MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos look like two different cabins. One is beige, the other is white. Not sure if it was mentioned in media or by someone here who knows Adrienne/family, but I recall that the family has two cabins in Honor, MI.
Yes they look like different cabins to me too. The white one has a wood roof, and the green (beige?) one has a metal roof. I remember reading one of the cabins was the hunting one and one was the nicer family cabin and that she was staying in the hunting one. I can’t remember where I saw that either!

Another photo of the cabin from the search (looks like the second one)
819fc752-3765-437d-b40d-2bd75633d0d6-medium16x9_Quintalsearch2.jpeg

$5,000 reward being offered in case of missing Benzie County woman

From the Record Eagle newspaper:

"Schendel said a search of her phone records revealed Quintal’s call to her friend was the third she tried to make."

Surely they can research and find who the other two calls were to. That would give a big boost to the investigation. It also, for me in MOO, changes my idea of what happened from her really being under fire into her having a breakdown/staging something. MOO.

This whole thing is so bizarre.

Is it possible that the statement linked above about the 3 phone calls AQ made doesn't mean that she tried calling 3 different people, but that she had to dial the same friend's number 3 times before the friend answered?? It was after 2 in the morning after all!! The friend was most likely sleeping.

imo

Video of the outside and inside of the cabin at the link:

Bullet Holes Found In Window of Benzie County Cabin Where Woman Was Last Seen - 9 & 10 News

ETA: According to the reporter in the video, Adrienne's friend could hear shots being fired in the background.

Here's the window that was left open and from which she climbed on the roof, and another view of the cabin side (stills from the video). The window to the left of the door is the one with the bullet holes.

Attachments

• aq-open_window.jpg
    aq-open_window.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 937
  • aq-window2.jpg
    aq-window2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 595
  • aq-window3.jpg
    aq-window3.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 843
Last edited:
It looks cold there. If she did escape the cabin, without warm gear, she wouldn’t be able to survive the cold. This case is so confusing with the details that have been reported. No evidence of anyone on the outside firing shots toward the cabin at all. Makes you doubt the whole report of a shootout.

I have not followed for a while because of out of the country and am catching up but was something mentioned that I missed that she was a "drug user"? I just do not believe drugs, intentional or accidental, nor do I believe mental health break. MOO. I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt and until otherwise revealed believe that "something" occurred that was threatening and she reacted by protecting herself by firing her gun and calling a friend to alert authorities. She has been missing for a while now. I do not think she staged this. Nothing has been stated, unless I missed it, to indicate she wanted to disappear. I do not believe she would abandon her son and leave him wondering what happened to her. The cabin is in a very remote area, probably not frequented much except for seasonally. Given the homelessness numbers and opioid crisis that exists today I would not be surprised to find out that this case is just a matter of foul play.....being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am WAY behind, did they find more then 1 type of gun shell casings in that cabin? How many guns did she have there? IMO
They found no other evidence of shooting from outside with any other gun is how I took it. They always need to perform a good search of areas like this in a hasty fashion right after they know someone is missing.

There were bullet holes in the window glass, but LE determined that the shots originated from inside the cabin. There was a shot fired into the ceiling, also from inside the cabin. In the call to her friend, she said that she had shot a man in the face, but no blood was found anywhere. No evidence was found that any shots were fired into the cabin from the outside. In an apparent escape, she climbed out of the cabin through a window and onto the roof, where she left her boots and cell phone. A gun was found at the property (which, I presume, is the one she used, although I don't know that for a fact).

I've no doubt that she perceived herself to be in the the middle of a shootout with two men, and that she was terrified. In my opinion, for whatever reason, she suffered a break with reality and was not rational. I believe that she'll be found not too far from the cabin.

I am wondering if the friend she called has ever met her boyfriend.

I am wondering if LE can prove Ada called her friend that night.

Sitting on my hands. MOO.

The friend did call the police, and some articles I read said the call between A and the friend lasted four minutes, so I think that verifies she called her - or someone with her phone did - I hope LE dusted the roof phone for prints. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member