Found Deceased FL - Taylor Rose Williams, 5, Jacksonville, 6 Nov 2019 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds more serious than simple neglect.
Was Taylor starved to death ?
Beaten ?
Tortured ?

Sounds like someone they'd call in for a dismemberment.
Hope not.
I'm just guessing here but IMO the child neglect charge is mainly a placeholder which allows LE to take BW into custody - if she survives the overdose - and hold her until murder charges can be brought. Florida is a Grand Jury state which means a true bill of indictment must be brought in order for a case of first-degree murder to go to trial.

If multiple trash bags were found (nothing's been confirmed yet) then it's also possible other evidence was discarded along with Taylor's body. I'd be surprised if Taylor was dismembered but heck, anything's possible.

All MOO.

Wondering exactly what has caused them to specify "felony child neglect"?

All criminal offenses in Florida charged as “Neglect of a Child” are classified as felonies.

The offense of child neglect is defined under Section 827.03, Florida Statutes. Under the law, “neglect of child” means “[a] caregiver’s failure or omission to provide a child with the care, supervision, and services necessary to maintain the child’s physical and mental health,” including, but not limited to:

Food and nutrition;
Clothing;
Shelter;
Supervision;
Medicine and medical services that a prudent person would consider essential for the well-being of the child.

Child Neglect may also occur as a result of “[a] caregiver’s failure to make a reasonable effort to protect a child from abuse, neglect, or exploitation by another person.”

To prove the crime of Child Neglect in Florida, the prosecution must establish the following three elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

The defendant:(a) wilfully or by culpable negligence failed or omitted to provide the alleged victim with the care, supervision, and services necessary to maintain the victim’s physical or mental health; or (b) failed to make a reasonable effort to protect the alleged victim from abuse, neglect, or exploitation by another person;

The defendant was the “caregiver” for the alleged victim; and

The alleged victim was under 18 years of age.

Culpable Negligence vs. Negligence
As the term implies, ‘culpable negligence’ involves a higher degree of fault or responsibility than ordinary civil negligence. Culpable negligence is defined as a “failure to use reasonable care on behalf of another when such failure is gross or flagrant. The negligence must be committed with an utter disregard for the safety of others.”

Culpable negligence involves consciously doing an act or following a course of conduct that the defendant must have known, or reasonably should have known, was likely to cause death or great bodily harm.
Source: Fla. Std. Jury Instr. (Crim) 16.5.

All criminal offenses in Florida charged as “Neglect of a Child” are classified as felonies. Where the neglect or abuse does not result in great bodily harm (or permanent disability or disfigurement), the charge is a third degree felony, with penalties of up to 5 years in prison or 5 years of probation and a $5,000 fine.

Where great bodily harm occurs, the charge is a second degree felony, punishable by up to 15 years in prison or 15 years probation and a $10,000 fine.

A conviction for neglect of child may also negatively impact parental rights or result in a complete loss of parental rights.
Child Neglect Crimes- Florida | Definition and Penalties

So, BW is in Norfolk in 2015. Taylor had been born in Feb 2014, correct? She's back in Jax in Apr 2018. I feel like something happened between that time in Norfolk and when she came to Jax last year. Looks like she was moved/reassigned about every 2 years (Apr 2020 would be 2 yrs), so was it time for her to leave Jax and go elsewhere and this was the catalyst for reporting Taylor missing?
I went over her time line yesterday trying to figure out when she had time to get pregnant.2012-Basic Training.
March 2013- sent to Pensacola for training for her job in the Navy. That training is 8 weeks long. Where was she after her training between May 2013&Dec when she's assigned to Pensacola?
Dec 2013- is actually assigned to work at Pensacola. By this time she's 7-8 months pregnant. I'm thinking she took leave after finishing her training after March of 2013(sometime in May), went to Alabama and ended up pregnant.
March of 2015 she was assigned to Norfolk.
April 2018 assigned to Jacksonville. She wasn't reassigned every 2 years. March 2013-May 2013 she was training.After training is when you receive your permanent duty station.
Stationed at Pensacola for 1 yr and 3 months before being sent to Norfolk. Assigned to Norfolk for 3 years. Between all those times she was deployed twice as well.

I think everyone can agree, something strange happened. Mental health or another person?

I've been lurking on this page since the first Amber Alert and just made my acct this morning after **** got real with BW. We live out here, husband's AD at Mayport and this whole thing is messed up. She better not die. We want answers and right now, the Navy is going to be in BIG TROUBLE because they should've been keeping a close eye on her since Day 1!

Welcome aboard @bridiessong, I agree, I want to know what happened to Taylor and why and I want to know that the Navy has been investigating things on their end since their petty officer was named a POI and why on earth they were not on top of this suicide attempt?? How did that even happen?

Does the military provide daycare for free?
No daycare isn't free but it is much cheaper at the Child Development Center on base than it is off base, and Taylor was enrolled on base. Brianna was just promoted to E6. As an E5 she could easily afford daycare. My son was enrolled at the CDC when I was in the Air Force. That was a long time ago and prices have gone up, but for comparison, I was paying $54 a week and off base like Kinder Care or La Petit were over $100 a week.

I went over her time line yesterday trying to figure out when she had time to get pregnant.2012-Basic Training.
March 2013- sent to Pensacola for training for her job in the Navy. That training is 8 weeks long. Where was she after her training between May 2013&Dec when she's assigned to Pensacola?
Dec 2013- is actually assigned to work at Pensacola. By this time she's 7-8 months pregnant. I'm thinking she took leave after finishing her training after March of 2013(sometime in May), went to Alabama and ended up pregnant.
March of 2015 she was assigned to Norfolk.
April 2018 assigned to Jacksonville. She wasn't reassigned every 2 years. March 2013-May 2013 she was training.After training is when you receive your permanent duty station.
Stationed at Pensacola for 1 yr and 3 months before being sent to Norfolk. Assigned to Norfolk for 3 years. Between all those times she was deployed twice as well.

Active duty or not, deployed or not, in training or not, and location of duty station doesn't much matter. Just like civilians, military members are sexual beings who enjoy sex, relationships, and the company or companionship of others. No harder to make time for it than a businessman or career woman or anyone else with a job.

I spent 12 years working for the Department of Children and Families here in FL - child neglect is used very broadly - my assumption is that the charge was placed due to her not reporting her missing timely/lying about the abduction.
Yes, exactly. IMO the broad definition allowed LE to present enough Probable Cause to lay that charge while the investigation continues. It's probably going to take some time to gather enough evidence for additional charges. MOO.

The mother of 5-year-old Taylor Rose Williams has been arrested and charged in connection with the girl's disappearance, authorities said Tuesday. Hours before police announced the arrest, investigators found remains that they believe to be Taylor in rural Alabama. CBS

Taylor Williams' mother charged with child neglect, giving false information
Brianna Williams absentee booked after remains believed to be daughter found

I think everyone can agree, something strange happened. Mental health or another person?

I've been lurking on this page since the first Amber Alert and just made my acct this morning after **** got real with BW. We live out here, husband's AD at Mayport and this whole thing is messed up. She better not die. We want answers and right now, the Navy is going to be in BIG TROUBLE because they should've been keeping a close eye on her since Day 1!

Sadly, unless there is that rare confession, the answers and fair justice do not happen in most cases. And those rare confessions contain self serving statements that only serve to minimize the abusers role.

For that reason, I don't care either way, whether this egg donor lives or not.

And welcome to WS!

I just posted. :p
Did you ask a question ?

Hopefully on-topic; Would the Navy be protecting her ?

I'm not advocating anything vigilante-wise, just that I thought if her status changes to 'suspect' would they hand her over to the local LE ?

I took a look around the web but cannot figure out which questions to type in to find what I'm looking for.
The military and civilian law enforcement are two separate entities and treat cases differently.
Sorry if this post is confusing muddle....
NO. IMO they would not be protecting her. They own her.She is their property. "If a military member commits a crime off base they are still under the jurisdiction of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and will be tried for their crime in Military Court."
Is Off Base Conduct Covered by Military Law?

Thank you @Ray_of_hope, @Bravo, @LietKynes
Thank you for your caring words & concern. You are some of the brightest posters here, among the best❤️

I can not hide from the world.

While these cases can be...difficult for me, I return time & time again...for the babies & children that are lost.

My unfortunate experiences have given me an extremely strong sense of compassion & sensitivity.

Having said that, from experience...if the docs do not know what substance BW ingested, the more difficult it is to combat that. I certainly hope they’ve been able to figure it out quicker in this day & age...I want her alive to be punished & I truly believe she will be.

MOO

NO. IMO they would not be protecting her. They own her.She is their property. "If a military member commits a crime off base they are still under the jurisdiction of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and will be tried for their crime in Military Court."
Is Off Base Conduct Covered by Military Law?

I take it that means if Williams doesn't die she will be tried by military court. And that means we don't find anything out? No Sunshine Law

No daycare isn't free but it is much cheaper at the Child Development Center on base than it is off base, and Taylor was enrolled on base. Brianna was just promoted to E6. As an E5 she could easily afford daycare. My son was enrolled at the CDC when I was in the Air Force. That was a long time ago and prices have gone up, but for comparison, I was paying $54 a week and off base like Kinder Care or La Petit were over $100 a week.
Plus wasn't she paid a per diem for her child?

I take it that means if Williams doesn't die she will be tried by military court. And that means we don't find anything out? No Sunshine Law
I sure hope one of our verifieds weighs in on how this is all likely to play out as far as who prosecutes her where and when. Because I have very much appreciated FL's sunshine laws.

I sure hope one of our verifieds weighs in on how this is all likely to play out as far as who prosecutes her where and when. Because I have very much appreciated FL's sunshine laws.
I just asked my husband who said she'll be tried by the civilian courts where the crime occurred, and also by the military courts for her military violations (which would result in being discharged, etc.).

This site explains it well: Military vs. Civilian Court Authority - Newsom & Gapasin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni