GUILTY UK - Blake, 14 & Tristan Barrass, 13, dead, 4 hospitalized, Sheffield, May 2019 *Arrests*

Miss Melly said: "Visitors to Miss Barrass's house would hear her tell the boys 'I gave you life, I can take it away'.

"Speaking to the boys in that way was described as an everyday thing."

The court heard that the defendants gathered up tablets from around the house on the evening of May 23 and divided them between the four eldest children.

Miss Melly said: "None of the children wanted to take the tablets but were forced to do so.

"The defendants expected the tablets to kill the children overnight."

The court heard that Barrass sent messages and made social media posts overnight claiming that they were suffering from a sickness bug.

But when she realised the tablets had not had the effect she wanted, she began to search for information on the internet about alternative methods of murdering her children, including suffocating, strangulation and drowning.

Barrass called Machin and told him the plan had not worked and he needed to come to the house in the Shiregreen area of Sheffield.

[...]

The defendants then ran a bath and repeatedly tried to drown one of the younger children, but that child survived, the court heard.

The court heard that Barrass strangled Tristan by wrapping her dressing gown cord around his neck and pulling for around three minutes.

Machin strangled Blake with his hands.

Following the murders, and the attempted murder of the younger child, Barrass took the surviving children into her bedroom and eventually called the police.

Teen brothers murdered by their mum were strangled and had bin bags over heads

Oh Jesus Christ. This is awful, it’s actually horrendous. I thought they’d slipped tablets into their food/drink but to make them take them even though they didn’t want to then when it didn’t work strangling them and tying plastic bags around their heads :mad: sick sick sick ********!!!
Whole life order please, especially for Barrass. The terror those kids must have felt is unimaginable. And the lasting affect on them for the rest of their lives. Knowing their mum wanted them all dead. I’m sorry but shame on the judge if these monsters don’t get life. Meaning actual life not a measly 15 or so years! Those boys should have lived another 60 years at least so keep her locked up for the rest of her days!

Sarah Marshall

@SarahMarshallJP

·
2m

In a victim impact statement, the child almost killed in the bath has described how both defendants tried to drown them and how they had to ‘fight them off’. The child doesn’t like ‘baths anymore’ and thinks they (Barrass and Machin) ‘should be in prison for 300 years’.

Christ. These poor poor children. This is all so sickening

There’s no mitigating evil. She coldly and callously premeditated this, she can’t even claim that she ‘snapped’ I’m sure a life in care would’ve been better than them dead or having to live with this disgusting specimen of a ‘mother’. No mitigation will make me feel any sympathy towards her. If you’ve had a terrible life then you strive to make yours and your childrens’ lives better than what you experienced growing up.
Murderers! The both of them! But extra shame on Barrass, the one person who was meant to protect and love her children, stole their lives in such an evil way and for what? What good ever comes from killing children?!

Telling myself 'he's just doing his job'.

Sarah Marshall

@SarahMarshallJP

·
59s

Mr Cox describes a whole life term (something that only 75 people in the UK are currently serving) as ‘the most draconian of disposals’. He adds that it is not an ‘exceptionally serious’ case within the context of the necessary criteria for imposing such a sentence.

Telling myself 'he's just doing his job'.

Sarah Marshall

@SarahMarshallJP

·
59s

Mr Cox describes a whole life term (something that only 75 people in the UK are currently serving) as ‘the most draconian of disposals’. He adds that it is not an ‘exceptionally serious’ case within the context of the necessary criteria for imposing such a sentence.

Maybe but I'm also thinking he should be ashamed of himself

Wow is this guy for real! No money in the world or job would allow me to defend these pieces of *advertiser censored*!! Those poor kids, made to take tablets probably told their lives would end that night and then waking up happy they’d survived to then die anyway, what the actual

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back