The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The IRA disbanded after the Good Friday Agreement. While there are splinter groups, I have not heard of any bombs to do with Irish Republicans on UK soil since Omagh in '98 and I think the last one on mainland UK was in '96

There are ISIS threats definitely and other groups but the IRA ceased being a threat in the mid 90's
My point was you cant live in fear, just need to watch your surroundings. They will be fine in LA with her mom. Their mental health issues do not need them holed up at Windsor.

My point was you cant live in fear, just need to watch your surroundings. They will be fine in LA with her mom. Their mental health issues do not need them holed up at Windsor.

Mental health issues? I hardly call their discussing what they feel anything that other people do not talk about. New mothers have all kinds of things they are overwhelmed with. Hormones are involved.

Harry has had lots of mental health help, according to him. They are hardly ho,ed up at Windsor.

Meghan and Harry have been open about a lot of things, just as Diana was

I wonder if they will be staying at her house for 6 weeks. I have a feeling they are going to find US paparazzi much more intrusive than those they face anywhere else in the world.
Yes but she will be on her own turf. Remember she embraced the media during her baby shower in NY.

Did anyone else hear the BBC News piece about Sarah Ferguson visiting Saudi Arabia today?

It was positively bizarre. She is one of the few people showing up for a conference, supposedly because of her “love of horses” and she wants to ride a white Arabian stallion to remote Saudi villages to provide primary medical care.

She sounded even more stupid than she usually does. Clearly SA would be paying her to show up there. What on earth she thinks she is doing with primary medical care in SA is beyond me.

SA is undergoing a massive PR campaign to bring in westerrners. Paying influencers and making promotional videos with young travelers to gloss over the constant abuse of human rights.

As if the world will ignore the state-sponsored assassination of Jamal Khassoggi, the women who are still imprisoned for demaning equal rights for women, and the slavery and abuse of foreign domestic workers .

Ferguson should be ashamed for selling out like this

Mental health issues? I hardly call their discussing what they feel anything that other people do not talk about. New mothers have all kinds of things they are overwhelmed with. Hormones are involved.

Harry has had lots of mental health help, according to him. They are hardly ho,ed up at Windsor.

Meghan and Harry have been open about a lot of things, just as Diana was
Mental health issues is not a bad term. They just need to keep to themselves and sort their matters out in private.

I wonder if they will be staying at her house for 6 weeks. I have a feeling they are going to find US paparazzi much more intrusive than those they face anywhere else in the world.

Gardenista, I think it will be much more friendly, though, and they will love it! Americans LOVE celebs, and aren't paying for it!

Yes but she will be on her own turf. Remember she embraced the media during her baby shower in NY.

That was when it all started to go wrong. She lost a few fans this side of the pond when that trip was splashed all over the tabloids flaunting all the dollar signs. Britain did a collective "uh-ohhhh".

The rumor is that Oprah and Ellen had both offered to host them for the visit

That makes sense because it's hard to imagine them living in a place with little privacy for 6 weeks. I hope it's wrong though because I'd like to see tons of photos.

I don't blame them. The British press have been horrible and the weather's crap. I'd definitely stick twos up to the UK and head for some Cali sunshine if I were them!
Other articles say not LA so perhaps her mom will join them elsewhere here in the States.

Think they have a number of friends in secure gated LA community, or, I suspect they’ll rent a secure house for a month or so. —With a beautiful view, of course.

Been in love with this man since 1997, I can't imagine that will change any time soon ;-)

ETA : CentrepointUK 50th Anniversary Gala, this evening.

Attachments

• IMG_20191113_205754.jpg
    IMG_20191113_205754.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 59
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will not join the Queen for Christmas, The Sun reports.

They have chosen to spend baby Archie’s first festive season away from Sandringham.

The Sussexes could stay at home in Windsor or travel abroad to be with Meghan’s mum Doria Ragland.

A source said the couple — parents to six-month-old Archie — “needed to recharge their batteries”.
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and baby Archie will spend Christmas alone

Kate & William have spent Christmas with Kate’s family so why is this so different for Megan & Harry to spend it with Doria?
My hunch is their Christmas in the USA will not be such a low key ‘family’ event.
Imagine the entourage tagging along.
UK have your wallets ready. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members