Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
12.20pm

As the video interview continues, Detective Ewen Settle asked the accused where Millane's possession were.

The alleged murderer said he had dumped "everything" in a rubbish bin in Auckland's Albert Park.

"Everything that was in the room," he said.

Settle asked: "Presumably her telephone is in her property in the rubbish bin?"

"Yep," the accused replied.

The detective also asked if the accused was currently employed.

"Nah," he said.

"When did you employment end?"

"Friday," the accused said, referring to the day her matched with Millane on the dating app Tinder.

Settle then mentioned he had a text conversation between Millane and her friend Ameena Ashcroft from the night of December 1.

The accused claimed he told Millane he was a sales manager.

However, in Millane's messages to Ashcroft the accused appears to have mentioned he is an oil company executive.

"Me? No," the accused said. "My uncle works in an oil company."

Settle asked: "Which oil company does he work for?"

The accused replied: "I don't know."

After a break, Settle returns to the interview room and asks if Millane had any injuries.

"Did you inflict any injuries on her?"

The accused replies no.

"Did you kill Grace Millane?"

"No," he said.

"[Accused man], you're under arrest for the murder of Grace Millane," Settle says, before reading him his rights.

In the room is also the accused's legal counsel Ian Brookie.

He asked his client if Millane died while she was in his company.

"Yes," he said.

"Did you intend to cause her death?" Brookie continues.

"No."

Brookie also asks why he is telling the police his version of events.

"Because of her family, because I want her family to know that it wasn't intentional but I also want her family to have closure," the accused said.

"Basically so her family understand that it wasn't an intentional thing."

Grace Millane murder trial: Accused seen on CCTV moving body in suitcase
Omg Hahahaha “ no my uncle is an oil manager” OMG

On average about 20-25 life sentences are handed out in NZ each year. Primarily given for murder, a life sentence can also be for manslaughter though this has only happened once in 40 years! Basically he needs to be found guilty of murder to get a suitably harsh sentence.

The longest minimum period of imprisonment on a sentence of life imprisonment is 30 years. No person in New Zealand has yet been sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole.

Life imprisonment in New Zealand - Wikipedia

Interesting article. Remind you of anyone?

Narcissistic personality disorder
(NPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a long-term pattern of exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack ofempathy toward other people.[2][3] People with NPD often spend much time thinking about achievingpower and success, or on their appearance.[3] Typically, they also take advantage of the people around them.[3] Such narcissistic behavior typically begins by early adulthood, and occurs across a broad range of situations.[3]

Narcissistic personality disorder - Wikipedia

I know, yet 'doesn't know' which he company works for :rolleyes: Alright, mate :rolleyes:
Why would u even mention to a girl on tinder what your uncle does? Like it just wouldn’t come up. What a idiot. I’m so glad his lies are getting found out bit by bit, that it’s plastered all over the news so everyone knows what a complete lying narcissist this guy really is. I’m getting angry thinking of how he’s gonna drag grace’s name through the mud for his defence though. :(

Crown Prosecutor Robin McCoubrey continues to question Detective Sergeant Ewen Settle after the interview tape ends.

He confirms police interviewed the accused on December 6 and 8. The interview on December 8 ended in the evening and the accused had his lawyer present.

McCoubrey asks if police tried to find Grace's personal items, which were dumped by the accused in a bin in Albert Park.

Settle said they did, but three days after the items were dumped the bin was largely empty.

Defence lawyer Ron Mansfield also confirmed the timing of events on December 8 with Settle.

It was confirmed that the defendant was not spoken to by police until his lawyer, Ian Brookie arrived.

"Brookie was able to pass on his instructions on where the body was buried and, as a result, officers were sent there [to the location] to try and locate the body," Mansfield said.

The defendant further cooperated with police by pointing out bin he used in Albert Park, and by voluntarily participating in a medical examination before being taken into custody.

The witness is excused.

Grace Millane murder trial: Accused's account of what happened to backpacker shown

12.20pm

As the video interview continues, Detective Ewen Settle asked the accused where Millane's possession were.

The alleged murderer said he had dumped "everything" in a rubbish bin in Auckland's Albert Park.

"Everything that was in the room," he said.

Settle asked: "Presumably her telephone is in her property in the rubbish bin?"

"Yep," the accused replied.

The detective also asked if the accused was currently employed.

"Nah," he said.

"When did you employment end?"

"Friday," the accused said, referring to the day her matched with Millane on the dating app Tinder.

Settle then mentioned he had a text conversation between Millane and her friend Ameena Ashcroft from the night of December 1.

The accused claimed he told Millane he was a sales manager.

However, in Millane's messages to Ashcroft the accused appears to have mentioned he is an oil company executive.

"Me? No," the accused said. "My uncle works in an oil company."

Settle asked: "Which oil company does he work for?"

The accused replied: "I don't know."

After a break, Settle returns to the interview room and asks if Millane had any injuries.

"Did you inflict any injuries on her?"

The accused replies no.

"Did you kill Grace Millane?"

"No," he said.

"[Accused man], you're under arrest for the murder of Grace Millane," Settle says, before reading him his rights.

In the room is also the accused's legal counsel Ian Brookie.

He asked his client if Millane died while she was in his company.

"Yes," he said.

"Did you intend to cause her death?" Brookie continues.

"No."

Brookie also asks why he is telling the police his version of events.

"Because of her family, because I want her family to know that it wasn't intentional but I also want her family to have closure," the accused said.

"Basically so her family understand that it wasn't an intentional thing."

Grace Millane murder trial: Accused seen on CCTV moving body in suitcase

I bet he didn't bat a eye when he said, 'no, that's my uncle who works in an oil company', which would be another lie, he just stacks them up from one moment to the next, I suspect he's being compulsively lying since he was kid. :/

Brookie's question about why the accused is giving his version of events? Talk about painting with numbers, the accused's response is lame, using buzz words like 'closure', he was caught and now he wants the jury to give him mercy, a slap on the wrist! :mad:
I suppose he could've remained silent, which is more likely with long term partners or if there's little evidence linking him to the crime, a lot harder when he's accused of killing a young woman he knew for a few hours and took back to his apartment, he has no choice and continues to lie! jmo

He also says the hole he placed the suitcase and Millane’s body in was very shallow. The accused says he could take police to the location.

He also tells the detective that he doesn’t know if blood was coming from anywhere other than her nose.

"I don’t do blood very well."

12:17pm - Accused says he didn’t intend to cause the death, but admits she probably died in his company.

He says he is telling police his version of events because of "her family". He wants her family to have closure.

The video ends shortly after.

During this, the accused wipes his eyes in the dock.

I really doubt it did Edinlass. I think this probably happened a lot and he was immune to it. He seems completely deluded. Not just around this situation, but in all of his life. I've never seen anything like it
Yes, he's certainly one for the books, tapping into that brain would be soul destroying, I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member