CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe KK was more involved than she admits in the planning and the "why" that has not been addressed. I believe the prosecution has avoided asking her how the plan came about to kill KB in the first place. There had to have been a conversation. Look how much PF has shared about the actual murder with her. That said, I wish she didn't have as much of a deal as she was given, but I've decided to see this from KB's perspective. As a mom, her biggest concern is/would be the safety of her daughter and her having a loving family surrounding her. Even "above" justice for herself. So, whatever is needed to best ensure that PF remains far, far away as she grows up is the best "justice" for Kelsey, IMO. KK has questionable character, no doubt. But I don't believe she'd be caught up in something like this again. On the other hand, I can absolutely see PF killing again. Little KB needs to stay tucked safely in Kelsey's family for as long as possible. Forever would be awesome.

Yes and as I’ve said, because it’s a no body case, there likely would be no prosecution of PF at all for murder and the only thing they could do is charge KK and maybe PF with tampering.

The deal was necessary to provide the info used to go after PF and it has been corroborated. But without the deal to begin with that info wouldn’t be there.

Would PF being free be justice for Kelsey? I mean setting aside the horrible issue of custody of the baby.

Perfect justice is uncommon. Maybe it never really exists.

Last edited:
I wonder if PF's version of taking Kelsey's gun away from her to prevent her from self harm was just another lie and he took it away from her to prevent her from using it on someone who might harm her. MOO

I've had the same thought.

Could he have taken the gun so she had no way to defend herself?

What would/could KB have done had she had her gun the day he killed her?

Moo

Well now, that's interesting. She couldn't remember telling the FBI if one was missing?

Yes. how convenient she cannot recall anything about what she told LE about the bullet missing.

Im afraid some witnesses are starting to catch the "spontaneous memory reduction sickness" that is going around those parts.

SAY WHAT?? How on earth does conspiring with a murderer keep oneself and one's children safe???? Try calling the police!! Not cover up the murder of an innocent woman! Who could believe this cr@p? What the heck are they drinking down there?

Spit my sweet tea!!!

Thats some magic cool aid they got.

Moo

I believe KK was more involved than she admits in the planning and the "why" that has not been addressed. I believe the prosecution has avoided asking her how the plan came about to kill KB in the first place. There had to have been a conversation. Look how much PF has shared about the actual murder with her. That said, I wish she didn't have as much of a deal as she was given, but I've decided to see this from KB's perspective. As a mom, her biggest concern is/would be the safety of her daughter and her having a loving family surrounding her. Even "above" justice for herself. So, whatever is needed to best ensure that PF remains far, far away as she grows up is the best "justice" for Kelsey, IMO. KK has questionable character, no doubt. But I don't believe she'd be caught up in something like this again. On the other hand, I can absolutely see PF killing again. Little KB needs to stay tucked safely in Kelsey's family for as long as possible. Forever would be awesome.
I think KK did reveal why PF made the plan to kill Kelsey, through her testimony.
He told her Kelsey was abusing the baby and was an unfit mother.
He claimed that "an innocent's" life was in danger and something had to be done about it.
He told several others a similar story, and was actively taking steps to file for custody of the child.
When he realized that was never going to work, he decided he had to get rid of the problem.

Imo

Well now, that's interesting. She couldn't remember telling the FBI if one was missing?

Don't recall MG telling the FBI that it didn't look like the gun had not been fired. Would have made her follow-up contact with authorities questionable. (Always thought MG wanted to re-assert herself in the investigation. So many in ID looking for their 5 minutes...). MOO

Its actually very common in states that allow conceal carry or have conceal carry permits. People that elect to conceal carry when driving usually want the gun as close to them as possible and under the seat is a common spot. I do agree it can be a little dangerous especially if adjusting the seat where it could somehow manage to get tangled with the gun and could be dangerous.

The question I have about KK's borrowing of the car is did the loaner person not realize her gun was still in the car until it was too late and KK already took off with the car? Or did she purposely let KK have that gun with her because maybe KK asked her to borrow it too and maybe KK wanted the gun with her?

Im not sure if those questions have been answered or not.
If it was a mistake I could understand it better but if the loaner person let her borrow the gun too along with the car then that seems foolish because you wouldnt want anyone else using your weapon and not knowing what they are going to do with it.
Even better- did KK bring the gun with her inside the condo, just in case?

Yes and as I’ve said, because it’s a no body case, there likely would be no prosecution of PF at all for murder and the only thing they could do is charge KK and maybe PF with tampering..

The deal was necessary to provide the info used to go after PF and it has been corroborated. But without the deal to begin with that info wouldn’t be there.

Would PF being free be justice for Kelsey? I mean setting aside the horrible issue of custody of the baby.

BBM. I know you’re an attorney. Just curious why you think there wouldn’t have been any prosecution at all without KK? I certainly believe it would have been harder. But no body murder convictions occur at a rate of 86% (per www.nobodymurdercases.com) . I would say the chances are good that he would have been prosecuted. Even without KK, JM would have come forward and testified that PF said he had a plan to kill her. The ranch hands would have testified about the fire. The video and cell phone evidence was still good. PF’s inconsistent statements. Would MS have been able to testify about what KK told her, or would that be hearsay? At any rate, a mountain of circumstantial evidence.

Yes and as I’ve said, because it’s a no body case, there likely would be no prosecution of PF at all for murder and the only thing they could do is charge KK and maybe PF with tampering.

I think he would be free and no way IMO could CB have custody - he's the father. Her testimony has helped KB's family in so many ways and I don't really care how it was achieved or what they had to trade with her to get it. Bottom line for me is PF gets LWOP and the baby never has to see him again and grows up with a loving family
JMO

@gitana1
BBM
Moo...

Perfect words...

KK and her posse still leave a vile taste in my mouth.

Kinda like having to swallow nasty medicine to get better, but I know I gotta.

Moo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member