FL FL - Emma Vaughn, 14, Orlando, 10 July 1982

A newspaper article from Feb. 21, 1984. Note, in the event that any information contradicts other information, it doesn't necessarily mean the newspaper source has the facts correct. However, there's a bit of a blurry pic. I thought it might help. This clipping says that she was last seen July 1st, 1982. I think other posts say July 10th. She had an alias of Christine. The source for the clipping was The Palm Beach Post.

Attachments

• Emma Lorene Vaughn.JPG
    Emma Lorene Vaughn.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 22
Emma Lorene Vaughn
  • vaughn_emma.jpg
  • emma_lorene_vaughn_2.jpg
  • emma_lorene_vaughn_3.jpg
  • vaughn_emma_ap.jpg
Emma, circa 1982; Age-progression to age 50 (circa 2017)
  • Missing Since 07/10/1982
  • Missing From Orlando, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 11/10/1967 (52)
  • Age 14 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 114 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A light purple sleeveless shirt, jeans and sandals.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Emma's upper left front tooth was chipped at the time of her disappearance. She has had extensive dental work. She has a scar on her chin, a scar under her left eye, a scar on her eyebrow and a strawberry birthmark on the front of her right calf. Emma tended to bite her fingernails and toenails in 1982. She may use the first name Christine.
Details of Disappearance

Emma was last seen walking down Robinson Street in Orlando, Florida on July 10, 1982. She lived in Orlando with her mother, stepfather and siblings. She may have been sighted in the area shortly afterwards, but that report was not confirmed. Emma has never been heard from again.

She had a history as a runaway prior to her disappearance, but had always kept in touch with her family. Emma frequented the South Orange Blossom Trail and South Street areas of Orlando in 1982. She had an infant son and was not attending school.

Some reports state Emma may be in the company of her Rhonda Cannon, the 18-year-old daughter of her father's live-in girlfriend. Cannon eventually returned home, however, and stated she and Emma had become separated.

Emma was last seen in the company of labor pool workers and may have traveled to Tennessee after her disappearance; rumors placed her in that state in the company of a gas station attendant. She had also associated with prostitutes and exotic dancers, although her family denies reports that Emma was herself a prostitute or a dancer.

Emma's family moved to Marianna, Florida a few months after her disappearance, and now they reside in Missouri. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
  • Orlando Police Department 407-246-2414
Source Information

Emma is not listed as a rule-out for El Dorado Jane Doe despite being named as a possible match going back at least a decade. Does anyone know if she has been ruled out? Her DNA is in CODIS so I can't see why she hasn't been ruled out in all of these years.

Three years later and Emma is still not listed as a rule-out for El Dorado Jane Doe. The looks match up aside from the height, but if that is a factor why is Leigh Occhi listed as a rule-out when she was 13, under 5 feet and weighed 95 lbs when she went missing while Emma was 14 and 5'3"? I'm just wondering in a case with so many rule-outs why Emma isn't one of them?

The south trail was the roughest part of town. I was Down there last week, its still a bad area. Its so sad that circumstances brought her to this at such a young age.

Last edited:
Both the newspaper articles referenced (posts #44 & #45) above, state that she was in the company of her "1/2 sister" Rhonda. Both articles also state that they may be in Orlando or Tennessee. It almost sounds like they were together, wherever they were.
When Rhonda returned home, where was she returning from and when? How long had she been gone?
Did she state exactly where or when she and "Christine" were separated? In Orlando, or in TN?

How did "Christine" feel about being a mother? Did she want to keep her son or was she forced to? Is the baby's father a boyfriend at the time and was he in the picture at the time?

It's been a good bit of time since I read the details on Emma.

Can anyone say anything about her half-sister? Has she been located? Has she recently been interviewed about Emma?

Also, it seems that not much is known for sure about Emma's time in Orlando. Where was she staying? Was she staying in a motel or an apartment? Was she living with her half-sister or with someone else?

I work at a high school a few blocks from Orange Blossom Trail. Yes, there are strip clubs, and there is prostitution. But that area has changed considerably since 1982. At that time, it was a much nicer area. I have access to old yearbooks from the school. So I may flip through a few to see if I can find anyone who might be Emma.

By the way, her last known location is listed as Robinson. And that's not really in the same area as OBT. Robinson is more downtown.

Bumping Emma's thread up. She went missing 40 years ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back