Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was reported that he was paying $195pw for his room Pepper
IIRC, that price was in £ . Converted to NZ dollars, it's $390. which is a good rate for a fancy Hotel studio apartment, doable, probably half his pay.

Maybe, they have certain rooms available for longtermers so the Hotel is occupied during off season. I wonder though, if he was in arrears, he's got history for not paying rent.

He also tells the detective that he doesn’t know if blood was coming from anywhere other than her nose.
"I don’t do blood very well."

What a delicate flower he is

so he told Det Settle his job ended on Friday Nov 30? Then why was he prancing around town in that god awful vest?

I have so many questions....,

I hope the prosecution will have a detective testify as to his internet searches and cell phone pics from the early morning hours of Dec. 2 if they haven’t already.

A good contrast to the way he described his state of mind after the death.

Did we ever find out what the four bolts were for?
My guess is they were a decoy purchase. He didn’t want to stick out in the sales assistants mind as someone who came in and bought a shovel because that could seem suspicious. So he bought something else random to make it look like he had a couple of items to pick up from the hardware store, a shovel just happened to be one of them.

On average about 20-25 life sentences are handed out in NZ each year. Primarily given for murder, a life sentence can also be for manslaughter though this has only happened once in 40 years! Basically he needs to be found guilty of murder to get a suitably harsh sentence.

The longest minimum period of imprisonment on a sentence of life imprisonment is 30 years. No person in New Zealand has yet been sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole.

Life imprisonment in New Zealand - Wikipedia
True although the judge could also sentence him to preventative detention whic happens sometimes. That makes it easier to keep him inside once minimum non parole period is up
Victims Information – Types of sentences

LINKS, LINKS, LINKS !!!

You absolutely cannot snag information from articles off the internet and not provide a link to attribute it to the source of the article.

Not only is it against WS rules, it is a violation of copyright law.

No link, no post.

My guess is they were a decoy purchase. He didn’t want to stick out in the sales assistants mind as someone who came in and bought a shovel because that could seem suspicious. So he bought something else random to make it look like he had a couple of items to pick up from the hardware store, a shovel just happened to be one of them.

I agree but I also question whether he is bright enough to think like that!

LINKS, LINKS, LINKS !!!

You absolutely cannot snag information from articles off the internet and not provide a link to attribute it to the source of the article.

Not only is it against WS rules, it is a violation of copyright law.

No link, no post.

Oops sorry, I'm guilty of not including links. Noted going forward :)

2:36pm - Detective Inspector Scott Beard is giving evidence. He was in charge of the Millane investigation and is in the witness box to provide an overview of the case.

He says he had inquiries made to find the items the accused put in the Albert Park rubbish bin that weren't still in the bin when officers checked it.

That led officers to an East Tamaki rubbish tip. However, due to the resources required to search the large tip, a decision was made to not continue the search.

This meant Millane's cellphone was never recovered.

Grace Millane murder trial: Live updates as second police interview plays, Scott Beard gives evidence

2:45pm - Det Insp Beard confirms that polling data led officers to the Waitakere Ranges on December 8.

He says about 70 staff were involved in the investigation by December 9.

That is all the evidence Det Insp Beard is required to give.

The court is now taking a short break. The next witness is expected to the Crown’s final.

2:42pm - On Wednesday, the jury saw CCTV footage of the accused getting into an Uber on December 6 at 5:18am.

Det Insp Beard confirms the man travelled to Mission Bay for eight minutes. CCTV footage from the Auckland suburb couldn't be retrieved. He says businesses and organisations often overwrite CCTV footage after a week, while other footage isn't kept indefinitely.

The detective inspector tells the court that police efforts focused on getting CCTV footage from the central city in the first parts of the investigation.

The woman the accused said he had arranged to meet with on the night of December 1 was also tracked down by police. Det Insp Beard says they had planned to meet for lunch, but she cancelled. They didn't arrange to meet that night.

Grace Millane murder trial: Live updates as second police interview plays, Scott Beard gives evidence

Looks like this may be all interview evidence bundled Kiki
That was tough to listen to, the investigator did an excellent job. I'm very impressed with the investigation and how this trial is proceeding, witnesses were stellar. I'm sure it'd be overwhelming for the jury to have to review and discuss each day's events. Devastating for Grace's family and friends.
This guy doesn't deserve a tear, he sheds them easily for himself.
Imo, he was headed towards a violent act causing death, he ticks all the boxes for personality disorders plus obsessed with young women and hating them. Once his name is released, we may learn more about his dark side hidden behind his superficial charm.

In the cctv where he's coming out of the hotel lift, he strikes up a conversation with a mature woman who's about to enter the lift, she was dressed in a uniform/apron, most likely works in housekeeping. He was probably making sure she wouldn't enter his room or, making chit chat as he would normally do. I think he was a very busy bee, imagining he was dotting the I's and crossing the Ts, all the while forgetting his every move was being recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks