CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that would only work if she was killed right after she drank the coffee, right? How long do those drugs stay in your system?

If the coffee was delivered in the evening like I read somewhere, I wonder if PF went to KB's not long after to see if the pills worked on her? Would have been easier to dispose of a drugged person than a live one!
PF makes me so sick! Wouldn't surprise me if he's a serial killer!

I mean, maybe we spend too much time obsessing about true crime, but ME TOO! I probably know what this means about me, but I would go inside and freak out why the person knew my Starbucks drink and made up a lie about the dogs. I would be on my guard for weeks. I'm a suspicious crazy lady, though, whereas Kelsey was trusting and bestowing of the benefit of the doubt, which makes me even more furious at what those *advertiser censored******s were planning for her. A good soul who deserved a good life and not the horrors these scumbags perpetrated on her.

I don't think she was trusting. Either her brother or his husband said she was guarded or reserved (something to that effect) around people she didn't know. We really don't know much about Kelsey other than stuff like responsible, good daughter, good mommy, good friend, sweet, etc. Somewhere I read on here that Kelsey's reply to KK regarding dogs was "I don't know what you're talking about". I think that came from KK. Any sane person would be like "WTF" if some stranger came offering something to ingest. I'd be on guard for weeks, too, and would have been hostile to such a stranger bearing my favorite Starbucks drink.

On that deal with KK asking for a "play date" (hate that term), did KK call Kelsey and ask that? I recall KK claiming she gave Kelsey her burner phone number and a fake name so, if she called Kelsey, that means she asked Kelsey for her phone and Kelsey gave it to her? That makes no sense. Wouldn't you be like, "F no, I'm not giving you phone number, now get your fat *advertiser censored* outa here!"?

And most importantly, the one that put him away.
Yes, And I'm sure Kelsey's Daughter, Mother, Father, and Brother, will be forever grateful to kk for her role in this case. /s
That might be 'most important' to you, but it wouldn't be to me, if it were my child. That ship has sailed.

Last edited:
Why oh why are we still beating this dead horse???
Deleted Gif by me

KK is not trial here, PF IS....
KK did not KILL KB, PF DID....
Without PF in the equation, Kelsey LIVES....
With PF in the equation, Kelsey DIES

Is KK a horrible, selfish, lying, manipulating, scheming. twisted, mentally unstable human being, of course she is.

Is she an actual murderer, NO.

MOO <sorry for the shouty caps> :oops:

All true but it is a discussion forum and posters gonna post :) Plus, KK is a key player in this crime so her actions and personality are of legitimate interest and relevant.

so an unrelated and yet sadly related note here. I was a little bit of testimony on Court Tv from one of the Teresa Sievers trials. I knew that she had been killed with a hammer but I was only aware of one man doing the well..hammering. Well, I was wrong, two men did that. So sad. Anyway, the first *** didn't think it would be hard to do..so he hit her in the back of the head with that hammer and guess what...she didn't fall down. She wasn't knocked out and...most terribly she could talk and recognoze him! She said, "why, why are you doing this?" He hit her twice more and of course she was not down or dead...so the other guy had to come in and hammer her, too.

So, if anyone thinks there is no way KB could be conscious or talk after being hit with a baseball bat by *** PF..well sadly, think again.

SO SAD
:(
Unbelievable, the amount of evil scum demons walking amongst us. I always knew there was a good amount of domestic violence situations in years past. However, it wasn't until I became a member on here, that I saw that more low lifes existed, and they're from all walks of life.

It just makes me sick to see how many people get killed in such brutal manners. How in the heck can someone do such a thing, walk away, and live their lives like nothing happened? How can it not haunt them? How can you eat, sleep, watch sports, drink beer, go on vacation, whatever else a person does, and not have this haunt you every day?

How can they take such pleasure hurting and killing another, leaving many victims behind of these crimes- the families, friends, co-workers- many secondary victims to these crimes, their lives are altered forever, losing their loved one.

Do people no longer have souls or consciences? There's so many of them out there now, it's unbelievable. Back when I was growing up, when you heard of such a case, it shocked the entire country! Now it happens all over the country, daily!

Does anyone have a detailed account of Sam's update??

Yes, *bump* go to this post up thread and then scroll down to the rest of Sam's show tonight. Scdiv take notes for the entire show. In multiple posts.

Sam Kraemer's live Facebook video on Monday, November 11, 2019

- Sam is talking about Radar the canine dog. He has never had a false hit. His handler said he would have brought him to court, but was afraid he would slobber everywhere. Many in court laughed. PF did not.
- Dog at ranch... showed interest in the hay bales. Sat which indicated a hit at the bottom of the hay bales. Saw stains at top of hay bales. So they went up their with a John Deere tractor. The hay is indented - discolored, brown, looked wet. Radar indicated that on top of the bale as well. Notes say that PF watched the video of this in court intently.
- Cross examination - they cannot confirm that it was definitely a decomposing body. The handler said he had never asked the canine to search hay before.
- Bloodhound named Lucy also trained to search for decomposing bodies. Handler's name is Eberly (?). Lucy is trained. When Lucy detects a hit, she will lay down at the source. Also certified as an expert by the judge. She went to KB's home. Ran around KB's driveway to search for decomposing body or scent of decomposition. Ties in with what KK said about where she put the trash bags after cleaning KB's property. Near KB's Toyota Corolla. Lucy too has never given a false positive. In training, she does miss some things. But 90-95% accurate.
- Lucy was asked to search interior of home. Gave indication of pair of underwear upstairs. Eberly had not known then that the home had been bleached. Lucy did not indicate anything in living room, baby gates, etc. The dogs did not pick up on all the blood that KK said was there.
- Jury asked a few questions. The handlers don't remember smelling bleach in the room. The dogs have never done any training with bleach because that would be harmful to the dogs, would not want to expose them to bleach in training.
- Defense asked if they were given any indication why they would have dogs there and handlers said that the dogs were there to look for any decomposing scent.

- Senior director of security of KK's hospital, noting that KK's ID badge did access the building on November 21 and 23. She was excused without ANY cross examination. (My note: so the defense did not even try to argue that KK wasn't in the work building those days......)

- KK's father recalls going to Chad and KK's home. KK was there the whole time, aside from being gone for like an hour to deal with cows. Saw KK the next evening, just prior to her leaving to Colorado. Did not know PF. KK had spoken about him. Didn't think he liked what he was hearing. KK was the easiest of his children to raise. She likes people and she likes people to like her. Been a nurse for 4 or 5 years. She would go visit her mother in Colorado.

Last edited:
JUSTICE FOR KELSEY!

I need to say that before I go to bed, I feel so bad for her family & for her. I’m praying that PF will never spend another moment after this trial without bars in his ugly vapid face.
I just wish that the jerk would plead guilty and stop torturing her loves ones and friends any longer.

I agree, Justice for Kelsey.

What bothers me most about kk is her statements to the effect of 'Kelsey's family shouldn't have to see the bloody crime scene, so that's why she cleaned it so well, but they deserved to know what happened,so she deliberately left a few spots of blood.'

Where was all this compassion for Kelsey's family before kk's 'best friend' murdered her?

Here's the part that I don't get...WHY bother going and giving KB the drink, if she wasn't going to add the poison? What was the point of going and talking to her, at all?

Did they cross examine her on that issue?

I know, I feel like KK would have tried to give her a tainted drink.

Regarding cross examination, in Sam's fb video that night, he said the defense pointed out that it was KK who felt the need to "build a rapport with Kelsey." Here is also an article I found regarding the cross examination:

Key Witness In Patrick Frazee Murder Trial, Krystal Lee, Said She Didn't Kill Kelsey Berreth

One instance of that, the defense attorney claimed, was when she delivered a Starbucks to Kelsey Berreth that Frazee wanted to be poisoned. Lee did not taint the drink, but delivered it and tried to establish a rapport with Berreth.

“You didn’t tell her the plan to poison her?” Steigerwald asked.

Lee acknowledged she did not, nor did she go to Woodland Park police or any authorities. In fact, she did not talk to anyone but Frazee until after Berreth was already dead.

For what it's worth, this article says Ambien and Vicodin which makes more sense to me than Valium in terms of being a dangerous drug combination:

Krystal Lee recounts Kelsey Berreth's alleged last words and her complicated relationship with the murder suspect

Lee said she never put Ambien or Vicodin in Berreth’s coffee like Frazee had asked, and that the next day, he called her and asked why she was still alive. At the end of the conversation, Lee alleged that Frazee told her she had another chance.

(eta: the actual arrest warrant does say valium so who knows!)

Last edited:
What bothers me most about kk is her statements to the effect of 'Kelsey's family shouldn't have to see the bloody crime scene, so that's why she cleaned it so well, but they deserved to know what happened,so she deliberately left a few spots of blood.'

Where was all this compassion for Kelsey's family before kk's 'best friend' murdered her?
She's just a fake and a liar. moo

I would like to hear what PF's demeanor was when he joined his family on Thanksgiving. Has this already been asked and answered?
Apparently he was outside doing chores most of the time. He fixed dinner for himself and the baby in the kitchen so it sounds like he didn't interact with the rest of the family very much.

Imo

BBM:

Since KB mentioned this incident to a co-worker, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she had mentioned it to to PF, too, but we'll never know whether she did or not, because of course, he won't be admitting it.

KB definitely registered that encounter as being strange.
There was no reason for KB to have tied that bizarre encounter with KK to PF, though, so she wouldn't have had any reason to question him about it. She probably just thought it was some weirdo with no boundaries that moved into the neighborhood.

Yep, I think it's very possible that she mentioned that incident to PF.
If so, it sure would have been interesting to see how he reacted when KB brought it up with him.

JMO.

There is only one thing that I cAn think of, that might have made her connect PF too the coffee incident. And that is only if KK did actually bring her a Carmel macchiotto and if it was her fave drink.

How many people knew what drink she always ordered at SB? I would think she might be suspicious of PF, as who else in that area knew what she liked to drink?

But do we know if KK actually gave her her favourite drink ? Because that would really freak me out. How would some strange 'neighbour' know what I ordered at Starbuck? :eek:

I have known too many women who stuck it out, tried to hush it up, cover it up, explain it away, yet still were screamed at, verbally abused until their self worth was tattered. At that point they start the day with "What do you want to do today, honey?", and find themselves apologizing when the verbal altercation is not their fault just to make it go away. Easy for me to say, but once that behavior starts it has to be nipped in the bud. Treat me with respect or get the hell out. These abusers have a sixth sense in knowing who will not verbally fight back in front of others. And that is their strength. Bullying in public when the bullied woman can't fight back. Keeping her in her place. Poor Kelsey, meeting a person like that creep.

And that is why I said that Kelsey must have had low esteem. Nobody with high self esteem puts up with that s**t. One can be empathetic (as was brought up earlier in response to what I'd said) and still not put with bad treatment. I've been there. I'm very compassionate but that isn't why I allowed myself to be mistreated. It was low self esteem and being conditioned by previous life experience. Because of that (not loving ourselves enough), we get into situations where we don't see the way out (even while knowing better, I might add).

If KK will be back with her ex, than I can't find a word to describe him. I want to hope it won't happen and he will get a custody of their kids. She is an evil person same as PF, that is why he never doubted in her her and made her do what she did - he knew she will not betray him - she is not capable of normal human feelings ...

What is hard to me to understand is that sweet soul Kelsey's sad last years of life and horrific death...how PF could take control of her feelings so completely...Kb is educated, pretty , sweet, with loving family and friends who adored her... To uproot herself for some fishy internet cowboy ( romantic in the beginning and I can understand)... but right after her move - she saw nothing from him but disrespect, ,abuse, coldness, violence, deceit. He is a hillbilly with no money who lives with Mama at 30 yo, shows 0 intentions to commit and even after her pregnancy, still zero intentions to commit or even move in together, allows her relatives to harass and belittle her ( even while being pregnant), cruel to animals ( that alone would make me turn on my heels and walk away)...and she still there for him 100 percent...
I am thinking that sweet CB probably went thousand of times in her head over the situations and pains that she would love to intervene, save her daughter, help her understand what really is going on....I know I would...
Women who read KB story - you cannot change evil. No amount of kindness or empathy will help, it is just not their realm. All you can do is walk away asap...

This story is different from Shannan Watts...Chris showed zero violence, he really was not a bad husband and father, until he wasn't. PF showed his true colors from day one...

As to the bolded, I totally agree. I hope it doesn't happen. I have to doubt her mothering skills, if she could actually ponder the possibility of killing another young mother, THREE TIMES, And then assist some other monster in carrying out the murder.

IMO, this horrible deed is going to tear the children apart emotionally, and they need to be living in a safe, protected environment while they try to get over this shocking trauma.

I doubt that her ex would take her back, after hearing all this horror she took part in. I hope not anyway.

There is only one thing that I cAn think of, that might have made her connect PF too the coffee incident. And that is only if KK did actually bring her a Carmel macchiotto and if it was her fave drink.

How many people knew what drink she always ordered at SB? I would think she might be suspicious of PF, as who else in that area knew what she liked to drink?

But do we know if KK actually gave her her favourite drink ? Because that would really freak me out. How would some strange 'neighbour' know what I ordered at Starbuck? :eek:
Yes, she did get her favorite drink, which is why I've always wondered if she made the connection and was suspicious. Her other favorite drink was a chai latte, which she had during the holiday season.
She must have thought it was very strange since I would think not many others would know what kind of coffee she liked.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members