The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

thank you for that :)

so did I miss the part why this is so stressful?
'QUITE STRESSFUL'
Royal biographer Ingrid Seward said: “Christmas at Sandringham can be quite stressful so perhaps they don’t want to go with Archie at such a young age.
“Having said that, Sandringham has played host to many many children through the ages and is well set up for them.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle choose not to join the Queen for Christmas

granted my butt stays home for the holidays now BUT I did my share of running around On major holidays visiting two sets of grandparents /familys when the kids were little. Maybe I would have split the holidays with each family. Turkey day in the US And Christmas with the Queen

I was hoping M&H would step back from the publicity for a while

Last edited:
:DYes yes we need more jewelry on this thread

I love her hair and like that outfit but I think the pants flare out at the bottom ? Dislike

Not my favorite either. Wish, wish, wish she would go for less structured things more often. I guess we all have our own tastes!

However, for a casual look, I think her hair is beautiful here. Natural and elegant.

And, a pet peeve: Could HM loosen up the keys to the vault a little, please? I would love to see some of the younger generation making use of the contents a bit more. I know, she's lent some to the DoCam recently, but they were ginormous "gala"-type jewels, and almost dwarfed Kate. I'm thinking that some of those jewels could be worn, at least in their smaller versions, or some of the smaller pieces, for a quite a few occasions by the DoCam and the DoS.

And: I'd also like to suggest that those two could add some pieces of their own, even parures, using some of the semi-precious stones that are so appreciated today. I'd love to see a piece or two, given for an occasion, then added to later, if needs be. Not necessarily "gala-type" jewels, yet a bit more than the itsy-bitsy, teensy-weensy things we've often seen when they've added things themselves so far (such as the "baby" green amethyst earrings the DoCam wears.) Nice, but something a bit.....more, please!

Some ideas for stones: Citrine, Imperial Topaz, Amethyst, some of the pretty, pastel pearls (even Baroque), Peridot.

Glad to get it all off my chest, finally!

Last edited:
Yes, exactly! And now we have fellow Sunshine Sachs client Hillary Clinton parading around here calling us all racists on Meghan's behalf. Of course there are umpleasant individuals everywhere, but on the whole Britain is one of the most tolerant and diverse countries in the world. It breaks my heart that the warm and welcoming British people are being portrayed as racist bullies with sticks up our behinds because these people are trying to gaslight us into liking her.

I can't imagine that it would be acceptable to say such awful things about any other nation or their culture. It's all gone far too far and I hope the Queen is finally putting her foot down. I hope they go to the States for Christmas and stay there.

Oh that’s disappointing. “Racist” is bandied about every other word here... but we have issues right now. That says so much more about the U.S. And it also goes for our heads of state hurling insults at Meghan back in June before the big U.S. state visit. Just embarrassing to the core behavior.

I think social media is a terribly hurtful place. It just gives liscense to anonymous haters. All over the world.

People saying that are doing Meghan no favors. Either she is endearing and likeable on her own or she is not. Harry is not so popular right now, either. Is that racist too?

Plus, there’s a US political endorsement feeling in there too. That can’t be good for the BRF’s political neutrality.

Last edited:
OTOH, if relations are frosty it might be a welcome sigh of relief?

Her Majesty is an understanding woman I think, and as a Mom herself she may well understand Meghan could be homesick. Even more than Meghan does.

Plus, if Meghan and Harry are going to meet with her Dad, that’s a very sensitive subject... Meghan has issues with her Dad. When things are heavy hearted it might put a damper on everyone else to try and just put a face on for tradition?

I hope they do work on restoring Meghan’s relationship with her Dad. Introduce him to his grandson. He loves her and took care of her growing up. It would do her a world of good.

—But that’s just me knowing what it’s like being a child of divorce, how relationships can veer wildly and how healing forgiveness can be... or at least acknowledgement can be...

Meghan and Harry went on a veering wildly expedition in their documentary. Hopefully this time they need to take will go towards a centering time for them. Because that “stiff upper lip” comment was all about what is unresolved in Meghan, and not British society. —Just my take & Imo.

Former actress
fiancee-of-britains-prince-harry-meghan-markle-arrives-at-news-photo-960056266-1556233849.jpg

Town and Country

The Christmas plans are all speculation at this point. But I really wish Meghan and Prince Harry would go away from the spotlight.

It doesn't matter what any of our own holiday experiences are like. She married into the Royal family, not a regular family. She didn't just marry Prince Harry, she married into the responsibilities, expectations, and duties that come with the title.

If not many people are asking her if she is "o.k.", then she needs to evaluate why. Is it possible that she got rid of all the people she used to be friends with, the ones that cared. So sad, too bad.

And here we are talking about Meghan's personal issues and problems rather than being able to talk about the wonderful work that the other royals who married into the family are engaged in.

Prince Harry needs to take a page from his great uncle and disappear with his American divorcee trouble making bride.

Yes, exactly! And now we have fellow Sunshine Sachs client Hillary Clinton parading around here calling us all racists on Meghan's behalf. Of course there are umpleasant individuals everywhere, but on the whole Britain is one of the most tolerant and diverse countries in the world. It breaks my heart that the warm and welcoming British people are being portrayed as racist bullies with sticks up our behinds because these people are trying to gaslight us into liking her.

I can't imagine that it would be acceptable to say such awful things about any other nation or their culture. It's all gone far too far and I hope the Queen is finally putting her foot down. I hope they go to the States for Christmas and stay there.

now that the facts should be out but are not being allowed to be published, I hope the people will be allowed to vote again. It seems that they were tricked.

Former actress
fiancee-of-britains-prince-harry-meghan-markle-arrives-at-news-photo-960056266-1556233849.jpg

Town and Country

The Christmas plans are all speculation at this point. But I really wish Meghan and Prince Harry would go away from the spotlight.

It doesn't matter what any of our own holiday experiences are like. She married into the Royal family, not a regular family. She didn't just marry Prince Harry, she married into the responsibilities, expectations, and duties that come with the title.

If not many people are asking her if she is "o.k.", then she needs to evaluate why. Is it possible that she got rid of all the people she used to be friends with, the ones that cared. So sad, too bad.

And here we are talking about Meghan's personal issues and problems rather than being able to talk about the wonderful work that the other royals who married into the family are engaged in.

Prince Harry needs to take a page from his great uncle and disappear with his American divorcee trouble making bride.

the stories are “sources close to......”

We have read stories on here that both Harry and William have issues with the press. They have their official engagements that are for the press.

In the article about the texting for mental health, it was said that William said his visit was for Harry and Meghan as well. The article also said that the four Royals had visited the project in secret four times.

Harry and Meghan do not choose the media, the media chooses them.

Oh that’s disappointing. “Racist” is bandied about every other word here... but we have issues right now. That says so much more about the U.S.

I think social media is a terribly hurtful place. It just gives liscense to anonymous haters. All over the world.

People saying that are doing Meghan no favors. Either she is endearing and likeable on her own or she is not. Harry is not so popular right now, either. Is that racist too?

Plus, there’s a US political endorsement feeling in there too. That can’t be good for the BRF’s political neutrality.

I abhor racism. I will call it out and face it down whenever I see it, no matter the cost to myself, but in this case I am not seeing it. I won't suggest that we don't have a single racist individual in this country, of course we do, but we are not a racist nation. There are many reasons why a lot of the British public do not gel with Meghan but I won't go into them because it's been done to death, but not one of those reasons is because she is mixed race. I can assure you, we would have all been over the moon had he married Dame Jessica Ennis, Lupita N'yongo or a million and one other extremely impressive black and mixed race women. In actual fact, we were beside ourselves when he married Meghan! We grew up with Harry, we watched him lose his mum. All we wanted was to see him happy with a good woman. Nobody cared about her heritage.

Former actress

Town and Country

BBM : Sometimes, when everyone around you is giving you the same feedback, the time has come to look in the mirror. I say that from bitter experience, I have learned the hard way.

Well, not to wade in too deep on the topic here, but the crux of the problem seems to be the expectation of living a private life, vs. being part of the royal family. They are not a private family. (Although, I really don't see the point of the monarchy, if they aren't really going to be monarchy...)

In the old days of a true monarchy, there was no expectation of being private individuals and even childbirth wasn't private. (There had to be "witnesses" to be sure the baby was a "real" descendant -in other words, there wasn't the public suspicion that will always dog PH and MM.) The monarchy was God-given, and came with mandated responsibilities as well as privileges. (Of course, not all used those great responsibilities well!)

Having chucked all that out the window, the royal families are largely window dressing, and inevitably caught between the "public" aspect of royal tradition (as well as, ahem, being subsidized greatly by the public) and wishing to live the life of private individuals, having Christmas wherever they please. It seems an untenable situation to me. In days of yore there was a balance and trade-off : Those many and great privileges and lives of luxury came with the real and serious burden of having great authority and power over subjects' lives. These days, they sort of have to make up their own concept of "duties and responsibilities", which may or may not align with the public's idea (or HMQEII's) of them.

The many duties seem to be, at least as envisioned by the public, engaging in endless organized charitable organizations (highly, highly suspect to my mind) handing out various awards, giving many photos ops and glimpses into their lives and, according to HMQEII, things like having Christmas together. Unfortunately, PH and MM's take on it seems to differ significantly. Their concept, though (which appears to some an awful lot like "I'll take all the public funding and visibility and life of luxury, but you can have that part of it which requires that I attend the Royal Marines memorial versus hanging out with my A-lister, celeb friends, thank you very much") perhaps will force a reconsideration of what in the heck a "modern monarchy" is.

My take: An oxymoron.

Last edited:
I abhor racism. I will call it out and face it down whenever I see it, no matter the cost to myself, but in this case I am not seeing it. I won't suggest that we don't have a single racist individual in this country, of course we do, but we are not a racist nation. There are many reasons why a lot of the British public do not gel with Meghan but I won't go into them because it's been done to death, but not one of those reasons is because she is mixed race. I can assure you, we would have all been over the moon had he married Dame Jessica Ennis, Lupita N'yongo or a million and one other extremely impressive black and mixed race women. In actual fact, we were beside ourselves when he married Meghan! We grew up with Harry, we watched him lose his mum. All we wanted was to see him happy with a good woman. Nobody cared about her heritage.

BBM : Sometimes, when everyone around you is giving you the same feedback, the time has come to look in the mirror. I say that from bitter experience, I have learned the hard way.

d

Actually not overrated. My own grandchildren were in a real lockdown in a school in Minnesota.

Anyone care to help me here? This is a tiny point, but I'd love some input.

On the DoS's coat in the above photo, would it be better to have the brooch ON the lapel? That's where I would put it, but maybe one isn't supposed to wear brooches on the lapel?

And the UK have constant IRA threats... they will be fine here

The IRA disbanded after the Good Friday Agreement. While there are splinter groups, I have not heard of any bombs to do with Irish Republicans on UK soil since Omagh in '98 and I think the last one on mainland UK was in '96

There are ISIS threats definitely and other groups but the IRA ceased being a threat in the mid 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77