enforcement had contacted the hospital. Bartlome, however, said she “wasn’t in a position to disclose” which agency made contact. “She confirmed Monday that Kenney is no longer a St. Luke’s employee.”

UPDATE: Magic Valley woman pleads guilty to tampering with evidence in Colorado
Ok but it doesn’t state whether she was terminated or whether she quit.

I was just reading my primer book on law.

1 piece of circumstantial evidence = possible Reasonable Doubt. (Circumstantial evidence, also called indirect evidence, requires that an inference be made between the evidence and the conclusion to be drawn from it... which I think requires 2nd or 3rd level thinking)

1+1=2

1+1+1=3

2+2=4

1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 (statistically a plethora of circumstantial evidence put together to infer the odds of all of these things happening) = Guilty, Beyond A Reasonable Doubt.

Ritchie said after Thanksgiving he saw the pallets burned and saw Frazee near the fire. He said Frazee burned a few shed deer antlers, and the fire got about 13 feet high. He did not know if he smelled any accelerants.

That would be THE fire, wouldn't it?

Nothing there about Ma so I maybe be mixed or another reporter tweeted it. In fact, I think they used the word "patio" in reference to Ma coming out on the deck.

Exactly..... as I read through posts, especially those where folks may believe PF is not guilty, and I read their reasoning behind it, I remind myself that we are all going through this trial with second hand tweets, FB live posts, etc, forming our own interpretation based on those.... and the reporters are doing an excellent job of it. I remind myself not to get caught up in the slight difference of a word/s a witness is "reported" to have said. It's the major and obvious testimony of facts that matters the most to me. Innocent until proven guilty... of course. But PF is the guy with the bulls eye on him.... and the more I read/hear, that bow & arrow keeps raising higher and higher.... aiming towards the bulls eye.

Ok but it doesn’t state whether she was terminated or whether she quit.

A new insight you have here, and yes, that is what the article stated , although the original poster stated "She feared losing her job. Which she lost."

For folks who have worked in the workplace for a long time, many times we see that people have the option of either quitting, or being threatened to get fired and having the opportunity to quit first. I don't believe that the corporation would tell the media which happened, as heck, they aren't even allowed to tell potential employers that many times!

The * commonly accepted rule* MOO these days is that HR/company can tell the dates of employment, and then they shut up. Legal stuff and all which in the last 20 years is common is the reason why they don't comment anymore. But that's been talked about up thread as some posters may not be familiar with employment rules and regulations as they have never been in the workplace.

MOO

I started to read this post and had to stop and go have a cigarette. I've returned and read it all and have some questions.

Do you personally know or have you ever had encounters/dealings/acquaintance with either Patrick Frazee or Krystal Kenney?

Do you believe Kelsey is dead?

Do you believe that PF killed Kelsey? If not, do you think KK did?

If you don't think there was a fire (THE fire), what do think the plastic crust under the fresh soil was?

I'll skip the tooth fragment because we'll finding out about that soon.

Kelsey's blood around her townhouse is forensic evidence. Do you think someone went in there and scattered her blood around or that Kelsey got hurt and bled all over her walls, oven, fireplace, bathroom ceiling, towel bar, door hinges, toilet, bathtub and fireplace, etc?

What do you make of PF being on camera 11 times, at her place, when he claims to have been there only once to pick up Baby K, and her never being seen again after that?

How about her phone, traveling with his, while he's making fake calls to her?

I'm tired and that's about all I can think to ask ATM but am being sincere to try and figure out where you're coming from and exactly what you think may have happened.
Thank you @Artis, for taking the time to ask these very pertinent questions. Purposely ignoring the evidence will never lead you to the truth of the matter. Going down that road is a fool's errand, as the say.
ed:word

Last edited:
I think since her felony had to do with contributing to a murder coverup, that'll keep her out of nursing.
Let's say a future co-worker/nurse kills someone, and she decides to cover it up again, the hospital has a huge law suit. Also since she's contemplated killing someone, even using drugs to do it, WHO KNOWS if she'll cross that line again. So if the nursing board is smart...we all know what they need to do.
There is actually a book about nurses and doctors killing. I haven't read it yet. If I do, I'll never want to go to the hospital again
One of the Crime Show series recently did a piece on "Nurses Who Kill" and surprising to me it's not that uncommon. They also questioned the ex-nurses after they were convicted of murder, some as many as 67, what
were their motives....several admitted they just
wanted to reduce their workload. HAH.

Just found another gem by PF that I hadn’t seen before.
It’s right up there with “Well, exactly”.

“In early December, Frazee started to make many comments about Pike and San Isabel National Forest further west of Florissant, Moore said. Frazee said if Berreth had committed suicide, she could just run up to the national forest and do it and nobody would ever find her. Frazee said there were parts of the national forest where no man has ever been, or ever would be for thousands of years. Moore said Frazee brought this topic up often — that Berreth had gone to the national forest and had killed herself.

One time, Moore said he asked how that could be the case if investigators said her cell phone had pinged off a cell tower in Idaho, to which Frazee replied, “Huh. Yeah.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/kelsey-berreth-case/patrick-frazee-murder-trial-k-9-handlers-say-dogs-hit-on-items-tied-to-kelsey-berreths-killing

“In early December, Frazee started to make many comments about Pike and San Isabel National Forest further west of Florissant, Moore said. Frazee said if Berreth had committed suicide, she could just run up to the national forest and do it and nobody would ever find her. Frazee said there were parts of the national forest where no man has ever been, or ever would be for thousands of years. Moore said Frazee brought this topic up often — that Berreth had gone to the national forest and had killed herself.

One time, Moore said he asked how that could be the case if investigators said her cell phone had pinged off a cell tower in Idaho, to which Frazee replied, “Huh. Yeah.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/kelsey-berreth-case/patrick-frazee-murder-trial-k-9-handlers-say-dogs-hit-on-items-tied-to-kelsey-berreths-killing

I saw that same quote again, and it makes me wonder which is the better one to Define what a Frazee'ism is?

The quote from the bank or this one?

"'He said "you know, if Kelsey wanted to commit suicide, she could go out to Pike National Forest and commit suicide and no one would ever find her." I said "Patrick, if her phone is pinging up in Idaho, how can she possibly be in Pike National Forest? And he just went "huh, yeah..."'

Patrick Frazee said 'if there is no body, there is no crime' after Kelsey Berreth disappeared | Daily Mail Online

SMDH

1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+++1+1+1+1+1= Beyond A Reasonable Doubt!!!

But it requires 2nd or 3rd level thinking and inferences. I guess that is why we saw in the voir dire that they asked can you do critical thinking. If somebody cannot do critical thinking, they cannot put two and two together, and all the circumstantial evidence, and put it together.

Many of us here do that with many cases, but seriously, that is what the prosecution was looking for as not everybody has the capability to do that even though most folks can do it easily? They know that some individuals just cannot cannot do such it appears.

The prosecution recognizes such, and hopefully got rid of those during voir dire.

MOO

Last edited:
The tooth was just brought up for the first time this week and only in a general way. We have yet to hear from the CBI experts on what the findings are and whether they were able to get a DNA match on the tooth. But the article I posted explained the existence of the tooth, CBI analysis process and possible DNA testing and confirmed that the Defense would be present at the analysis as the tooth itself would be lost/consumed by the testing.
And jumping off this, why on earth would a DA with May's experience even "mention" the tooth if it belonged to say a dog, cow or deer? What would be the point?? That would be as non sensible as some of the theories being postulated on this thread that utterly ignore the evidence before us.

The prosecution's case, with only being one week in, is rock solid. It would appear to me that the Defence's case has cracks in its' foundation. Heck, their client is "cracked" too! JMHO
JMHO

I saw that same quote again, and it makes me wonder which is the better one to Define what a Frazee'ism is?

The quote from the bank or this one?

"'He said "you know, if Kelsey wanted to commit suicide, she could go out to Pike National Forest and commit suicide and no one would ever find her." I said "Patrick, if her phone is pinging up in Idaho, how can she possibly be in Pike National Forest? And he just went "huh, yeah..."'

Patrick Frazee said 'if there is no body, there is no crime' after Kelsey Berreth disappeared | Daily Mail Online

SMDH

1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+++1+1+1+1+1= Beyond A Reasonable Doubt!!!

But it requires 2nd or 3rd level thinking and inferences. I guess that is why we saw in the voir dire that they asked can you do critical thinking. If somebody cannot do critical thinking, they cannot put two and two together, and all the circumstantial evidence, and put it together.

Many of us here do that with many cases, but seriously, that is what the prosecution was looking for as not everybody has the capability to do that even though most folks can do it easily? They know that some individuals just cannot cannot do such it appears.

The prosecution recognizes such, and hopefully got rid of those during voir dire.

MOO

Huh? Yeah. Well, exactly!
:p:p:p

Great catch!! I'm killing myself. How stupid is this guy? Seriously, I didn't need to ask, did I? Stupid is stupid IS stupid :p

Probably not a Good Look to the jury though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419