Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
12:10pm - After exiting the lift at about 8:07am, the accused walks to the Atrium shopping centre on Elliot St, where he enters The Warehouse. Inside, the man approaches a large group of suitcases, picks one out and wheels it to the counter.

A receipt shown to the jury confirms the accused purchased the suitcase.

The accused then wheels this back to the CityLife hotel at 8:14am.

Grace Millane murder trial: Live updates as police interview, CCTV footage shown to jury

The CCTV continues:

8.32am - The accused leaves the CityLife hotel and enters the Countdown supermarket on Victoria Street West.

8.40am - He is seen buying cleaning products at the self checkout. He buys Janola Power Cleaner, an Ace Gloves twin pack, Scotch-Brite anti-bacterial wipes, and a packet of gum.

f1ce8317-f5b7-42b3-bcde-cb240bd6b5e7_800.jpg

Grace Millane murder trial: Accused asks 'am I being arrested for something I didn't do?'

"12.15pm

The jury is now watching the accused's movements on the morning of December 2 - almost all of which was captured on CCTV.

At just after 8am he leaves the CityLife hotel and walks to the Warehouse on Elliot St in central Auckland.

While there he buys a large suitcase before returning to the hotel at 8.14am.

But shortly after he leaves his apartment again and walks to nearby Countdown supermarket.

There he buys several items, including genola power cleaner, a twin pack of small gloves, and a packet of gum.

He paid for all the items in cash before returning to the hotel at 8.40am.

Nearly a couple of hours pass by before the accused is back in the lift in his hotel.

This time he walks towards Queen St and catches a taxi at about 10.33am.

While in the back of the cab he can be seen using his phone and smiling.

He then pays with his credit card after arriving at an Apex car rental shop at 10.42am.

The accused hires a car for one day."

Grace Millane murder trial: Accused's lies to police during interview

The CCTV timeline continues:

10.25am - The accused leaves the CityLife hotel again and takes a taxi to Apex Car Rental.

10.42am - He is seen picking up a rental car and then heads back to the hotel for just after 11am.

1.33pm - The accused is captured again in the CityLife hotel lift. He has changed into a blue shirt and is seen walking along Durham Ln, which the Crown says is where a Wilson car park is located. The CCTV does not reflect this.

2.33pm - Roughly an hour after leaving, he is seen returning to the hotel from the same direction and heads back into the lift. Now, he is wearing a black t-shirt.

Grace Millane murder trial: Accused asks 'am I being arrested for something I didn't do?'

12:42pm - Later that evening at 7:30pm, the accused drives the car he hired to a Countdown. He approaches a RugDoctor stand before returning to his car. He doesn't purchase anything.

The accused returns to the CityLife hotel before going back to the Countdown at 8:11pm. He and a Countdown employee approach the RugDoctor stand and the accused can later be seen rolling one of the machines away.

The accused takes the machine back to CityLife and is in there for about 30 minutes before returning the RugDoctor to the supermarket.

Grace Millane murder trial: Live updates as police interview, CCTV footage shown to jury

12:52pm - At about 9:25pm, the accused drives the hired car back to the CityLife hotel and parks it outside. He gets out, does something in the boot, and then goes into the hotel.

He grabs a baggage trolley and wheels it to the lift.

CCTV footage soon captures the man wheeling the trolley from his room floor and into a lift. On it are two suitcases and a sports bag. These are taken to the hired car at 9:31pm.

During this, both David and Gillian Millane were visibly upset and wiping their eyes.

Hope he tipped these concierges well who he says were regularly called upon to haul his big drunk butt around the hotel

On the Thursday night, November 29, the accused said he got blind drunk at a work function and ended up sleeping outside.

"I ended up sleeping outside the hotel and the concierge helped me upstairs," he told Settle.
"One of the Indian concierges said he helped me up to my room."

Grace's mother, Gillian Millane, can be heard crying in the courtroom as CCTV shows the accused re-entering the lift with two suitcases and a black sports bag loaded onto a luggage trolley, at 9.30pm.

He is then seen loading the suitcases into the boot of the car he parked outside the hotel, before driving it to a Wilson car park on Durham Ln.

9.37pm - He is captured re-entering the CityLife hotel lobby with a plastic bag. The bag has carpet stain remover in it.

"12.55pm

At about 9.27pm on December 2, the accused can be seen on CCTV using a luggage trolley in the CityLife hotel.

After bringing the trolley to his room, he leaves with it carrying two suitcases and a black sports bag.

Millane's parents, seated in the back of the courtroom, began to cry as they watched the accused move the suitcase which contained their daughter's body.

The accused is then seen parking the car with the bags in a nearby carpark, before he again returns to a supermarket and buys gloves and carpet stain remover.

At 6.14am the next day he returns to his hire car.

During his journey, however, he stops at an ITM hardware store and buys a red shovel just before 7am with cash.

The accused returns to the CityLife hotel in the rental car at about 9.30am."

Grace Millane murder trial: Accused's lies to police during interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members