MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did LE say she was in a shoot out if she's the only one shooting? Makes me think LE saw SOMETHING that made them think there was someone else involved.

If that's the case, I don't think we'll learn about it until Adrienne is located.

Did anyone else notice the fabulous "hunter's moon" tonight? I thought of Adrienne when I saw it.

I am not convinced Ada ever made that call from her phone. I am not convinced Ada was alive nor alone at her cabin that night.

I am bothered by the delay between Ada’s distress call and the family friend’s alert to 911. I am bothered they gave the wrong address. I am bothered Ada didn’t call 911 herself. I am bothered her boyfriend is not cooperating with LE.

I would still like to know if the ‘family friend’ who called has ever met her boyfriend. MOO.
I'm bothered by the son saying the boyfriend was at the cabin with her, but left early to deliver supplies for the condo they were renovating. WTH does that even mean? Left early implies what? Was he asked to pick up and deliver supplies? Or did they have a lovers quarrel and he left early? Very confusing details. I'd like to know more about those circumstances, I'd like to hear directly from him. He was the last person to see her right? Did she talk to anyone after he left besides the 2am distress call?

I'm thoroughly perplexed about this case. I'd think a 47 year old woman would know by now what drugs (IF she even took drugs) would have a bad effect on her.

She's not a teen, nor even in her early twenties....someone who might experiment with stuff. She seems to be capable, knows the woods, is a hunter, is not afraid of the woods. The cabin has been in her family....no doubt she's been alone up there before. She doesn't seem the type to suffer from anxiety or panic attacks leading to full blown paranoia, but what do I know?

I was leaning to some hallucinatory event, a psychotic break of sorts.
Now I'm not so sure.

It bothers me too that the bf is not cooperating. It's reasonable that he's retained a lawyer under the circumstances, but it's stated he's uncooperative. Is he even helping in the search?

Is it possible that he did harm her, or caused her to come to harm. It's late at night when my imagination goes overboard, but could he have slipped her something to make her go nuts. They may have had a bad fight....so maybe there's spite involved....cause her to have a horrible night while he went off to do his errands. Leaving the cabin the day before all this happens seems awfully convenient. I'd like to know if picking up supplies to deliver somewhere, or whatever he needed to do, was planned ahead, or spontaneous.

I better stop....I'm imagining all sorts of crazy scenarios. Forgive me.
Thinking off the top of my head.

I'm 50/50 foul play/ mental breakdown.

From the Record Eagle newspaper:

"Schendel said a search of her phone records revealed Quintal’s call to her friend was the third she tried to make."

Surely they can research and find who the other two calls were to. That would give a big boost to the investigation. It also, for me in MOO, changes my idea of what happened from her really being under fire into her having a breakdown/staging something. MOO.
LE knows who the other calls were made to.

Photos look like two different cabins. One is beige, the other is white. The pitch of the roofs is different, as well. Not sure if it was mentioned in media or by someone here who knows Adrienne/family, but I recall that the family has two cabins in Honor, MI.
The photos here are of two different cabins; both family owned but the white one is the one that Adrienne stayed in. The other is her uncles and he and her cousins typically use that one.

It is interesting if you try to think about a chain of events. We know she made a phone call, possibly from the roof. Presumably at that point she has a gun, a phone and boots. But, for some reason she leaves the roof, only taking the gun with her. Now, in my opinion, this would be the the one thing that an abductor wouldn't let her take. Likewise, if there actually was no threat, why didn't she take the boots or phone if she was planning on vacating the home?

I still at a loss as to why we have heard nothing from the boyfriend and why he is being uncooperative. I'd love to know some details about their relationship, like how long they've been together? I can see a situation where they had a fight and he left for a few days. He returns but she wants no part of him, and maybe she fires some warning shots to show she is serious. He gains control and decides to get rid of her. He forces her to make the call, then drives to another location. The fact that she did not reach out to him when she felt she was in danger leads me to believe that he may have been the threat. He couldn't just kill her because he was the last to see her in a remote area. The call, no matter if its real or not, will always work as a defence for him. Almost a perfect crime. I'm sure that LE will be going through camera footage from near where he lives trying to catch a glimpse of his vehicle leaving and returning.

There is always the possibility that this guy had nothing to do with it though. Perhaps the relationship was new? Or maybe he's said all he knows yet he feels the police continue to press for information that doesn't exist. Its a weird case, and having a lawyer to look out for you isn't a bad thing. Presumably the lawyer would have told him to keep a low profile and stay out of the spotlight.

Bottom line, I still think the BF was involved but I wouldn't be surprised if AQ simply smoked too much weed and started hallucinating. My last theory would involve depression and suicide, with AQ disguising it as an abduction.

bumping for Ada and those who truly love her...

Not sure what to do with the latest info. I'd go on the roof if it was about cell reception. But the rest?

Letting the facts speak and following Occam's Razor...
The quest
bumping for Ada and those who truly love her...

Not sure what to do with the latest info. I'd go on the roof if it was about cell reception. But the rest?

Letting the facts speak and following Occam's Razor...
The question is if you would go out on the roof if you believed that someone was shooting at the house?

The quest

The question is if you would go out on the roof if you believed that someone was shooting at the house?
Maybe, if I could literally lay low and make a call for help. Sitting duck otherwise, I'd have to try something.

Too much weed? I don't want to derail this thread but unless it was laced, IMO this can be put to rest. Something else maybe but not MJ. (not saying I have a theory, still letting the facts speak...)

The quest

I've been in several gunfights when I worked on the West Side of Chicago in Loss Prevention (we were armed). Gunfights are FAST - before you know it you've just had 6 bullets fly past your head... I had a lot of 'street smarts' and still found gunfights to be seriously challenging - I cannot imagine someone who has never experienced that suddenly being in the position to have to engage someone in a gun battle. Her adrenaline was pumping, she was frightened, guns are very loud (when you're not wearing ear protection), the flash at night can leave you a little disoriented, etc. Who knows why she was on the roof, but suffice to say either she thought she'd be safe there, have a good shot from that vantage point, was forced there, etc... Personally, I would not judge her motives in this regard.

Will be interesting to know more details about that too. Were they all to different people? Were voice messages left? How long between calls?

I would like to know this too. In the absence of any voicemails, I remain unconvinced Ada ever made those calls.

IMO someone else was at her cabin that night and used her phone as an alibi. Still curious if there’s any connection between her boyfriend and the family friend.

MOO.

No info released by L.E . Insider 's waiting to be verified also. weeks now. Cabff, Pajamaqueen?

It doesn't take this long for people to become verified once the process has started. I doubt we're going to get insiders on this case. I think that ship has sailed.

It's very cold and much too snowy for cadaver dog searches. Hunting season starts this weekend, so maybe folks who venture up north will find something related to AQ's disappearance.

Last edited:
I am confused. Is she involved with gangs somehow?

If so, she may have staged a scene to get away to some kind of safer life

Thats good to know. So the spot where she would go on the roof is right in front of that window?
I think the she supposedly climbed on the roof through a back window. Not sure if she would be visible by someone standing in front of the house, the side where the window with bullet holes is located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam