CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all I could find

12:00 p.m.

Slater: Kenney said that Frazee suggested poisoning a Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks with Ambien and other drugs to kill Kelsey Berreth, she carried some of those drugs as a nurse. Kenney said she went to the Starbucks and drove to Berreth’s townhome on Sept. 23, 2018. That’s when Kenney told Slater she gave her the coffee, which she told investigators wasn’t drugged. Slater said Kenney told him she told Berreth that she was a neighbor and she wanted to thank Berreth for finding her dogs.

Slater said Kenney told him that she didn’t drug the drink because “she didn’t want to hurt her.” Kenney said she texted Frazee afterward. Kenney told Slater that Frazee was angry. She said Frazee sent her an apology text later that day. According to Slater, Frazee told Kenney that there would be another chance.

Blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing
Did KB ever "find KK's dogs"? I'd call 911 if some stranger offered me my favorite coffee drink at my door, because I found their dogs. When I hadn't.

MsBetsy, Not all hospitals have stringent record keeping regarding their drug supply.
We had a case in my area where a male nurse
was stealing lots of different drugs over many months. when he was finally caught he said he
was giving the extra drugs to his patients under his care, because the doctors weren't prescribing enough for their pain. He was quietly allowed
to resign. No charges. But within the year the
nurse murdered his father, mother and brother.
You may have heard about the case of the guy stealing money from his family to send $$ overseas to an online call girl.
I believe that a lack of character and morals
spills over into committing other crimes also.

Last edited:
I think she did testify to doing that. I'll edit if I find it.

I don't think they knew in February exactly who would be charged. The DA at the time during a press conference said as much, IIRC.
Do we know for certain there aren't other charges that may still be coming? Like maybe in Idaho? I'm thinking about the friend she gave the gun to. He was in possession of a stolen firearm belonging to a murdered woman. Sorry, if I'm off base here as I'm not familiar with gun laws. Just curious.

Ok, thank you.
I still don't see where she said she brought drugs with her on any of the trips to Colorado, or ever had any drugs in her possession.

It says PF asked her to drug her because she carried drugs with her as a nurse.
Do all nurses do this?
I've never heard of that unless they are going into patients homes to administer medication. And in that case I would think they would have to keep records of what they have and what they administered and what time, etc.

Or maybe Frazee just assumed because she was a nurse she would have some with her. He's not too bright, after all.

Imo
ETA: Leaving this for consistency but I updated the posts below, this was not correct information.

I replied to your question earlier to in this thread. The quote I posted clearly states that she physically carried the drugs with her from Idaho to CO. See below for my post to you.

No, all nurses do not carry drugs. I'm very skeptical where she obtained them. It's not super easy to steal them from work. My guess is still that she had a personal RX or a friend with a personal RX that she nabbed a couple from. It's far easier to go into a friends medicine cabinet than to steal meds from a hospital.

Editing this post to include corrected information:
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/Application and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant.pdf
Yes, that is a simple solution. Sadly, the reporters even though they referenced that document, apparently took liberties with the information. You are right that it says no such thing. You'll see from my posting history that I found it hard to believe that she would actually have had them and only changed my view when presented with this evidence. Now that the evidence has been proven false, I'll return to my previous feelings on the matter (happily, I might add - it never made sense to me that she'd actually have them).

For others, on page 8 of Attachment A #63 it says:
Frazee Application and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant said:
Between the dates of approximately September 1, 2019, and November 22, 2018, Lee was solicited by Frazee on at least three separate occasions to murder Berreth. Lee took specific and significant steps towards accomplishing the murder. Lee stated she actually went to a Starbuck's coffee to Berreth's residence, and although she did not put anything in the coffee, Frazee wanted her to put Valium and Ambien in the coffee. On another occasion, Frazee provided Lee a metal pipe and again instructed her to go to Berreth's residence and hit her with the pipe. Lee did not go through with it, and returned the pipe to Frazee's residence.

Last edited:
This is all I could find

12:00 p.m.

Slater: Kenney said that Frazee suggested poisoning a Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks with Ambien and other drugs to kill Kelsey Berreth, she carried some of those drugs as a nurse. Kenney said she went to the Starbucks and drove to Berreth’s townhome on Sept. 23, 2018. That’s when Kenney told Slater she gave her the coffee, which she told investigators wasn’t drugged. Slater said Kenney told him she told Berreth that she was a neighbor and she wanted to thank Berreth for finding her dogs.

Slater said Kenney told him that she didn’t drug the drink because “she didn’t want to hurt her.” Kenney said she texted Frazee afterward. Kenney told Slater that Frazee was angry. She said Frazee sent her an apology text later that day. According to Slater, Frazee told Kenney that there would be another chance.

Blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing
I guess we'll never really know if the Starbucks was laced, as KB had the good sense not to accept it. I wonder if either KK or her aunt drank or just dumped it out? :cool:

I replied to your question earlier to in this thread. The quote I posted clearly states that she physically carried the drugs with her from Idaho to CO. See below for my post to you.

No, all nurses do not carry drugs. I'm very skeptical where she obtained them. It's not super easy to steal them from work. My guess is still that she had a personal RX or a friend with a personal RX that she nabbed a couple from. It's far easier to go into a friends medicine cabinet than to steal meds from a hospital.
Thanks, that's what I was looking for, the other quote I read wasn't that clear.
Yeah, if she admitted carrying drugs with her I'm assuming she got them from another source and not from the hospital.
I always assumed she really did spike the coffee and KB didn't drink it, but never saw any confirmation that she actually had drugs with her at that time until now.

Imo

@Wishbone said:
This is all I could find

Ok, thank you. I still don't see where she said she brought drugs with her on any of the trips to Colorado, or ever had any drugs in her possession.
Imo
^^S/BBM

KK did carry drugs! (posted up thread)

Kenney said Frazee suggested that she drug Berreth’s favorite coffee drink, a caramel macchiato, and give it to Berreth. She also told police that she carried the drugs that she could use to poison the coffee. Police said Kenney admitted to buying the drink to give to Berreth but that she didn’t put any drugs in that drink.

“Krystal tells investigators that she didn’t comply with any of those and that the last time she was here on October 21 she sat and said ‘I can’t do this…’ and tells Patrick ‘I can’t do this,'” said Viehman.

Court Update: Patrick Frazee's Lover Was Told To Drug Kelsey Berreth's Coffee

ETA: KK said she carried drugs at her preliminary hearing (according to CBS link).

Last edited:
KK’s hospital carried the drugs in question. At no point did she say she physically had possession of those drugs.

Frazee suggested Kenney taint a caramel macchiato from Starbucks with ambien or other narcotics to kill Kelsey Berreth. Kenney said she carried some of those drugs as a nurse. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Thanks, that's what I was looking for, the other quote I read wasn't that clear.
Yeah, if she admitted carrying drugs with her I'm assuming she got them from another source and not from the hospital.
I always assumed she really did spike the coffee and KB didn't drink it, but never saw any confirmation that she actually had drugs with her at that time until now.

Imo
But it's pretty vague on what the "drugs" were.

I missed the relevance of such. Her mother specifically said that when she went to the condo she put the photos of KB and PF face down... that would mean that Krystal Lee would have seen all of them when cleaning. Of PF, KB and baby.

you are correct - that's what I was remembering. Not that KKL did it, but that CB did it. Thank you!

Do we know for certain there aren't other charges that may still be coming? Like maybe in Idaho? I'm thinking about the friend she gave the gun to. He was in possession of a stolen firearm belonging to a murdered woman. Sorry, if I'm off base here as I'm not familiar with gun laws. Just curious.

I don't think we know for certain. I would be surprised, though.

Imo

KK’s hospital carried the drugs in question. At no point did she say she physically had possession of those drugs.

Frazee suggested Kenney taint a caramel macchiato from Starbucks with ambien or other narcotics to kill Kelsey Berreth. Kenney said she carried some of those drugs as a nurse. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

That's not what the quote from February says, though. It clearly states that she carried the drugs to CO - not just that she had access to them as a nurse. Until I saw this article with this wording referencing the affidavit did I believe she had drugs with her. Since the article I posted references PF's arrest affidavit so I'm going to go through that and see if I can find the relevant part. This is maddening when the reporting doesn't agree.

you are correct - that's what I was remembering. Not that KKL did it, but that CB did it. Thank you!

I don't think we know for certain. I would be surprised, though.

That's not what the quote from February says, though. It clearly states that she carried the drugs to CO - not just that she had access to them as a nurse. Until I saw this article with this wording referencing the affidavit did I believe she had drugs with her. Since the article I posted references PF's arrest affidavit so I'm going to go through that and see if I can find the relevant part. This is maddening when the reporting doesn't agree.
Simple solution, read the affidavit the report was based on. I just did, and it says no such thing.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...lication and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant.pdf

Kenney said Frazee suggested that she drug Berreth’s favorite coffee drink, a caramel macchiato, and give it to Berreth. She also told police that she carried the drugs that she could use to poison the coffee. Police said Kenney admitted to buying the drink to give to Berreth but that she didn’t put any drugs in that drink.

“Krystal tells investigators that she didn’t comply with any of those and that the last time she was here on October 21 she sat and said ‘I can’t do this…’ and tells Patrick ‘I can’t do this,'” said Viehman.

Court Update: Patrick Frazee's Lover Was Told To Drug Kelsey Berreth's Coffee

IF stupid KK arrived at Kelsey's home, with a Caramel Macchiato, wouldn't Kelsey be suspicious, as to HOW KK was aware of Kelsey's favourite coffee?
Surely Kelsey questioned PF, and was suspicious.
BUT, then perhaps KK only brought a Kelsey a Coffee, nothing specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23