CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to put my thank you's to everyone on this page! This is the first case I've followed on WS! I don't know what pulled me to this case but here I am living in Ohio and following every day. I've had my hands smacked a time or two and was put in time out. I got mad when that happened, and didn't reply for a long time. I still don't know what I did!

That timeline was amazing! Not sure where I'm going after this is over.

Daily prayers to the Berreth family. My heart hurts for them. I'm raising a grand daughter also, she's 12 now and it's tough, but we will get through this. Prayers for everyone. Through your life journey always put GOD first, family second and everything else will fall in place. Love and peace to you all!

What a lovely Post, lindaromas.
Thank you.:):):)
Good luck with raising your grand daughter.
We'll see one another, loads of times again, when we follow other threads.
These Creeps, who commit Murders, are everywhere.

My first trial I followed closely was the endless, then repeated, Arias trial. Anyone here remember the endless OBJECTION! Approach the bench? At least THAT;s not going on here, so far as we know anyway.

that trial was unbelievable. Not the usual thing I don’t think. Miss JA thought she could control everything. Now, where is she? Oh yea, sitting in prison in hot AZ never to be released.

PF will be there soon. I’m sure of it.

Evil

Damn it. We were all hoping it would be hers. I mean, who else's tooth could it have been?

BBM:

It is her tooth.

The fact that DNA couldn't be extracted doesn't change the fact that it's KB's tooth.

Think of it this way: The fact that KB's body hasn't been found doesn't mean she's not dead.

It simply means people need to use critical thinking skills in looking at all of the evidence to reach that logical conclusion.

The weight of evidence is cumulative in a case.
This is one of the pieces that still has significant weight and value, despite the fact that DNA was not recoverable.

It ain't a nothingburger:
  • It's a human tooth.
  • It's a female tooth.
  • It was recovered from the burn at the franch.
  • It was likely broken as a result of blunt force, per testimony by an expert.
  • The blood found in KB's townhome supports that this was KB's tooth.
  • KK's account of the scene at KB's townhome and the burn at the franch supports that this was KB's tooth.
Not To Worry.
We're good here.
It's her tooth.

JMO.

Last edited:
I’m not that worried about the hay bale testing - remember we don’t know if the tote even had holes (I don’t think it did) so it wasn’t leaking apparently but I do wonder if it rained or snowed and that’s what caused the outline ? I know someone upthread mentioned mold so perhaps a combo ? No matter what IMO the tote was there and proven by the physical evidence and KKs testimony - and it was in his truck - and I don’t think that’s a leap at all for the jury to believe the tote had her body it was on the hay bale and then burned up in his yard
JMO
ETA I don’t know if the barn would allow snow or rain to go through the roof but I think so

and they haven’t found Kelsey. Cmon. She didn’t just drop off the face of the earth.

reasonable doubt people. I could convict on only what I am hearing.

Perhaps there wasn’t enough of the tooth for evidence.

But thinking if they pulled up PF’s search history they’ll find “at
what temperature do I need to burn a body at for there to be no evidence” ..... he ain’t a smart one, that PF
I imagine we’ll hear about his search history tomorrow, if they found anything. Right after they finish with the forensic stuff.

We still have yet to hear about any forensic results from inside the Franch, to include PF’s clothing and boots.

Reading back (Feb. 19, 2019) on Sam's tweets of KK's version of the events, it sounds more like he has more than a love hold on her, unless she's into submitting to a jerk. Makes me wonder if he had something prior on KK that they did criminally together or she was just too dumb to realize what he was/is? Lust can fool you though big time. I just can't see an attraction to him what so ever but the population is small. jmo

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
I've never understood the attraction either! Never have I ever used the word "mug" to describe a person's face until PF. Does anyone know what I mean? I just don't see it.

From the preliminary hearing in February:

Slater said the clinic #KelseyBerreth went to was not a drug and alcohol rehab center. It was a center for anxiety and depression treatments. Kelsey was there in August of 2018. The clinic is the Nedley Clinic in CA. @KKTV11News
Ashley Franco on Twitter

Whoa. That place is full of quackery! But, nary a mention of drug or alcohol rehab. Clearly, she was willing to try anything to feel better, though.

I completely agree. Every thing she has said has been backed up with evidence.

And then there’s the fact he has not offered a reasonable explanation for any thing that has been presented.

MOO - As stupid as he’s been, and as much as he’s blabbed, I’m almost shocked he didn’t tell someone that KB went to meet up with Shan’ann, Bella and CeCe about possible play dates...

BBM. I literally, LOL'd at this. Thank you for a tiny bright spot.

I know I won’t get my wish but I wish at sentencing (knock on wood) the judge would say:

“The fact that you thought no one would care that this young, sweet mother disappeared tells us all we need to know about the defects of your soul. You are so apart from the rest of the human race that you couldn’t fathom love and concern so strong that millions of strangers were vested in finding Kelsey. That was your downfall and every sick murderer’s downfall. You’re not normal. You’re soul sick. You can’t relate to the normal world.”

Oh, I hope he does! And, then there will be proof he lurks here for fun, too!

Yes. If they could tell it was female, that’s still huge.

I expected this, but obviously hoped they could get DNA.

I think if it had been Kelsey's tooth, he'd have said that in his opening, honestly. This is still very, very good news.

Rogers also testified about the DNA found on various items in Berreth’s condo that tested positive for blood. This included near the fireplace, on the baby gate, two chairs that had been used as a TV stand, and on the floorboards.

The prosecution pointed to samples that contained Berreth’s DNA, though some of those swabs also included DNA that likely belonged to Frazee, Berreth’s mother and brother, and the last woman who lived in the condo.

Lee claims that Frazee killed Berreth on Nov. 22, 2018 — Thanksgiving Day. Lee said Frazee called her that night and said there was a “mess to clean up.” The next night, Lee said she drove from Idaho to Colorado to clean up a bloody crime scene in Berreth’s apartment.

After putting Berreth’s body in a tote, Lee said Frazee stored it on top of a hay pile at a ranch he leased to run cattle. A search of that ranch revealed black discoloration on a hay bale, but Rogers said CBI was not able to find human DNA on a sample taken from the area.

Human tooth found near burn site on Kelsey Berreth murder suspect’s property, expert says

Well, looks like there was likely just a small amount of blood on the outside of the tote (since the dog did alert) and the rest was possibly mold as another poster posited. Still a very strong piece of evidence when KKL's testimony is taken into account.

Obviously. They have said they will most likely be done Friday. I was just surprised that this Denver Post journalist’s perspective is there isn’t much evidence.

JMO

That surprises me, too. I wonder what she's considering evidence?

Me too, but then again, it often seems we aren't dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed. No criminal masterminds with these dimwits. And so many of them also seem to have this overwhelming arrogance that they already think they know everything and are invincible. No how to murder personal development needed for them!

That said, I do know just what you mean and a smart criminal probably would learn from other crimes.

I did wonder if PF picked up from the Chris Watts situation also in Colorado to at least not give any stupid front porch interviews asking for help to find his missing fiance. But he didn't do himself any favors either by not even pretending to show any concern or interest. Scott Peterson and Chris Watts tried to at least (badly) mimic acting like worried husbands. This one didn't even bother to fake any charm.

BBM. That was one of the only smart things he did. Keep his mouth shut and lawyer up early.

Probably because he knew he was caught since his plan to pin KK to the crime just blew up in his face. He looked guilty from day one to me!

Oh, I don't think so. I think he thought he'd get away with it up until the trial started.

Damn it. We were all hoping it would be hers. I mean, who else's tooth could it have been?

No one. I hope the jury reaches the same conclusion.

It would appear that the defense doesn’t have much to throw at the prosecution’s theory, as they have done very little in the way of cross examination thus far.

It’s telling that the defense also agreed that the Friday timeline is accurate, as far as closing arguments goes. This likely means they don’t intend to offer much rebuttal when it’s their turn.

PF could be a convicted felon on Monday.

BBM. From your lips to God's ears!

Perhaps there wasn’t enough of the tooth for evidence.

But thinking if they pulled up PF’s search history they’ll find “at
what temperature do I need to burn a body at for there to be no evidence” ..... he ain’t a smart one, that PF

That is one thing I'm surprised we haven't heard about. Did he do NO internet research?

As to the grand finale, maybe they have a photo of the tote in the pickup on the way to the Nash place and a photo of the pickup and no tote coming back.

Ohhh! That would be awesome!

Geez I feel stupid... I may not be a great sleuther, but even I could have found that if I only would have thought to search her real name! I think reading about all the moroniocy/moronicity for the last couple weeks is rubbing off on me....please don’t let the stupid be contagious.

Thank you so much for providing the link though, I can really use this today.

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Judge Scott Sells also informed Frazee of his right to testify if he so chooses. He won’t have to decide on that until Friday. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

10:44 AM - 13 Nov 2019

SK reply: What was PF's reaction to this?

Sam Kraemer Retweeted ***

Frazee responded “yes sir” and “I do” to the appropriate questions

11:06 AM - 13 Nov 2019

SK reply: Sam, what is the demeanor and body language of Kelsey’s mom as she watches this trial unfold?

Sam Kraemer Retweeted ****

She isn’t here. She left after her final day of testimony

11:06 AM - 13 Nov 2019
So does PF saying “I do” mean he is going to take the stand. This is going to be something to watch. DA May will take him apart.

I want to put my thank you's to everyone on this page! This is the first case I've followed on WS! I don't know what pulled me to this case but here I am living in Ohio and following every day. I've had my hands smacked a time or two and was put in time out. I got mad when that happened, and didn't reply for a long time. I still don't know what I did!

That timeline was amazing! Not sure where I'm going after this is over.

Daily prayers to the Berreth family. My heart hurts for them. I'm raising a grand daughter also, she's 12 now and it's tough, but we will get through this. Prayers for everyone. Through your life journey always put GOD first, family second and everything else will fall in place. Love and peace to you all!

I’m glad you joined us in here. Sadly, they’ll be another case that grabs your attention like this one did and you’ll probably be right back in the trenches with the rest of us. WS has a way of doing that. :p

If anyone is thinking about committing the perfect murder, they should look no further than this case.

Basically just look at what PF did, and do the exact opposite.

Perfect crime right there.

So does PF saying “I do” mean he is going to take the stand. This is going to be something to watch. DA May will take him apart.
No. It was merely PF expressing that he understood what the judge was telling him.

The only surprise was that he was able to give a coherent answer, as opposed to some sort of unintelligible grunt.

He had to have known CBI and the FBI would have been involved. This was during the same time Chris Watts was being grilled by investigators. You'd think he would have reconsidered his decision to make KB disappear, especially if he wanted to stay out of the news. He seems to be lacking a couple of bolts or has a few screws loose.

Curious to see if they move him out of state for prison like Watts. I’m just getting out of the Midwest right now. Darn cold up there. Assuming he is a “Colorado Native” , I am hoping he is banished somewhere with harsh , overcast winters (even though he won’t see much daylight anyway). He doesn’t deserve the favorable Colorado climate, even in jail. Jmo

I was thinking of this also!! As I sit in the freezing cold Midwest.

it’s some kind of punishment. PF deserves more misery than even this.

It's so discouraging to think that so many showed such a disregard for a human life. If only one person had gone to LE.
How horrible for Kelsey's parents to be aware of this.

Imo

you are all forgetting that these people all knew PF and they did not know KB and he told them, variously: KB did not want to be a mother; she had substance problems; she was in rehab; she was not providing for the baby, etc. From their limited perspective, he was a poor single dad trying to save his child from a bad parent. So, no, they were not going to go to LE. It is only now, later, in retrospect, that they see the lies, IMO. Also, sorry, but so many keep saying that calling LE would have saved KB. People with restraining orders are killed daily, so, IMO, if one of these people had gone to LE, I am not convinced the person would have been believed, especially since KB did not herself seem to be afraid of PF. She had not moved away; she shared custody and apparently PF had her gun (?). On Thanksgiving, KB is making sweet potatoes and PF is concealing a bat. Somehow, IMO, he was a convincing actor and no one saw inside his head. The one person who knew more, KK, was willing to be an accomplice. I would like to know exactly when CB realized how bad things were because I think she was being truthful when she said KB was not afraid of PF. I also think if she believed, before the disappearance, that KB was in danger, she would have tried to have her move back home. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993