Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
11:10am - After a short break in the police interview, the accused describes to Det Settle what he did after finding Millane on the floor. He says he was in a state of "shock".

"I realised she was not alive".

The accused says he purchased a suitcase from The Warehouse. When he got back to the hotel, he says he considered taking his own life.

He tried to place Millane in a suitcase. He says he struggled with this as "it didn’t seem right".

He says he left her hanging half out of the bag.

After going to purchase cleaning products and meeting someone at the Revelry Bar in Ponsonby, where he consumed alcohol, he eventually got Grace into the suitcase and then into his car.

The next day he says he drove to the Waitakere Ranges with Grace's body in the suitcase.

He dug a hole in the bush in which he put the suitcase in. He says he again wanted to take his own life.

"I didn’t want to be around if Grace wasn’t there. I didn’t feel I deserved to be around because of what happened."

"I was in shock, I didn't know what to do," he said. "I took a whole heap of tablets that I had. I realised she wasn't alive and I just wanted to end it all."

We know what he did based on his p**n searches and taking closeups pics of her body parts
Nice try dude

And why does he keep referring to the ponsonby woman as a friend? First he calls her a work mate, and then a friend. He's never met her. She's another tinder stranger. And by the time of this interview she'd made it clear to him she wanted to keep it that way!

In all likelihood he probably doesn't have any real friends ... just associates. He's a pathological liar as well as something else not quite right - delusions of something (friendships, popularity ...). All IMO.

In all likelihood he probably doesn't have any real friends ... just associates. He's a pathological liar as well as something else not quite right - delusions of something (friendships, popularity ...). All IMO.
I thought the same. All his spare time he’s just on tinder arranging dates. I honestly think he’s got no pals

"When you came out of the shower, you didn't look around [the room]?" Detective Sergeant Ewan Settle asks the accused.

"No, I was quite intoxicated. I just wanted to go to bed," the defendant responds.

Settle continues: "So, the light's been on in the shower, you've turned the light off. You don't look around but your assumption is ... ?"

"... that she had gone, that she had left. I know it sounds bad but I've done it on more than one occasion when people have just left," the accused says.

Settle asks why the accused didn't consider calling for an ambulance when he realised he couldn't resuscitate Grace.

"I dialled 111 but I didn't hit the button because I was scared of how bad it looked.

"There was a dead person in my room, I thought it looked terrible and I was in shock that it had happened," he answered.

I've been holding off posting this, but will as it's an interesting bit of information.

About a year ago I enquired about a long-term stay at City Life Auckland as I was finding it hard to secure a decent apartment within walking distance to where I needed to be (a work/contract assignment). The cost quoted to me for one of their basic studio rooms was $900/week, which was completely out of the question for me by the time I added in airfares back home every week. The stay was going to be six months; even so, they wouldn't budge on that (the $900/week was the 'best deal'). Before we even talked $, they wanted to do some background research into me to make sure I wasn't bluffing and to know exactly what I was doing up there for that period (probably to cover themselves against unsavoury types using the room for goodness knows what), plus they said they'd require a significant deposit upfront via credit card, which would have been fine had the amount been a little more reasonable. (In the end, I went to an alternative establishment who followed the same procedure but were more than happy to lower the rate).

I haven't seen it reported how long the accused was residing at City Life, but even if it was just a couple of nights, it's definitely not something that many could afford. (Nightly rates are upwards of $200). It's not the flashiest of establishments, but it's smart ... smart business. So the question has to be asked, where did the money come from to fund his stay? We know from media reports that he lived rent-free at a Wellington guesthouse, saying he was awaiting funds from the Black Sox (NZ's national softball team), which proved to be lies - they'd never heard of him. So had he somehow conned those at City Life in a similar way? He also had the means to go out and hire a rental car which isn't cheap ... and is usually done via credit card.

I really hope they probe further into his financial background and dealings, because he was living life like a trust fund baby (that'll probably be the next tale he spins).

11:41 - Det Settle asks the accused to expand on what happened during sex. He says she asked him to be more vigorous, which he complied with.

The accused also gives more detail about finding Grace.

He says she was lying face up on the ground. He tried to wake her up by shaking her. He also listened to hear if she was breathing. The accused describes the body as "cold".

During this, there was very little light in the room. He couldn’t see if she had any injuries.

The accused tells Det Settle that he dialled 111, but didn’t hit go.

"I was scared how bad it looked. There is a dead person in my room. I thought it looked terrible. I was in utter shock that that had happened".

He tells Det Settle that he tried to dab up blood on the floor next to the bed. He also cleaned parts where he found spots of blood.

The court has now stopped for a short break.

I've been holding off posting this, but will as it's an interesting bit of information.

About a year ago I enquired about a long-term stay at City Life Auckland as I was finding it hard to secure a decent apartment within walking distance to where I needed to be (a work/contract assignment). The cost quoted to me for one of their basic studio rooms was $900/week, which was completely out of the question for me by the time I added in airfares back home every week. The stay was going to be six months; even so, they wouldn't budge on that (the $900/week was the 'best deal'). Before we even talked $, they wanted to do some background research into me to make sure I wasn't bluffing and to know exactly what I was doing up there for that period (probably to cover themselves against unsavoury types using the room for goodness knows what), plus they said they'd require a significant deposit upfront via credit card, which would have been fine had the amount been a little more reasonable. (In the end, I went to an alternative establishment who followed the same procedure but were more than happy to lower the rate).

I haven't seen it reported how long the accused was residing at City Life, but even if it was just a couple of nights, it's definitely not something that many could afford. (Nightly rates are upwards of $200). It's not the flashiest of establishments, but it's smart ... smart business. So the question has to be asked, where did the money come from to fund his stay? We know from media reports that he lived rent-free at a Wellington guesthouse, saying he was awaiting funds from the Black Sox (NZ's national softball team), which proved to be lies - they'd never heard of him. So had he somehow conned those at City Life in a similar way? He also had the means to go out and hire a rental car which isn't cheap ... and is usually done via credit card.

I really hope they probe further into his financial background and dealings, because he was living life like a trust fund baby (that'll probably be the next tale he spins).

I am sure I read that one of his previous dates who had gone to his room had went the month prior - therefore it looks like at least one month / 30 days. So to spend $3.6k?!?

“You said you didn’t know what to do, why did you purchase a suitcase?” Detective Sergeant Settle asks the accused.

“Because I was freaking out.”

"Then you went to buy cleaning products?"

"Yes."

Settle then confirmed more details with the accused about the events that followed.

It was confirmed the defendant met a friend in Revelry bar in Ponsonby, he hired a car and that put Grace's body in a grey suitcase he bought at the Warehouse store.

He put the suitcase in the boot of his hire car and parked the car in a Wilson car park, near the CityLife hotel where he lived, overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa