CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
5244.gif

Day 7 of the Trial

Roll Call!

Who's Here for Kelsey?
I'm here but only briefly. :( (Traveling the next two days)

#JusticeforKelsey

P.S. I won't be able to copy everything to the media thread so, pretty please...

CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Vicente Arenas on Twitter (Video)
Frazee Trial Update: older friend of Patrick Frazee expected to continue testifying today. On Friday he cried during testimony saying he couldn’t believe he would do such a thing and said Frazee had said he wanted to kill #kelseyberreth. ⁦@KDVR⁩ ⁦@channel2kwgn
7:21 AM - 12 Nov 2019 from Teller County Courthouse

Lance Benzel on Twitter
DAY 7: What about the tooth? After last week’s explosive testimony at the #PatrickFrazee trial, we’ll be listening for #DNA and blood test results. #KelseyBerreth
7:25 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Follow me today for continuing updates at the #PatrickFrazee trial today and tomorrow. Big hat tip to @JakobRodgers, who should rest. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
7:29 AM - 12 Nov 2019

https://nypost.com/2019/11/11/no-body-no-crime-fiance-said-before-kelsey-berreth-vanished-testimony/

SABBM:

There were signs the pair’s relationship was rocky.

Around November 2016, Frazee railed at Berreth because she was trying to help him move calves at a ranch but didn’t know how to handle the cows, Moore said.

“He berated her horribly,” Moore told the court. “He yelled at her, cussed at her, just terribly.”

Frazee also told him he didn’t know Berreth was pregnant until the day she gave birth, Moore said.

It wasn’t long after that Frazee brought up murder and made other alarming statements, including how he’d hired people to spy or watch Berreth because he planned on suing her for custody of their daughter, according to Moore.

Also on Friday, investigators revealed they found a partial human tooth in dirt at Frazee’s ranch, where he’s accused of burning Berreth’s body, the Colorado Gazette reported.

For those who've tried to argue that there was no history of abuse in their relationship, it's becoming pretty clear that PF didn't go from being Prince Charming to Bat-Wielding Monster overnight.

There's a pretty clear pattern of PF being abusive to women that's being established.
The reason PF is abusive to women is of course that he has no respect for women.

PF hates women.
So there's that.

He's also a murdering murderer who murders.
So there's that, too.

JMO.

Last edited:
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Today marks Day 7 on the Patrick Frazee murder trial. I’ll share updates on breaks & around lunch. I’m also planning on a Facebook live around 8:30 p.m. MT. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney @KOAA
EJLk18YUEAEZ9Wp.jpg

7:59 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Elise Schmelzer on Twitter
Back in Cripple Creek today for murder trial of #PatrickFrazee. Now on our 3rd week of trial in the high-profile case connected the disappearance of #KelseyBerreth. We ended last week’s proceedings with very interesting testimony from Frazee’s good friend: Prosecutors attempt to corroborate witness in Patrick Frazee trial
8:11 AM - 12 Nov 2019

I wonder if her aunt that went on the poison ride is on the witless list.
MOO

The "Witless List"

HaHa! That's so perfect. Love it!

Too bad it's not an actual Witless List, because if it were, the state would definitely call PF as their Star Witless.

He's so dumb, he'd take the stand.

JMO.

Last edited:
Vicente Arenas on Twitter (Video)
Frazee Trial Update: older friend of Patrick Frazee expected to continue testifying today. On Friday he cried during testimony saying he couldn’t believe he would do such a thing and said Frazee had said he wanted to kill #kelseyberreth. ⁦@KDVR⁩ ⁦@channel2kwgn
7:21 AM - 12 Nov 2019 from Teller County Courthouse

Lance Benzel on Twitter
DAY 7: What about the tooth? After last week’s explosive testimony at the #PatrickFrazee trial, we’ll be listening for #DNA and blood test results. #KelseyBerreth
7:25 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Follow me today for continuing updates at the #PatrickFrazee trial today and tomorrow. Big hat tip to @JakobRodgers, who should rest. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
7:29 AM - 12 Nov 2019

A big thank you in advance for providing these tweets for us.

ETA: @PommyMommy I see you may not be able to - who else is around to keep the media thread updated? I don't want to duplicate efforts -

When did Joe Moore call police
After call in February he called PF's atty (a poster reminded him he also called police, and Sam said he was working off others notes)
^^SBM

After PF's jailhouse recorded call (PF inquired about "anybody messing at the Red Barn" and JM responded "no"), he called PF's public defender.

*JM also said that he went to Nash ranch to look around.

*A poster reminder Sam JM also contact LE and had been working with them since December 2018.

* not included in o/p summary of Sam's live video 11/11/19.

Last edited:
BBM:

To clarify my position re: KK.
I don't want to, nor have I, "excused" KK.
I've been expressly clear in my condemnation of KK's actions and inactions r/t KB's murder.

I've made literally dozens of posts in the past blasting KK for her reprehensible actions.
I've stated repeatedly that she's a vile human being.
I have never made excuses for KK, because what she did (and didn't do) is inexcusable.

Having said that, my focus right now is entirely on PF, and when I say entirely, I mean, 100% of my focus is on PF.

The minute that sweetie beauty of a deal with KK was inked, it made no sense to me to dwell on her role and/or her culpability, because quite frankly, in practical terms, it doesn't matter what I think of her. In practical terms, it doesn't matter what any of us think of her, or believe about her, or what punishment we wish she would receive.

A deal's a deal....
And it's a done deal.

It's really just about being pragmatical.
The person who murdered KB with a baseball bat needs to be brought to justice.
PF needs to be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

KK is a side piece in every sense of the word.
Since she gave her testimony, I haven't given KK a second thought.
I don't care about KK.
But the fact that I don't choose to focus on KK, and that I don't care about her at this point, in no way means I or others who choose not to expend our energies on thinking about or talking about the side piece, excuse her.

Again, to be clear: Nobody here excuses KK.

JMO.
Haha Side piece that measures her up perfectly. Ever the tool for an end to a means. It's poetic isn't it. Knowing she's taking down her (puke) dream man. Knowing that as soon as Kelsey opened her door for that faux coffee,that she would never in a million years measure up to The beauty,smarts,and grace of Kelsey.
MOO

I'm curious if when they dug up the burn site - if any of that plastic contained fragments of bones/hair/etc. that melted into it? Of course, we also haven't heard the results of any testing of the hay where the tote rested IIRC.

should be a busy week on the forensics IMO.
Won't be pleasant for her family

Sam's video notes...
- photographer during the search testified... recalled seeing ornament in a box at PF's property. The box was addressed to KB's house. Ornament for KB's daughter from KB's brother. The box that Cheryl told PF to pick up and he had a friend pick up instead.
- That the Franch was NOT safe for a small child.. chemical on the ground throughout the property.
- Looking at the fire/burn area... some appeared wet. The consistency was that of oil or kind of a mushy clay. Was difficult to sift, kind of a mushy mess. Also found a partial tooth. Asked if it was significant, she said, yes, it was a tooth at a site where we believed a body had been burned. (Paraphrased...I'm typing in real time and can't go back...)
- Special agent Charles DeFrance...we've heard from him before... asked him about the burn pit... he said it looked very burnt... smelled like burnt plastic.. he was part of the search of KB's town home on the 19th... the days leading up to PF's arrest... KK had not presented information yet. Used Blue Star... essentially luminal in the bathroom but did not work out great. Did not know at the time it was a murder scene. Or that a clean up had taken place. Could not tell on the 19th that there had been a major clean up. Knew on the 21st it was a crime scene and to look for a clean up.
- Special Agent Ashley something...also with the evidence response team... she was team leader for search of the Franch and vehicle. Saw accelerants on the property. Said they did not find a bat or a baton when searching his pickup. Not sure which one. She used to be a CPA. Found financial records, receipts. Significant on the 21st but not on the 14th. Full of receipts and receipts confirmed he shopped at Conoco.
- The 49ers are making me crazy. Missed the next part, sorry.
- Okay back to fire pit area, the dirt used to cover it up is discolored, different.
- KK pointed out the burn area. Used a pick axe. Figured out the perimeter of the burn area. Used hand tools, materials - found crusty plastic from the tote that was burned. Noticed different smells during this time that indicated burned plastic.
- Photos showed burned materials from the crusty plastic.
- Basically KK showed them the area that helped them know where to sift through and they found all this burned plastic. Burn area about 5 feet wide, 8 feet long.
- Also when they found the tooth.
SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must not watch any forensics shows,or read much about what that field of science is capable of.
What other way besides DNA would they be able to identify whose tooth it is?
Without the rest of the tooth or without even knowing which tooth it was how could they tell from dental records?

I don't think she was trusting. Either her brother or his husband said she was guarded or reserved (something to that effect) around people she didn't know. We really don't know much about Kelsey other than stuff like responsible, good daughter, good mommy, good friend, sweet, etc. Somewhere I read on here that Kelsey's reply to KK regarding dogs was "I don't know what you're talking about". I think that came from KK. Any sane person would be like "WTF" if some stranger came offering something to ingest. I'd be on guard for weeks, too, and would have been hostile to such a stranger bearing my favorite Starbucks drink.

On that deal with KK asking for a "play date" (hate that term), did KK call Kelsey and ask that? I recall KK claiming she gave Kelsey her burner phone number and a fake name so, if she called Kelsey, that means she asked Kelsey for her phone and Kelsey gave it to her? That makes no sense. Wouldn't you be like, "F no, I'm not giving you phone number, now get your fat *advertiser censored* outa here!"?
You're totally right. Since I wrote that comment, I've read several times from other posters that she did mention to friends that that incident was very suspicious. Gah, I hate it that we live in a world where you can't trust someone claiming to be a neighbor showing friendliness... but too often there really are nefarious motives behind it.

Forgot completely, but a possible scenario, no matter how PF told KK the bat made it into the condo. He’s not very reliable so I doubt he was totally upfront about the murder itself — but that type of lie is a small detail that doesn’t affect the act itself. It’s what she saw personally that is most important.
^^SBM

After listening to Sam Kraemer's video recap last evening and his opinion that homeowner's in rural areas often keep baseball bats around for safety/protection from intruders, I thought about KB not having her handgun in her home since January 2019. Although PF reportedly returned KB's gun to her 11/21/19, I wondered if PF may have given KB a bat prior to 11/22/19. Sneaking the bat into the condo may have been one of the lies PF told KK. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member