Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #116

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could of also been someone who used to work at the abandoned human resource building. The person felt comfortable parking there, and also being a government worker; would of had the day off.

Good point - and if they regularly took lunch breaks outside might be used to walking that bridge?

Here is my question, hoping several people will add their thoughts:

After 26 months and a few days, the investigation's focus changed.
DC made a statement basically saying, "you never thought we would change direction, but we have." ( obviously this is not verbatim.)

My question is this:
Why after 26 months why did their investigation take this new turn?
Why do YOU think that after 2 plus years of working on the case, did the investigators come to a conclusion that they had been on the wrong path. Why are they "Just beginning?"

I do have a theory, but want to know what others think.

EBM

Last edited:
Who would benefit the most from the death of one or both young women? Theoretically. What situation could have possibly arisen for someone to risk it all in order to gain a benefit?

My thoughts are that the only benefit is because he could. He had been brewing this up in his mind for a long time. He had to know if he could do it and get away with it.

Not only did he do it, and so far not paid any price for it- he has alluded arrest even though there is video and audio of HIM.

I am sure that his ego and his self confidence is now above reproach.

Satisfaction. Power. His benefits.

So that article says the phone was "found with the girls at the crime scene." It does not say in the creek, however it may have been.

My spidey senses are pegging the redline on this case. Somethin' ain't right, somebody, who is least expected, is in on it.

Too many what if's. Seriously!

10 or 20 teens were there? Oh really.
2 girls abducted, kidnapped, marched down a hill, through the woods, across a creek, and nary a peep?
Several witnesses saw BG on the bridge/trail that day.
Called off the search that evening.....Oh really!
One BG/perp sketch for 2 years, then a different one?
We believe the killer is from Delphi?
We have likely interviewed him, or someone he knows?
We believe he may be IN THIS ROOM.
We have this video AND a voice recording AND DNA from the scene.
We state the NBG sketch IS the guy seen on the bridge in that video.
The voice recording IS the guy on the bridge.
We need one more tip to seal this thing.

Lordy, I was born at night, but not last night.

I smell a nasty rat.

My opinions only, save the factual items posted.
IMO sketch 1 is BG & sketch 2 was nearby but not on bridge.

IMO sketch 1 is BG & sketch 2 was nearby but not on bridge.

From the April 22nd press conference:

Please KNOW, these are not verbatim quotes , they are a summary.

First, Doug Carter stated that this new direction was a result of "new information."

Second, Doug Carter stated the person that is talking on the recording IS the person on the bridge.

Third,
DC stated that the new sketch IS the person responsible for the murders of these 2 little girls.

It is , I suppose, a possibility that they are incorrect. Just wanted to put this information out there for clarity.

Then I found this quote from an article written in August 2017:

“[the recording] does not appear to be anything more than some discussion between the girls. We have only released a portion of it. There are some others we think could help us but again protecting the integrity of the investigation is key so we cannot release everything because there are certain people that know the details and if we release it all then we get into false confessions,” said Sgt. Holeman.
We also know from this article (also from 2017) that the girls mentioned BG or "the man behind them" in the recording.

First post although I've been following for ages. Apologies if I'm quoting incorrectly.
With regard to the recording and the quotes pixiepixel mentions. We know that LE have said that the murder itself is not on the audio. In the above quote, they say the rest of the audio is just discussion between the girls. Yet they also say they won't release the rest of the audio because there is something on it that only the killer would know. Does this not support the theory that the killer was a stranger, someone the girls may have passed by earlier in their hike, and who said or did something they found 'creepy'? I'm thinking that the only explanation which fits that scenario is that the audio has the girls discussing what had previously happened with the 'creepy guy', which is what only the killer would know. And the fact that they don't refer to him by name means they didn't know him. It also implies that the most likely motive was rage over how the girls had reacted to him when he first encountered them.

With regard to the audio being "the stuff of nightmares" - with the murder itself not being there, this may just allude to how frightening a random attack of this nature is to all of us, that two young girls could have innocently provoked such a reaction. MOO.

Every time i see close ups of the condition of the bridge, im shocked there isnt more injuries or accidental deaths there. Looks so narrow and so hazardous.
Another interesting thing in that set of photos was the depiction of conditions beyond the "end" of the trail. Easily walkable in November....and probably February, as well.

Another interesting thing in that set of photos was the depiction of conditions beyond the "end" of the trail. Easily walkable in November....and probably February, as well.

That made me think too, especially with the rumor that Abby and Libby were discussing their options when they saw BG coming towards them.

Here is my question, hoping several people will add their thoughts:

After 26 months and a few days, the investigation's focus changed.
DC made a statement basically saying, "you never thought we would change direction, but we have." ( obviously this is not verbatim.)

My question is this:
Why after 26 months why did their investigation take this new turn?
Why do YOU think that after 2 plus years of working on the case, did the investigators come to a conclusion that they had been on the wrong path. Why are they "Just beginning?"

I do have a theory, but want to know what others think.

EBM
I think those fresh eyes suggested areas to start over, redo investigating, checking statements again, canvassing and interviewing. Something turned up. Then DNA research was done in late 2018 into 2019. Something turned up, someone maybe was eliminated, another someone maybe lied, so a new direction presented itself. Someone or a certain family became the focus because of whatever information came out of all the above. AJMO

"In 2018, investigators reached out to officials with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) and other FBI field offices to look over the case file and notes with a fresh set of eyes. Many believe that this might have eventually led to the recent overhaul, and now - with more than one state agency looking over the case, with cooperation from federal investigators - many believe that the killer's capture is imminent."

The Delphi Murders — Unresolved

Interesting he brings up the teacher angle. I've wondered about this, and why people keep bringing it up.

I've never thought BG is some guy on the fringe with no job and nobody in his life. I've thought this is someone who has a life and career path, maybe even a family, but whose sinister side lies right below the surface.

Most government employees had that day off in the state of Illinois, and I've wondered since very early on if there's a connection with that state in this case.

JMO
bbm
UPDATED ON: FEBRUARY 22, 2017 / 12:34 PM / CBS/AP

Cops say Ind. teen murder victim recorded suspect; chilling audio released

“Why Libby? Why Abby? Why Delphi? Why Carroll County?” he said. “Why the region, why the state, why even in the nation? I say that because this is a classic example and a clear example that evil lives among us.”

But Carter vowed, “We’re not stopping. Someone knows who this individual is.”
He also spoke directly to the girls’ killer.
“If you’re watching, we’ll find you,” Carter said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for those articles @pixiepixel I went back and read the first one as I had not seen all 30 pics before and noticed that the divers were suited up and ready to search on Wednesday, a day after they found the girls. Assuming they were looking for the murder weapon, anyone know if one was ever recovered even if they are keeping the cause of death under wraps?

Also noticed the quote says "there are certain people that know the details"...plural...is that common for LE to speak in abstract plurals or was that an indicator that they believed at one point this was not a single murderer responsible?

Also did the girls vlog? I just found it odd in the article that it says the video was a bunch of chatter about girl stuff and a mention of the man behind them, that sounds more like vlogging than recording evidence...

with more than one state agency looking over the case, with cooperation from federal investigators
^^ This, IMO. I think, they became aware of possible connections between cases, which nobody is telling us yet. Probably common features presented another sort of view on the cases than before, a different circle of offenders.
One common feature would be, IMO, for example: a bomb threat after a brutal (senseless) killing, at a time interval, that doesn't necessarily have to be the same in different cases. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea