IN - William Smith, 20, arrested, Battery/Strangulation of Two Females aged 17, Dugger, Nov 2019

Thanks for posting. The State Police link you posted actually states:

The investigation revealed that William T. Smith, age 20, of Dugger, IN, on two separate occasions, had allegedly physically and sexually battered and strangled two females under the age of 17. (emphasis mine).​

So, he's 20, not 18, and the girls were under 17. :: puke emoji ::

Dugger Man Arrested for Sexual Battery

Sullivan Daily Times

William Smith age 18 under investigation since August for two separate incidents of sexual battery and strangulation of two 17 year-old females.

He was arrested yesterday, and released on bond.

Whew, so glad he's out on bond -- certainly they wouldn't put too high a bond on him because, ya know, all he allegedly did was sexually batter and strangle 2 female persons -- and he's only 18, er, ah, 20 years old. Poor kid. No biggie, right folks??? :mad:..:mad:..:mad:
Damm.

Whew, so glad he's out on bond -- certainly they wouldn't put too high a bond on him because, ya know, all he allegedly did was sexually batter and strangle 2 female persons -- and he's only 18, er, ah, 20 years old. Poor kid. No biggie, right folks??? :mad:..:mad:..:mad:
Damm.
Right?!?
I don’t know why this crap still shocks me SMH

Thanks for posting. The State Police link you posted actually states:

The investigation revealed that William T. Smith, age 20, of Dugger, IN, on two separate occasions, had allegedly physically and sexually battered and strangled two females under the age of 17. (emphasis mine).​

So, he's 20, not 18, and the girls were under 17. :: puke emoji ::
Oops, he really skrewed himself, didn't he?! :cool:

Because you are still human, and you care about people and justice. Same with me.

Seems like by now it shouldn't shock any of us, but thankfully it still does. Every time.
You’re so right. I hate this because I feel like these charges absolutely do not fit these crimes & why can’t our gov’t see that?? I mean, who the he** is making such loose laws about these crimes? This violent pervert is OUT how is this right?? SMH MOO

Hoping somebody reports on his hearing today. Otherwise, IDK how fast updates show on mycase.

I see there is very little interest with this case. It’s a shame because this is a very very unique crime... Has anyone done any digging into this?? I’ve been rather busy & have not had the time to nose around.
MOO

Last edited:
Sullivan County man faces sexual battery charges involving girls under 17
snipped
SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. — A Dugger man has been arrested for sexual battery committed against two girls under the age of 17, according to Indiana State Police.

State police say they began an investigation on August 13 after they received information from the Dugger Town Marshall regarding allegations of physical and sexual battery, as well as strangulation.

Through the investigation, .... physically and sexually battered and strangled two girls under the age of 17 on two separate occasions in Sullivan County.

A warrant was issued for Smith’s arrest on November 12. Smith turned himself in and has bonded out.

Smith is facing the following charges:
  • Strangulation (2 counts) Level 6 Felony
  • Sexual battery victim compelled to submit by force or imminent threat of force (2 counts) Level 6 Felony
  • Battery resulting in bodily injury (2 counts) Class A Misdemeanor

No date listed for upcoming trial as of yet, but the case is moving forward:

11/26/2019
Order Issued
Order Setting Pre-Trial Conference & Jury Trial
Judicial Officer:
Newton, Christopher A - SJ

Order Signed:
11/26/2019
11/27/2019
Automated ENotice Issued to Parties
Order Issued ---- 11/26/2019 : Joseph K Etling;Ann Smith Mischler