The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for caring. (((Hugs))) Some of our Aussies are having some difficult times loosing their pets, farm animals and houses. I’ve been listening to the live scanner and there’s some heartbreaking stories. We are in drought and it appears the northern hemisphere has our water right now so if we could ask for some it it back please and that might help you with your hurricans and floods. ;)
Most of the fires are up the east coast of Aust, I’m just out of Sydney.

Oh my word, if we could give you some rain we definitely would! Stay safe xx

As the US looks at Veteran’s Day and we looked at the Day of Remembrance, if anyone has the stomach for it, here is a story about what people are honoring and remembering.

Opinion | What It’s Really Like to Fight a War

Unfortunately the NYT does not allow access to the full story.

Moreover, WWI and WWII were fought on the homeland in Europe.

One only has to look at the images of London after WWII.

The loss is unimaginable.

We’ve managed a fairly protected shores in wartime here in the USA.

Why? We desimated Japan.

And so it began, the arms race.

Oh I look forward to a cuppa and this documentary. TY for posting it Gardenista!

A cuppa, you say? You get more English by the day! :D

Hope it’s not Boodles. My favorite gin & tonic.

And you Elley, a good English gin! We'll have y'all eating cucumber sandwiches and taking afternoon tea in no time haha

Not my favorite either. Wish, wish, wish she would go for less structured things more often. I guess we all have our own tastes!

However, for a casual look, I think her hair is beautiful here. Natural and elegant.

And, a pet peeve: Could HM loosen up the keys to the vault a little, please? I would love to see some of the younger generation making use of the contents a bit more. I know, she's lent some to the DoCam recently, but they were ginormous "gala"-type jewels, and almost dwarfed Kate. I'm thinking that some of those jewels could be worn, at least in their smaller versions, or some of the smaller pieces, for a quite a few occasions by the DoCam and the DoS.

And: I'd also like to suggest that those two could add some pieces of their own, even parures, using some of the semi-precious stones that are so appreciated today. I'd love to see a piece or two, given for an occasion, then added to later, if needs be. Not necessarily "gala-type" jewels, yet a bit more than the itsy-bitsy, teensy-weensy things we've often seen when they've added things themselves so far (such as the "baby" green amethyst earrings the DoCam wears.) Nice, but something a bit.....more, please!

Some ideas for stones: Citrine, Imperial Topaz, Amethyst, some of the pretty, pastel pearls (even Baroque), Peridot.

Glad to get it all off my chest, finally!

Last edited:
This is something I don't remember. Princess Anne and her then husband Mark Phillips on the Michael Parkinson chat show, and this is a clip where they're describing what happened during a 1974 kidnap attempt on the princess.

Last edited:
with the Queen at her age, they should make spending every holiday with her a priority. That tells me all I need to know about their selfishness IMO.

OTOH, if relations are frosty it might be a welcome sigh of relief?

Her Majesty is an understanding woman I think, and as a Mom herself she may well understand Meghan could be homesick. Even more than Meghan does.

Plus, if Meghan and Harry are going to meet with her Dad, that’s a very sensitive subject... Meghan has issues with her Dad. When things are heavy hearted it might put a damper on everyone else to try and just put a face on for tradition?

I hope they do work on restoring Meghan’s relationship with her Dad. Introduce him to his grandson. He loves her and took care of her growing up. It would do her a world of good.

—But that’s just me knowing what it’s like being a child of divorce, how relationships can veer wildly and how healing forgiveness can be... or at least acknowledgement can be...

Meghan and Harry went on a veering wildly expedition in their documentary. Hopefully this time they need to take will go towards a centering time for them. Because that “stiff upper lip” comment was all about what is unresolved in Meghan, and not British society. —Just my take & Imo.

—But that’s just me knowing what it’s like being a child of divorce, how relationships can veer wildly and how healing forgiveness can be... or at least acknowledgement can be..

Meghan and Harry went on a veering wildly expedition in their documentary. Hopefully this time they need to take will go towards a centering time for them. Because that “stiff upper lip” comment was all about what is unresolved in Meghan, and not British society. —Just my take & Imo.

I think that's a very insightful comment, rosemadderlake.

If only it goes that way towards a PRIVATE visit and PRIVATE reconciliations. However, I fear the lure of celebrity (and the cheap shiny veneer it really is) will affect these two and there will be numerous celebrity appearances, with Oprah, Ellen, Beyonce?, Serena, etc. They will lose an immense amount of credibility if they fail.

with the Queen at her age, they should make spending every holiday with her a priority. That tells me all I need to know about their selfishness IMO.

No, I disagree on that. My Grandmother pulled that guilt trip on us for years. She was over 100 before she died, and every single holiday season was at her house. And she was a "queen", everyone had to be on perfect behavior. Believe me, it was no vacation for me.

I don't pull that on my kids. Holidays are to be enjoyed. Not a command performance.

OTOH, if relations are frosty it might be a welcome sigh of relief?

Her Majesty is an understanding woman I think, and as a Mom herself she may well understand Meghan could be homesick. Even more than Meghan does.

Plus, if Meghan and Harry are going to meet with her Dad, that’s a very sensitive subject... Meghan has issues with her Dad. When things are heavy hearted it might put a damper on everyone else to try and just put a face on for tradition?

I hope they do work on restoring Meghan’s relationship with her Dad. Introduce him to his grandson. He loves her and took care of her growing up. It would do her a world of good.

—But that’s just me knowing what it’s like being a child of divorce, how relationships can veer wildly and how healing forgiveness can be... or at least acknowledgement can be...

Yes, exactly! And now we have fellow Sunshine Sachs client Hillary Clinton parading around here calling us all racists on Meghan's behalf. Of course there are umpleasant individuals everywhere, but on the whole Britain is one of the most tolerant and diverse countries in the world. It breaks my heart that the warm and welcoming British people are being portrayed as racist bullies with sticks up our behinds because these people are trying to gaslight us into liking her.

I can't imagine that it would be acceptable to say such awful things about any other nation or their culture. It's all gone far too far and I hope the Queen is finally putting her foot down. I hope they go to the States for Christmas and stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member