CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Now-CBI Agent Chris Adams was recalled. He said the landfill search yielded nothing. He says he learned about a month ago that Evraz Steel and a steel trash can (from the burn at Frazee’s ranch) were important. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:07 AM - 13 Nov 2019

We’ve heard from some of her fellow flight instructors. They knew Kelsey to be quiet, private, sweet and someone that loved being a mom. All said they never smelled or saw any signs of her struggling with drugs/alcohol. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:05 AM - 13 Nov 2019

They also testify Patrick Frazee was listed as the beneficiary on Kelsey Berreth’s life insurance. Doss had just been bought around Nov. 2018, which caused employees to have to re-enroll for benefits. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Some morning highlights: - Doss Aviation HR employees have taken the stand. They say Berreth was switching from FT to PT in November. That’s why she was losing health benefits for her and her daughter. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:03 AM - 13 Nov 2019

@AshleyKKTV
Other witnesses also testified that #PatrickFrazee told them #KelseyBerreth was abusing their daughter. Both coworkers noted they never saw any sort of abusive marks on Kaylee, and that Kelsey loved being a mother. @KKTV11News

9:06 AM - 13 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco‏Verified account @AshleyKKTV
Both coworkers were asked if they ever noticed #KelseyBerreth to have a drug or alcohol problem. Both said no. In fact, one stated Kelsey never drank when they went out. According to other witnesses #PatrickFrazee told them Kelsey had an alcohol problem. @KKTV11News

Another coworker said he had dinner with #KelseyBerreth on Nov 20 and said she was her normal happy self. @KKTV11News #PatrickFrazee

One remembers her as quiet and private but very sweet. The coworker added #KelseyBerreth loved being a mom and Kaylee was always a happy baby. @KKTV11News #PatrickFrazee

Things are moving quickly today. We’ve heard from a lot of witnesses. Most noteably several coworkers of #KelseyBerreth. @KKTV11News

9:02 AM - 13 Nov 2019

I GIVE UP.

I give up on reading all the messages. I don’t know how any of you can keep up, let alone participate!

It does give me another reason to be thankful CW pled and didn’t drag SW and family through a trial. I’ve never followed a trial on WS before this one, and now I understand how truly horrible it would have been for the Rzuceks.

Dang it PF. As if you didn’t sicken me enough, you managed to put CW in a better light.

*back to furiously reading*

Laughed at "back to furiously reading"... i am in same boat... Thank you for that laugh. I needed it. :)

I hear you. I also think there's some code of the west in that scenario. I think it also explains how SF can show up and sit in the courthouse foyer daily. Local folks may be disgusted by her but they're not going to say any more to her than acknowledge her with a nod. I can't imagine SF sitting in our courthouse -- security would have removed her a week ago as a public threat (subject of) due to public reaction. MOO
It is really kind of pitiful isn't it? Sitting there, day after day, the subject of gossip and speculation, an older, rougher version of KK, used and abused by PF too, promises made, promises broken...but still she waits. Sad. MOO

Lance Benzel‏ @lancebenzel
Testimony is expected to continue this afternoon. Check back in at lunch for updates on Day 8 of testimony at #PatrickFrazee trial. #KelseyBerreth @csgazette

9:04 AM - 13 Nov 2019

A former co-worker of #KelseyBerreth’s, Robert Hill III, said Berreth once confided in him about a fight with #PatrickFrazee, but didn’t mention serious discord with Frazee. “I thought that he was her husband,” he told the jury.

9:04 AM - 13 Nov 2019

Sharpe said #KelseyBerreth talked of #PatrickFrazee constantly, and it was clear they were together. “She talked to him almost every night on the phone.” @csgazette

“I can tell if they haven’t done their laundry for three days,” Sharp said.

She didn’t smell of alcohol at work, and if she had, her students on a small plane would know about it, said fellow flight instructor Carolyn Sharp. Quarters are so tight you can “tell what somebody had for breakfast.” @csgazette

Prosecutors this morning pivoted to teasing out a potential motive for #PatrickFrazee, who is on trial for first-degree murder, while also batting down claims he made that #KelseyBerreth was an unfit mother who abused drugs and alcohol. @csgazette

9:01 AM - 13 Nov 2019

UPDATE: #PatrickFrazee, the Florissant rancher accused in the murder of #KelseyBerreth, was also the beneficiary of her life insurance policy. This from an ex-human resources official at Berreth’s former employer, Doss Aviation. @csgazette

9:01 AM - 13 Nov 2019

BBM:

It's utterly devastating.

First, the B's have to deal with the devastating loss of their daughter.

Then, they have to deal with the devastating details of how she died, and what she suffered at the hands of that evil monsters, and the gross indignities to which her remains were subjected.

And now, they're being forced to deal with the devastating knowledge that there were many, many, many people in PF's orbit who heard him reference his desire and/or intent to harm KB, and not one of them lifted so much as a pinky finger to intervene.

The lack of humanity we're seeing from so many supposed human beings here is horrifying.

Such apathy...it's sickening.
It's beyond imagining how the B's must feel hearing witness after witness recount their awareness of PF's malevolent intent toward KB.

No one should have to deal with so much devastation in their lives.
Least of all good, decent people like the B's.

No one should have to deal with the pain and devastation of being beaten to death with a baseball bat.
KB lost her LIFE.
Her last moments on earth were filled with excruciating agony and terror.

The fact that PF faces only the prospect of LWOP, despite having wreaked all this devastation and ruination upon the entire B family, is infuriating.

I wish Teller County was in Texas.

JMO.

Yeah. That really stands out about this case. The volume of people who did not care about human life.

It’s super sad.

Now-CBI Agent Chris Adams was recalled. He said the landfill search yielded nothing. He says he learned about a month ago that Evraz Steel and a steel trash can (from the burn at Frazee’s ranch) were important. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:07 AM - 13 Nov 2019

snipped

Some morning highlights: - Doss Aviation HR employees have taken the stand. They say Berreth was switching from FT to PT in November. That’s why she was losing health benefits for her and her daughter. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Well well well - yet another motive IMO - he didn't want to share the baby with a part time mommy.
JMO

I think this is different than just spoiling, though. My mom spoils my kids too (and they're lovely kiddos with great empathy and values as I'm sure your gkids are too!)

I think it's a weird combination of being a super overbearing parent to the point where the child almost feels he has no identity or moral core of his own, and the entitlement and belief that he is truly the most special child in all the world because the parent says so, and having his parent/s erase all the consequences of his negative actions. Resulting in a capital N Narcissist adult who has no empathy, no moral center, and believes other people are his possessions to serve him as he pleases like he did for mommy. And he will get away with it all, because he always has.

Until suddenly he does something so bad his family can't make it go away. But they will always defend him and basically act like he had every right to kill that lady who was no longer serving his purposes and was never good enough for him anyway because she took his attention away from mommy.

As other posters have said, we've seen it with Scott Peterson, Chris Watts, now PF, and I'm sure lots of others. (Including my ex-husband... but that's a story for another day. Lol. And not lol.)
True. Having no consequences helps create that for sure.
Also a profiler, John Kelly,* on YouTube says that a lot of murderers have no (or little) connection to the parent of the same gender.
*I can't confirm Mr Kelly's credentials. Sorry.

More prejudicial than probative is actually a rare objection to be sustained. It has to do with things like beating a cow to death with a baseball bat. That would also be impermissible character evidence.

This witness comes in because she helps establish the timeline and mindset of the accused around the time of the murder and shortly after. It’s allowable.

I have to quote myself because I’m embarrassed by my earlier typos. I’ve now corrected them. I was in a hurry!! “Probative” not “privatice” whatever that is. And “impermissible” not “impressive”!

Well this will be interesting - how will the company handle the pay-out? Listed beneficiaries on life insurance policies are very difficult to overturn - wonder what has become of this?
Wrongful death suit will intervene as will the criminal investigation (underwriter's hold). No chance if he's convicted. MOO

There is just so much interesting timing in all of this new info this morning. Doss was just bought around Nov 2018 causing employees to re-enroll for benefits, PF was listed as beneficiary of life insurance through Doss, Kelsey was going to switch from full time to part time loosing health benefits for her & baby K....hmmmm.....

OMG! He was the beneficiary on her life insurance policy! And here's the confirmation that she was switching to part-time. I remember some earlier discussion about that.

Considering that PF made these comments to Donahue, I think it's important to know what else he said to her:

“We didn’t discuss her a lot, but he would never say anything kind about her,” Donahue told the court.

She [Donahue] said she called a tip in for the case, saying Frazee told her Berreth took off shortly after their daughter was born and that Frazee described Berreth as absolutely crazy.

Given that PF lied about everything he said to this woman -- why believe this story....

MOO
When you think about all of this, it is just mind boggling, all the things he made up about Kelsey, and she didn't know a thing he said about her. This breaks my heart for her- she was trying so hard to make this relationship work, and instead, he just back stabbed her, made up lies, plotted her death literally in front of people.

I am keeping in mind, that these people never talked to one another or knew each other. Perhaps if they did, and they got to talking about Kelsey, it might have dawned on them that something was wrong with him. He managed to charm many women somehow (gag) and it appears he was able to do the same with the men- the ones who mentioned him being like a son or step son. Perhaps he was, in their eyes, a great worker and dependable, he may have seemed like a decent bloke letting off steam, so to speak, and they probably didn't think he would really hurt her. He did take the baby with him to work, so it looked to them, like he was perhaps a stressed out father, trying to work and take care of a baby at the same time. Naturally, many folks would be sympathetic to his plight- it wouldn't be easy for any parent to work and take care of a wee one at the same time.

Individually, he was telling people different things- lying to one about her being an alcoholic, telling another about her health care for Baby K being cancelled- no way, DOSS told him that, he told Krystal several lies about abuse, another she was bi-polar, another that she didn't want to be a mother, another that she took off before, she was an alcoholic, she was in rehab, he was filing for custody, etc.

So between Kelsey and Krystal, he fathered three children- one was a miscarriage, one was aborted, and Baby K. Within a short period of time, mind you. I'm taking it that this guy was day dreaming about horses and dogs during sex ed class, as it didn't occur to him that he just might want to use birth control or make sure the women were as well.

It makes me wonder how many other women out there he may have impregnated- I can't blame any of them for not coming forward, if there are any. I just don't think that his behavior is recent.

I also don't think he wanted custody of Baby K, but as others have said, he used her to woo over the ladies, they saw him as a loving father and a good guy, not knowing he was the devil in disguise.

Poor Kelsey, she just had no clue at all about Patrick and how devious and cruel he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans