Found Deceased LA - Jessica Easterly Durning, 43, New Orleans, 14 Aug 2019

Why isn't the local media in New Orleans picking this up? There seem to be only a handful of posts by the media. I feel confident the coroner is doing their best but I also hope they are looking at the person the family thinks is responsible. It is my understand there is a child living at the house still. Hopefully this child is being protected!

They have reported but agreed, not sure why not more. Still seems obvious, IMO, as to one huge person of interest.
The daughter didnt live there full time from what I understand so dont think she is there. I believe I read she is the stepdaughter of the person known as victims husband, not his daughter.

They have reported but agreed, not sure why not more. Still seems obvious, IMO, as to one huge person of interest.
The daughter didnt live there full time from what I understand so dont think she is there. I believe I read she is the stepdaughter of the person known as victims husband, not his daughter.

On the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of Jessica's last week, I heard the daughter was living at house and saw Jessica last on Wednesday morning.

Are you or @I'mTheFriend able to confirm that? Just wondering who amongst Jessica's family and friends was actually last to hear from her? Was it on the Monday in the telephone call? No one else saw/heard from her Tuesday or Wednesday, unless the daughter can confirm?

‘Everything points to she was dumped there’: Lakeview woman’s family wants answers about her death
<snip>
“This thing would not have taken this long as it has had she not laid in the New Orleans sun for a week and a half before her body was found,” said Durning’s stepfather Rick Schmitt, of Summerdale, Alabama. “That’s what made the autopsy to difficult… The fact that she was there, everything points to she was dumped there; she did not die there.”

<snip>
“However she got in that place, somebody knows and has the person that knows how Jessica died and that’s what needs to be brought to light and what we need to have come forward and put this thing…put it to rest,” Schmitt said.

Durning’s cousin, Stephanie Boswell, asked anyone with tips, “no matter how small,” to contact NOPD.

“We are not going to rest; we're not going to give up on this. We’re not going to wash our hands of this or back down at all until justice is served in this case,” Creel said.

‘Everything points to she was dumped there’: Lakeview woman’s family wants answers about her death
<snip>
“This thing would not have taken this long as it has had she not laid in the New Orleans sun for a week and a half before her body was found,” said Durning’s stepfather Rick Schmitt, of Summerdale, Alabama. “That’s what made the autopsy to difficult… The fact that she was there, everything points to she was dumped there; she did not die there.”

<snip>
“However she got in that place, somebody knows and has the person that knows how Jessica died and that’s what needs to be brought to light and what we need to have come forward and put this thing…put it to rest,” Schmitt said.

Durning’s cousin, Stephanie Boswell, asked anyone with tips, “no matter how small,” to contact NOPD.

“We are not going to rest; we're not going to give up on this. We’re not going to wash our hands of this or back down at all until justice is served in this case,” Creel said.

Thank you. Are they your 'snips' or a mod's?

I have no idea if this was previously posted but I found her and husband's wedding website. Not sure I am allowed to post it. If you want the link DM!

Profile Wedding Website

In Jessica's words, how she and husband met:

How We Met

The easiest answer is "on a boat!". I was invited out on the boat by a girlfriend of mine & her boyfriend I hadn't met. I stepped aboard and saw the most handsome man I'd ever seen. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I caught him having the same problem! I saw him a couple of times after, but lost touch with the girl when I moved back to Ocean Springs. One year later my phone rang & it was him! Justin! He came over from Pass Christian and we talked & laughed until 5am. That solidified my feelin that we were meant to be & that it really was love at first sight. He told me he felt the same way. We both knew from the moment we saw each other that we would be together someday. Here we are, almost 4 years later & are still madly in love even more than yesterday & the day before.

I'm so glad there is continued investigation into what happened to Jessica. Hugs to family and friends who have joined us. I hope you take some comfort in knowing that there is humanity, kindness, acceptance, understanding and sympathy in this world for all people. No one walks alone.

Where is the statement from her husband? Where is the outrage from her husband? Why aren't her neighbors picketing in his yard demanding more answers? Something does NOT add up. Does anyone know who the detective on thee case is and how to get in touch with him/ her? This is an outrage!

Where is the statement from her husband? Where is the outrage from her husband? Why aren't her neighbors picketing in his yard demanding more answers? Something does NOT add up. Does anyone know who the detective on thee case is and how to get in touch with him/ her? This is an outrage!

Quite. I am surprised a) he did not initially report her missing b) he made no public appeal for help to locate her and c) despite continuing on social media accounts, has made no reference to her death or sorrow over. Now maybe he is just a very distraught and not too articulate person and is beside himself with grief and not knowing what to do for the best, some may say...

Quite. I am surprised a) he did not initially report her missing b) he made no public appeal for help to locate her and c) despite continuing on social media accounts, has made no reference to her death or sorrow over. Now maybe he is just a very distraught and not too articulate person and is beside himself with grief and not knowing what to do for the best, some may say...
As far as I can tell he hasn't posted anything about her...even when she was 'missing'. I am married and if my partner went missing you wouldn't be able to SHUT ME UP!

As far as I can tell he hasn't posted anything about her...even when she was 'missing'. I am married and if my partner went missing you wouldn't be able to SHUT ME UP!
I am sure JMO when they NOPD follows the trail of cyber activity in this case. And I do hope Cyber Crime Unit is involved and when a POI is named we will find a horrific trail of a Disfuntional Marriage that ends in tragic death and foul play. Sitting on my hands screaming Justice for Jessica's Life.
No woman No Man No Child No human being deserves the life she was in. MOO

Please give Jessica the voice that was silenced.
I am......

She
She is his daughter...sadly

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back