Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #116

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could of also been someone who used to work at the abandoned human resource building. The person felt comfortable parking there, and also being a government worker; would of had the day off.

Well must admit I didn't think of that but I suppose anyone any trade or position is likely.

MM

Could of also been someone who used to work at the abandoned human resource building. The person felt comfortable parking there, and also being a government worker; would of had the day off.
Could also be someone who delivered documents there at one time, who works for Federal Express or a national courier chain (or even a relative of someone who once made deliveries there who could have casually mentioned it.)

My father drove a truck for over 40 years and could always tell me the best (and free:D) places to park that were unheard of, if I was venturing somewhere I hadn't been before.

That is a good point. Cannot recall the exact words...but she basically blew off the notion that the killer would be coming after her. I've never understood why she was/is so sure of that.
Yes. I find her response puzzling. Seemed like something has occurred in the killer’s life that would make him much less dangerous to the public. At least that was my interpretation. And I cannot think of what would make a person capable of doing this less dangerous. Being in jail maybe or being injured and unable to walk or use a weapon, maybe?

What made me wonder what all was captured on audio was LE claim that it was over quickly and DC stating “paraphrasing from memory) that he would always think about what the girls went through, especially last 30 minutes of their life . MOO
Iirc, when investigator described what they heard on the recording was the “stuff of nightmares”.

I'm beginning to wonder if someone the girls both knew, moreso Libby, was confiding in her about abuse, be it sexual and/or physical, which is why then she factory reset her phone? Maybe the victim found out that the abuser was aware of the conversations and told Libby but it was too little too late? Then the "meet up" was supposed to be a confrontation to find out how much of the beans had been spilled about the abuse? Maybe potential friend is covering for a parent or uncle out of fear? Amateur speculation. Moo.

Then the person, the friend, is living in mortal fear.

I agree here. I think if they were able to obtain BG’s DNA from the crime scene, he isn’t on file and his family members are also not on file or any genealogical database. I think this will go like so many cold cases unsolved until BG gets his DNA on record for another offense or a family member happens to get his/hers on record or put theirs on an ancestry type site.

they were probably asked not to do it ((( but who knows what technology will come up with tomorrow? GSK also did not think of his DNA being used against him, right?

Yes. I find her response puzzling. Seemed like something has occurred in the killer’s life that would make him much less dangerous to the public. At least that was my interpretation. And I cannot think of what would make a person capable of doing this less dangerous. Being in jail maybe or being injured and unable to walk or use a weapon, maybe?

Married?
This once made GRK, Gary Ridgeway, less dangerous, for a while

I don't believe for one second that BG has any pangs of conscience. I also don't think that the change in BG (if he has changed) is negative.
The most likely change is this: he used to show signs of anger and the potential for violence, but now he's the most well-adjusted, most content, most affable, most easy-going young man in town. People are remarking upon how much he's matured and are starting to talk about him as a future community leader; women are encouraging their daughters to try to catch his eye.
The change is a facade, of course, designed to ensure that no one could consider him capable of his heinous, brutal crime. In attempting to project the public image that he wants to cultivate, he will likely have overdone it. A rare few may sense his lack of sincerity, but most will be completely fooled.
IMO there are 2 bad guys. one on bridge & one driver / murder participant. that would explain why there are two sketches.

Interesting he brings up the teacher angle. I've wondered about this, and why people keep bringing it up.

I've never thought BG is some guy on the fringe with no job and nobody in his life. I've thought this is someone who has a life and career path, maybe even a family, but whose sinister side lies right below the surface.

Most government employees had that day off in the state of Illinois, and I've wondered since very early on if there's a connection with that state in this case.

JMO

“Teacher” may be anything, pastor or role model of any kind. Even AA or NA sponsor, lol. Big brother.

I've talked to my kids and their friends about this crime since it happened. Two of my kids are close in age to the girls and have played softball a number of times in the area, before and after the crime.

They have always said one would not leave the other in such a case and would try to fight it out or both run.
I asked about videoing the bridge guy, they've always said they would have too if they thought he was "weird".
I asked why not call 911? They all agreed no one could get there that fast if they did and what if they were wrong about the person?
Recently I asked about resetting their phones, specifically what would cause them to do it now or then. A few mentioned viruses slowing down the phone or taking up memory would cause them to do that. But they all agreed they would back the phone pics up to the cloud and or desktop.

just their points of view I find interesting as MOO

I asked mine what they’d do too. They were right with your kids on the first 2 points. They would not leave each other or a friend and they’d fight. They definitely would video someone being strange.

Mine said they would activate the emergency SOS on their phones or call someone if they felt they were in danger and it was a stranger. We live in a much bigger city and maybe they are more paranoid because of that. I asked if they’d still activate the emergency SOS if it was a friend or someone they knew being weird and they said probably not initially, but maybe later on depending on what they was going on and if they could.

They said they would not do a factory reset on their phones on their own and would bring the device to me to deal with. We recently had an issue with Snapchat causing problems and doing a factory reset WAS a recommendation to fix it. It was the last straw. Even with a backup it’s a pain when you do a reset. We were able to rectify the issue without having to go that route.

Who would benefit the most from the death of one or both young women? Theoretically. What situation could have possibly arisen for someone to risk it all in order to gain a benefit?
These psychopaths don't think they're risking anything. They're thoroughly convinced that they're smarter than LE, so they are certain that they'll get away with their crimes.
Odds are the only benefit was sexual gratification.

I think this is a highly likely scenario, if the crime was targeted. I don't know if the girls knew who they would be meeting, but I do think they had some idea they could meet up with someone there. They may not have known that the person whose cover they could blow was meeting them there - but they may have been set up by him. But he may have planned it to punish them for potentially outing his abuse of some other victim(s).
wow you theory could be correct. I thought BG had been at bridge looking & when he saw which trail the girls were taking, he knew they would be isolated. (because he had been there observing.) even after he headed toward them, he could call off his sinister plan if others showed up. unfortunately no one else entered the bridge.

I'm beginning to wonder if someone the girls both knew, moreso Libby, was confiding in her about abuse, be it sexual and/or physical, which is why then she factory reset her phone? Maybe the victim found out that the abuser was aware of the conversations and told Libby but it was too little too late? Then the "meet up" was supposed to be a confrontation to find out how much of the beans had been spilled about the abuse? Maybe potential friend is covering for a parent or uncle out of fear? Amateur speculation. Moo.
Even though the secret being kept could be any number of things, I do think the scenario is a likely one.

I've thought from the beginning that the girls had planned to meet someone there that day but the person they expected was not the one who showed up. Wanting a secret to remain a secret certainly fits with performing a factory reset on the phone.

If the phone was reset and not backed up, I'm not sure LE would be able to retrieve it. And I think that's a probability because most kids don't bother with the cloud. My kids are young adults and neither of them have made it a priority - even after they lost thousands of photos.

If that "secret" was so awful, someone one could go to jail, I can certainly entertain the idea someone might kill to keep it a secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla