GUILTY UK - Blake, 14 & Tristan Barrass, 13, dead, 4 hospitalized, Sheffield, May 2019 *Arrests*

i don't mind its not a life tariff
realistically, they will never walk free, no parole board will let that happen, not with the details of this case being so horrific

so let them have false hope and experience disappointment after disappointment when they realise they won't ever be free
I do mind. For the sake of their children, who should be able to live the rest of their lives with absolute confidence that their vile parents will never be free to find them.

Almost unbelievable case.

Another of SB's brothers is talking to the press:

[QUOTE
The brother of a woman who murdered two of her sons today slams her as an “evil psychopath” – and reveals he warned officials a DECADE ago that the boys were in danger.

Grieving Martyn Barrass tells the Sunday People how his sister Sarah and her co-killer Brandon Machin – a family member – were drawn together by the gruesome and the macabre.
They gorged on horror movies, killed pet mice and eventually turned their brutality on Barrass’s innocent sons Tristan, 13, and Blake, 14.
][/QUOTE]

“Those two have been evil since birth. They are both as bad as each other, they are both murdering, evil psychopaths.

“I witnessed Brandon’s violence towards Blake years ago and I knew something wasn’t right. I visited them when Tristan was still in his pushchair and Blake was only a toddler – he must have been three or four."

Facebook post of evil mum who killed sons saying "Murder is like potato crisps"

I have read all posts and it's just awful.. R.I.P Blake and Tristan. You deserved so much more. For the rest of the little ones.. I hope to god you can rebuild your lifes and are loved so much.. most of all I hope your all together I've wanted to become a social worker.. investigator.. lol dont actually know the name but for a long time now I've wanted to do this and not let children down as there is too much of this happening. I cant fund a course to get a qualification for this.. anyone here know of anything I could do to progress to that.. i have my basic GCSE levels.. my background is payroll so not much to offer without some qualification, but would love to save these children that are in the wrong place. I'm 40 nearly .. time to try do what I've always wanted x

Last edited:
I have read all posts and it's just awful.. R.I.P Blake and Tristan. You deserved so much more. For the rest of the little ones.. I hope to god you can rebuild your lifes and are loved so much.. most of all I hope your all together I've wanted to become a social worker.. investigator.. lol dont actually know the name but for a long time now I've wanted to do this and not let children down as there is too much of this happening. I cant fund a course to get a qualification for this.. anyone here know of anything I could do to progress to that.. i have my basic GCSE levels.. my background is payroll so not much to offer without some qualification, but would love to save these children that are in the wrong place. I'm 40 nearly .. time to try do what I've always wanted x

Unfortunately social workers seem to be restrained by management and budget and even those that want to change things for children have little power or funding to be able to do so.

I'm sure there are some amazing social workers in child protection that try their very best for the children they are looking out for but on the flip side if the local authority I work for is any indication (I'm not in social care but do work quite closely with them at times) they are under staffed, poorly managed, high case loads and have very little power to do very much at all.

Huge turnover of staff, more agency workers than permanent staff so no consistency to case loads and a pretty grim job unless you are made of pretty tough stuff.

I'm sure most of us would like to make the world a better place for kids like these but I think reality would be very frustrating.

If I was in a position to change a childs life I think I would become a foster parent (it is on my agenda for the future for sure) at the moment I want to give my own child the best I possibly can but in a few years when she is at college and making her own way in life I will be looking into it.

Foster parents can have a massive impact on a childs life and I think while difficult it would be rewarding.

Oh Christ that’s even worse!

Imagine being the poor police officers having to deal with that scene and also having to process the sheer bizarreness of a child saying their dad died in WW2. Could they not have told them to say Iraq or something slightly more believable?

This is one of those bonkers and totally horrible cases that will haunt me.

I doubt it's what they told them to say, more so that it's what they told the children and the kids believed and repeated it.

If you want to be a social worker then you'll need to go to uni and it's really not as daunting as you think. Foundation year then 3 year degree, it flies by.

But, if you really don't want to go to uni but want to make a difference - get involved in local youth services, volunteer in a school.

If you want to be a social worker then you'll need to go to uni and it's really not as daunting as you think. Foundation year then 3 year degree, it flies by.

But, if you really don't want to go to uni but want to make a difference - get involved in local youth services, volunteer in a school.

This. Being that trusted adult in a kid's life can make a huge difference, especially if their home life is difficult.

The kids believing their father died in WW2 baffles me. Blake and Tristan will definitely have covered WW2 in school; I would imagine the next two eldest did too. Did they never mention their dad 'dying in WW2' to their teachers? And if so was it corrected or addressed?

This. Being that trusted adult in a kid's life can make a huge difference, especially if their home life is difficult.

The kids believing their father died in WW2 baffles me. Blake and Tristan will definitely have covered WW2 in school; I would imagine the next two eldest did too. Did they never mention their dad 'dying in WW2' to their teachers? And if so was it corrected or addressed?

Maybe they didn't mention it because they knew it was a lie and didn't want to get mum into trouble. They sound like decent children, god knows how being brought up by them two.

She might not have been that specific. I could imagine her telling them that he died "in the war". Many people still associate the phrase with WW2.

Didn’t he (Brandon) live with them then? Did he only appear long enough to “father” another child and then leave again?

One of the strangest things about this is how she pushed the children into the spotlight with their charity work. You would have thought the family would have wanted to keep a low profile and fly under the radar. Surely people knew that S and B were related and that he was the childrens’ father. I just can’t get my head around why nothing was done for these poor boys.

Didn’t he (Brandon) live with them then? Did he only appear long enough to “father” another child and then leave again?

One of the strangest things about this is how she pushed the children into the spotlight with their charity work. You would have thought the family would have wanted to keep a low profile and fly under the radar. Surely people knew that S and B were related and that he was the childrens’ father. I just can’t get my head around why nothing was done for these poor boys.

I read through her Facebook page before it was taken down: it gave the impression of someone who was a massive attention seeker. Didn't she also ring the police too?

Confused. Wouldn't she have to provide the father's name after the birth of each child? Or did she just put six times "unknown"? :confused:

Did she have them all in the same hospital? Did the community midwife/health visitor not flag up that she was giving birth multiple times with no visible support? Even before she was a murderer, surely this family were vulnerable.

No doubt tax payers will be funding yet another serious case review to tell us what should have been done years ago. Maybe one day children in this country will actually be protected by the agencies that are set up to “safeguard” them. Maybe those agencies will learn how to actually communicate with each other effectively before tragedies happen, instead of at case reviews :rolleyes:.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back