GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows what the factory kitchen is like from where a store buys the muffins? Or how old the muffins are after being delivered in a truck?

are there not rules for commercial kitchens and sell by dates?

are there not rules for commercial kitchens and sell by dates?

The point was someone criticized Felicity Huffman for baking muffins (cupcakes?) at home instead of buying them at the store because her kitchen standards might be unsanitary. More unsanitary than a store.
I was disagreeing. I think baking at home is a nice gesture and that the quality is the same or better than, say, the grocery where muffins are shipped in on trucks and can sit around for days ect.....

The point was someone criticized Felicity Huffman for baking muffins (cupcakes?) at home instead of buying them at the store because her kitchen standards might be unsanitary. More unsanitary than a store.
I was disagreeing. I think baking at home is a nice gesture and that the quality is the same or better than, say, the grocery where muffins are shipped in on trucks and can sit around for days ect.....

Yes, and she can take 10 more hours off of her community service hours. She counts the time to find a recipe, go to the store, bring items in the house, assemble items, bake recipe, clean kitchen, prep items to take to charity, count every single second in the car for transportation, parking, and walking in.

I have read so many of these, they document the time to the second. There is no point in discussing it, and their concept of "time", because these folks just don't "get it". Community service is something for them to complete, not actually think about helping others.

Yes, and she can take 10 more hours off of her community service hours. She counts the time to find a recipe, go to the store, bring items in the house, assemble items, bake recipe, clean kitchen, prep items to take to charity, count every single second in the car for transportation, parking, and walking in.

I have read so many of these, they document the time to the second. There is no point in discussing it, and their concept of "time", because these folks just don't "get it". Community service is something for them to complete, not actually think about helping others.

I've done community service and no, you can only count the time you are actually in the community service building--wherever the community service is. There is a sign-in sheet, all hours are carefully documented, you sign both in and out.

What you do at home they don't care about. You would get your probation violated if you added on an extra hour because you baked muffins at home.

I've done community service and no, you can only count the time you are actually in the community service building--wherever the community service is. There is a sign-in sheet, all hours are carefully documented, you sign both in and out.

What you do at home they don't care about. You would get your probation violated if you added on an extra hour because you baked muffins at home.

Different places, have different rules. Community service is not the same every where. Some places are far more liberal and flexible with "certain" high maintenance folks. It isn't worth it to nickel and dime them for each and every second.

a
Different places, have different rules. Community service is not the same every where. Some places are far more liberal and flexible with "certain" high maintenance folks. It isn't worth it to nickel and dime them for each and every second.
Every community service place has a director/volunteers who are extremely passionate and very serious about the program they are running and if some celebrity came in and tried to skate by on their service hours the director/volunteers would be livid and offended, the other community service workers would complain, maybe someone would run to the tabloids over unfair favortism. Basically all heck would break loose. Felicity is being watched like a hawk and no one will just let her skate by from doing every minute of her 250 hours. Opinion.

Last edited:

I said it. She can go to a designer bakery. I am sure there are plenty. And no one knows what standards she has.

i would really like some of these people who fight things with aggressive P/R statements to defend themselves on "none of this happened" or "they have the completely wrong person" than lawyering up and challenging technicalites (note that this hasn't happened yet but i see it time and time again)

If Lori pleads guilty before her January pretrial hearing, “a recommendation of 10 years in prison would be made to the judge,” the insider tell Us. But that would entail Loughlin testifying against her husband, which she “refuses” to do. Adds the source, “The stress is only mounting.”

Loughlin debated entering a guilty plea, but “Lori turned the corner and backed out of considering a guilty plea due to her husband’s insistence,” the source said.

Lori Loughlin’s ‘Stress Is Only Mounting’ Ahead of Pretrial Hearing

If Lori pleads guilty before her January pretrial hearing, “a recommendation of 10 years in prison would be made to the judge,” the insider tell Us. But that would entail Loughlin testifying against her husband, which she “refuses” to do. Adds the source, “The stress is only mounting.”

Loughlin debated entering a guilty plea, but “Lori turned the corner and backed out of considering a guilty plea due to her husband’s insistence,” the source said.

Lori Loughlin’s ‘Stress Is Only Mounting’ Ahead of Pretrial Hearing
10 years? No way. The probation department makes a determination, that's why Huffman got so little time. They did not find that anyone suffered a loss because of her crime.

Even parents who committed Loughlin's crime were not found to have caused anyone a loss, thus, the probation department has recommended lighter sentences than the Feds wanted.

My concern about Laurie going to trial is if the Jury could be fair. I think alot of Jurors would want to put someone as entitled and arrogant as her in "her place."

I think a regular Joe or Jane would have a better chance at trial. Opinion.

Why Parents in the College-Admissions Scandal May Get Light Sentences

"...The federal probation office, which consults judges on sentencings, has found no financial loss for any parties so far, according to a recent letter Massachusetts U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling sent to Judge Indira Talwani last month.

Recommendations from the probation office are generally respected by prosecutors and defense attorneys..."

10 years? No way. The probation department makes a determination, that's why Huffman got so little time. They did not find that anyone suffered a loss because of her crime.

Even parents who committed Loughlin's crime were not found to have caused anyone a loss, thus, the probation department has recommended lighter sentences than the Feds wanted.

My concern about Laurie going to trial is if the Jury could be fair. I think alot of Jurors would want to put someone as entitled and arrogant as her in "her place."

I think a regular Joe or Jane would have a better chance at trial. Opinion.

Why Parents in the College-Admissions Scandal May Get Light Sentences

"...The federal probation office, which consults judges on sentencings, has found no financial loss for any parties so far, according to a recent letter Massachusetts U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling sent to Judge Indira Talwani last month.

Recommendations from the probation office are generally respected by prosecutors and defense attorneys..."

Ohio Mom Imprisoned for Falsifying Kids' School District Speaks Out on Felicity Huffman's Sentence

Huffman got little time because she was one of the first parents to plead guilty. M & L and a handful of other parents are pleading NOT guilty and I hope the judge and jury throw the book at them for dragging it out. Clearly, they are all guilty.

Igor Dvorskiy, a former test administrator, pleaded guilty in a federal court in Boston today to one count of conspiracy to commit racketeering.

Dvorskiy, 53, was allegedly paid $10,000 per student to allow cheating on college entrance exams taken at a Los Angeles school, either by letting Harvard alumnus Mark Riddell, 36, take the SAT or ACT himself or by replacing students' answer sheets with ones provided by Riddell.

Prosecutors said Dvorskiy accepted nearly $200,000 in bribes for 20 students.

He faced 20 years in prison if found guilty at a trial, but prosecutors will ask a federal judge to give Dvorskiy only two years.

Former SAT/ACT test administrator pleads guilty in college admissions scandal

He is scheduled to be sentenced on Feb. 7, 2020.

Former Test Administrator Pleads Guilty in Admission Scam

NBCNewsRadio
@NBCNewsRadio

Another sentencing is set for today in the #collegeadmissionsscandal. California insurance executive Toby MacFarlane pleaded guilty to fraud after paying nearly a half-million-dollars to get his 2 children into the University of Southern California.

___

Toby MacFarlane's daughter said in her college application essay that on the soccer and lacrosse fields she looked like "a boy amongst girls with my hair tied up, arms sleeveless, and blood and bruises from head to toe."

She never played soccer. She didn't write the essay either. The essay was crafted by William "Rick" Singer and sent to MacFarlane and his daughter. She got into the University of Southern California.

Insurance executive pleads guilty in college admissions scandal

Prosecutors say MacFarlane gave Singer $450,000 to get his son and daughter admitted into USC as star athletes, when neither of them was.

MacFarlane's daughter had never played soccer when she submitted her application to USC in 2013 with an essay that said in part: "My parents have a hard time attending my soccer matches because our opponent's parents are always making rude remarks about that number 8 player who plays without a care for her body or anyone else's on the field. It is true that I can be a bit intense out there on the field."

She was able to graduate from the school before anyone knew of her involvement with Singer.

MacFarlane's son was accepted as a basketball recruit in 2017. His application listed his height at 6 feet, 1 inch, when he was 5 feet, 5 inches tall, and said that he played on the varsity team from 2014 to 2016, even though he only played his senior year.

Last edited:
@ChrisVillani44
Back in court for the sentencing of Toby MacFarlane, an insurance exec who pled guilty to paying $450K to have his son admitted to USC as a fake hoops recruit & his daughter admitted as a fake soccer recruit. #CollegeAdmissionsScandal

@ChrisVillani44
According to the charging documents, MacFarlane's son, who he tried to pass off as a Pac-12 basketball recruit, is 5-foot-5.

@joeygarrison
·I'm back in Boston federal court where Toby MacFarlane, a California insurance co. exec, will be sentenced for paying $450K to get his son and daughter falsely tagged as basketball and soccer recruits, respectively, to get them into @USC. He's before Judge Nathaniel Gorton.

@ChrisVillani44
Judge Gorton breaks with his colleagues and says he will depart upwards in sentencing guidelines. While the other parents faced a maximum of 6 months in prison, MacFarlane faces up to 10 months per Judge Gorton's calculations.

@joeygarrison
MacFarlane will be the 13th parent sentenced in the "Varsity Blues" college admissions scandal. He's the first to go before Gorton for a sentencing, which could add a wrinkle to things. The longest sentence for a parent so far has been 5 months in prison.

Last edited:
BREAKING: Toby MacFarlane receives 6 months in prison, two years of supervised release, and a fine of $150,000 for paying $450,000 to have his two children admitted into USC as fake athletic recruits. This is the longest prison sentence so far in the college admissions scandal.

Joey Garrison on Twitter

Wow, a 5'5" Pac 12 basketball recruit is pretty brazen.

Also pretty good indication of starting sentence guidelines for our proud coxswain parents will fare - particularly insisting on that not guilty plea....

6 months....and the guy pleaded guilty. For fraud. L and M have extra charges right?

He plead guilty to fraud and conspiracy in June.

2014 - MacFarlane paid $200,000 for his daughter to be a phony
three-time “US Club Soccer All American.” She graduated from USC in 2018 and never played on the soccer team.

2017 - MacFarlane then paid another $250,000 to get his son into USC as a phony basketball recruit but he only briefly attended the school and did not play basketball.

Pleading not guilty, $50,000 went to USC athletics official Donna Heinel, into an account she manages.

Prosecutors said he deserved prison time because he used the scam twice and paid more than others (those already sentenced).

Also, MacFarlane claimed the payments as business expenses so he could get tax deductions. After his arrest, he repaid the IRS more than $80,000.

L and M have these charges:

#1) Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud.

#3) Conspiracy to commit money laundering.

#2) Conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery.

And they paid $250,000 for each daughter = $500,000.
Same amount as MacFarlane...Hummm......

Lori Loughlin, Felicity Huffman Charged With Honest Services Fraud -- What Is That? - FindLaw

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli Hit with Money Laundering Charge in New Indictment

Lori Loughlin and husband plead not guilty to bribery charge in college admissions scam - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88