CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes people are aligned with the defense in pretty much any case. They don't have to know the parties involved. Why that's a thing, I don't know.

I sure agree with the commitment to presumption of innocence and due process (which he is getting) but there's obviously more than that at play. If the poster had said, "yeah, I know Patrick and don't believe he'd do this" or "I know Krystal and hate her her guts because she's a manipulative liar", that would, at least, explain it to a degree. As it is, I never received an answer to that question (though I'm a few pages behind) so can only wonder why the poster thinks this way and I'd REALLY like to know.

I agree with you. One bombshell after another. KB's "last words" threw me right over the edge...and into the toilet... I had been silently hoping Friday would have been a quieter kinda testimony day. Not so....
We want all the Bombshells KN can get, but it can be very emotional.....
It is hard. Her last words- Please stop- heartbreaking. Broke my heart into a million pieces.

In some ways, I am glad we can't watch this trial on TV. I think I would have completely lost it, hearing Kelsey's father break down.

While the sidekick on the stand tells the court about Kelsey's last minutes alive on earth. This just isn't right.

Yes, that's what doesn't make sense.
You would need a lot of ambian, or even valium, to actually be assured that it will kill someone.
So much that there is probably no way the person would not be able to taste it.

Imo

Yes, it's such a ridiculous story, for so many reasons.

1. No sane adult is going to ingest something that some weirdo comes to their door with.
2. If you're going to kill someone with an ingested drug, it would have to tasteless and something that would only require a small quantity, like Fentanyl. PF probably could pulled that off but he likes violent assault.

Here's the part that I don't get...WHY bother going and giving KB the drink, if she wasn't going to add the poison? What was the point of going and talking to her, at all?

Did they cross examine her on that issue?
I think she's lying to cover her butt, as she would be up for attempted murder, no?

I think she poisoned the coffee. Kelsey was smart and dumped it, in my opinion. Which one of us would drink something from a stranger, who just so happened to bring your favorite coffee to your door, with a flat out lie about helping her dog?

Hey folks, cut the profanity or asterisks and cute little acronyms used to circumvent WS profanity filters. Use of profanity is absolutely unnecessary to mature discussion and is not tolerated at Websleuths. We get really tired of trying to edit out the little shock-value expressions, so if your entire post bites the dust or you find you cannot post, that could be the reason.

Just Stop It

Thank You

As to the bolded, I totally agree. I hope it doesn't happen. I have to doubt her mothering skills, if she could actually ponder the possibility of killing another young mother, THREE TIMES, And then assist some other monster in carrying out the murder.

IMO, this horrible deed is going to tear the children apart emotionally, and they need to be living in a safe, protected environment while they try to get over this shocking trauma.

I doubt that her ex would take her back, after hearing all this horror she took part in. I hope not anyway.
And to add, she believes PF threatened to harm her children and she did nothing. This is not the reaction of a loving, nurturing, protective mother.

Yes, she did get her favorite drink, which is why I've always wondered if she made the connection and was suspicious. Her other favorite drink was a chai latte, which she had during the holiday season.
She must have thought it was very strange since I would think not many others would know what kind of coffee she liked.

Imo
Did KB know KK brought her favorite coffee or could KK have just presented a cup coffee hoping KB would take one sip, like it since it's her favorite, and drink the whole thing?
ETA...I think she did drug/poison the coffee and KB had none of it. jmo

What bothers me most about kk is her statements to the effect of 'Kelsey's family shouldn't have to see the bloody crime scene, so that's why she cleaned it so well, but they deserved to know what happened,so she deliberately left a few spots of blood.'

Where was all this compassion for Kelsey's family before kk's 'best friend' murdered her?
She could have called LE and the Berreth's wouldn't have had to see it. Instead, the poor mother and brother stayed in the condo for one night, not knowing Kelsey was killed there. How's that for compassion?

I know, I feel like KK would have tried to give her a tainted drink.

Regarding cross examination, in Sam's fb video that night, he said the defense pointed out that it was KK who felt the need to "build a rapport with Kelsey." Here is also an article I found regarding the cross examination:

Key Witness In Patrick Frazee Murder Trial, Krystal Lee, Said She Didn't Kill Kelsey Berreth

One instance of that, the defense attorney claimed, was when she delivered a Starbucks to Kelsey Berreth that Frazee wanted to be poisoned. Lee did not taint the drink, but delivered it and tried to establish a rapport with Berreth.

“You didn’t tell her the plan to poison her?” Steigerwald asked.

Lee acknowledged she did not, nor did she go to Woodland Park police or any authorities. In fact, she did not talk to anyone but Frazee until after Berreth was already dead.

For what it's worth, this article says Ambien and Vicodin which makes more sense to me than Valium in terms of being a dangerous drug combination:

Krystal Lee recounts Kelsey Berreth's alleged last words and her complicated relationship with the murder suspect

Lee said she never put Ambien or Vicodin in Berreth’s coffee like Frazee had asked, and that the next day, he called her and asked why she was still alive. At the end of the conversation, Lee alleged that Frazee told her she had another chance.

(eta: the actual arrest warrant does say valium so who knows!)

Right. The proof would have been if Kelsey had drank it and was deceased shortly after. She didn't drink it, she lived.

There's no proof to show Krystal is telling the truth here, and on this, I don't believe her.

BBM:

To clarify my position re: KK.
I don't want to, nor have I, "excused" KK.
I've been expressly clear in my condemnation of KK's actions and inactions r/t KB's murder.

I've made literally dozens of posts in the past blasting KK for her reprehensible actions.
I've stated repeatedly that she's a vile human being.
I have never made excuses for KK, because what she did (and didn't do) is inexcusable.

Having said that, my focus right now is entirely on PF, and when I say entirely, I mean, 100% of my focus is on PF.

The minute that sweetie beauty of a deal with KK was inked, it made no sense to me to dwell on her role and/or her culpability, because quite frankly, in practical terms, it doesn't matter what I think of her. In practical terms, it doesn't matter what any of us think of her, or believe about her, or what punishment we wish she would receive.

A deal's a deal....
And it's a done deal.

It's really just about being pragmatical.
The person who murdered KB with a baseball bat needs to be brought to justice.
PF needs to be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

KK is a side piece in every sense of the word.
Since she gave her testimony, I haven't given KK a second thought.
I don't care about KK.
But the fact that I don't choose to focus on KK, and that I don't care about her at this point, in no way means I or others who choose not to expend our energies on thinking about or talking about the side piece, excuse her.

Again, to be clear: Nobody here excuses KK.

JMO.

Yes I’m not sure how following the evidence keeps getting confused with excusing KK or defending her. She’s clearly a conspirator or accessory who struck a deal with LE so the one who actually wielded the bat and thought up the plan would get caught.

That’s not an uncommon outcome in criminal cases where more than one person is involved. Someone steps forward to make a deal who had a lesser role. State or Feds make the deal in order to catch the bigger, more culpable fish.

KK knew he wanted KB dead. It is of course possible that she didn’t know he was going to do it on that particular date. But she knew he had done it before and was up to her eyeballs trying to cover for him when he murdered KB.

Believing that what she’s testifying to is mostly accurate as it can be corroborated by the evidence does not excuse her malignancy. It’s just basic logic.

You know what? Everybody knows that! To me, pf needed a woman's support for everything he's ever done, and this is no exception.

You can excuse her all you want. As can the law. But I won't.
I don't think anyone is 'excusing' her. I think the general consensus is that she is a worthless .

However, the priority in my mind is rescuing the young child from that hellish Franch. The child was in the custody of the Frazee family. :eek:

I think the Plea Deal was a necessity, even though it stunk, because of the child's safety and well being.

The Frazee Family was submitting various emergency court orders for custody of the child. The DA needed to be pro-active to keep the child out of harm's way.

I just don't see any point in focusing on her more than the murderer. These trials went on all the time with the mob, one gangster who was equally as bad as the target gangster turned snitch. I'm not minimizing what she did, but if what she turned over to le is the truth, and it puts pf in a cell right by watts, that's ok with me. I don't want him to ever have influence over that baby. That right there is enough to focus on him.

Yes. I mean the independent evidence is super strong but the state is usually very cautious with prosecuting no body cases. If they didn’t offer a deal PF would likely still be free and Kesley’s family would not be allowed near her baby. They could possibly have charged KK with tampering though. Without her words they didn’t have evidence of anything stronger on her.

So PF remains free, the baby stays with him and his mother and isn’t able to see the Berreths and the only charger is KK with something minor. That would be the result. And yet wanting more is deemed to be excusing KK.

And that is why I said that Kelsey must have had low esteem. Nobody with high self esteem puts up with that s**t. One can be empathetic (as was brought up earlier in response to what I'd said) and still not put with bad treatment. I've been there. I'm very compassionate but that isn't why I allowed myself to be mistreated. It was low self esteem and being conditioned by previous life experience. Because of that (not loving ourselves enough), we get into situations where we don't see the way out (even while knowing better, I might add).
I don't know about low self esteem. I think she may have been afraid to say she made a mistake. For the baby's sake, she tried to make it work. Thankfully she had a good job and wasn't dependent on Patrick, like he wanted her to be. I think if they didn't have a baby together, Kelsey would have got the heck out of dodge and never looked back.

I think he had her tricked into thinking he truly loved her in the beginning. She really did seem to walk into this blind- that's why I asked how many times did she actually meet him in person, before she moved out there. We know that they met online somehow, but it seemed like a pretty quick and fast move, after only meeting a couple of times. He obviously charmed her online enough for her to think he was of good character. What she didn't know was that he was seeing Krystal on the side. Nice guy, not!

Even when you date someone for a few years, they can change pretty quick after walking down that aisle, especially if you have children together. Look at the Watts case and many others like them. Thankfully, Patrick didn't harm their daughter that day, and thankfully, she is with Kelsey's family, where she belongs- far away from that monster.

KK knew he wanted KB dead. It is of course possible that she didn’t know he was going to do it on that particular date. But she knew he had done it before and was up to her eyeballs trying to cover for him when he murdered KB.
rsbbm
Im not sure what you mean here. She knew he had done what before?
She’s clearly a conspirator or accessory who struck a deal with LE so the one who actually wielded the bat and thought up the plan would get caught.

That’s not an uncommon outcome in criminal cases where more than one person is involved. Someone steps forward to make a deal who had a lesser role. State or Feds make the deal in order to catch the bigger, more culpable fish.

I think most of us know that, but does that mean we shouldn't be discussing our disappointment with the plea agreement? I fail to see how it disrupts the forum, or interferes with any other discussion regarding any aspect of this trial.

Here's the part that I don't get...WHY bother going and giving KB the drink, if she wasn't going to add the poison? What was the point of going and talking to her, at all?

Did they cross examine her on that issue?

KK had never seen or met KB and she needed to check out her competition (in her eyes).

That vile women went so far as to involve animals and children along with coffee here.

KK delivered the coffee saying she understood that KB located her lost dog. KB wasn't buying it and flat out told KK it wasn't her. Then KK tried to set a play date with baby K and her kid. KK testified that KB was stand-offish and KK kept trying to engage her.

All the while KK's Aunt was waiting in the car outside the alley. I previously thought that maybe having somebody along gave KK the courage she needed to go to KB's door but we know that's not true!

MOO

Last edited:
snipped for focus- Very interesting, that her mother lives in Colorado. Yet, she told others she was at a birthday party and obviously didn't visit with her Mom on that trip.

Something has always bothered me about Krystal's talk of being afraid of Patrick, that he had "people watching her" BS- did it ever occur to her that Patrick could have had a second set of keys to Kelsey's condo, and that maybe, he just might be waiting for her with a baseball bat?

She willingly drove down to clean up his mess, she was allegedly afraid of him and his people watching her, but it never occurred to her that someone just might do the same to her, too? She was all alone in that condo, cleaning.

It just puzzles me that this never occurred to her, especially where she told her friend that she thought it was possible that he has murdered before. What would make her think she would be safe from him, all alone?

Because who would clean up the mess caused when she herself was killed?

Regardless I think she probably has had moments of fear. But mostly she deluded herself that she’s the prize pig and the one PF wants. So she probably felt a level of delusional security from that.

KK had never seen or met KB and she needed to check out her competition.

That vile women went so far as to involve animals and children along with coffee here.

KK delivered the coffee saying she understood that KB located her lost dog. KB wasn't buying it and flat out told KK it wasn't her. Then KK tried to set a play date with baby K and her kid. KK testified that KB was stand-offish and KK kept trying to engage her.

All the while KK's Aunt was waiting in the car outside the alley. I previously thought that maybe having somebody along gave KK the courage she needed to go to KB's door but we know that's not true!

MOO

Super creepy. I’m very glad all of this is coming out about her. From her own mouth. I hope it ruins her life. I’m sorry if that’s bad but there have to be consequences for such criminal conduct.

Speaking of, has anyone sleuthed her to see whether she has court involvement in Idaho of any kind? Like the kind to get her kids away from her?

And to add, she believes PF threatened to harm her children and she did nothing. This is not the reaction of a loving, nurturing, protective mother.
I know. Most times, that would bring out the Mamma Bear in a mother. Threaten her children- watch out, buster! She certainly wasn't too concerned about something happening to one of her children at a playground, while she was making numerous trips to Colorado to see Patrick or attempt to kill Kelsey, now was she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam