CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this was new to me. I mean, I knew that, but I didn’t realize just how common it is with every sample.

It’s smoke and mirrors if the defense tries to claim that it’s relevant.
Me too. So when blood tests positive and shows more than one contributor, it doesn't mean it's more than one person's blood. That was good info/intel from that witness explained in a pretty straightforward way. I really like that they are not overwhelming the jury with overly complicated explanations.

I was so struck by PF texting that woman and telling her not to get "sassy" when she mentioned him not taking payment for shoeing her horses. Aside from how absurd and condescending it is, it was a brief glimpse of how controlling he is. I wonder if she found it cute or endearing. Ugh.
Well that was one of his first test for this new chicababe. Throw out a slightly demeaning, condescending, rude comments in an "innocent" way and see if that ok with her. If it is, the "lucky girl" passes the test and he is still interested.
That saying about when someone shows you who they are, you need to believe them. Well he is giving little glimpses of himself...just a wee bit at a time...
sick !

Isn’t it common to immediately file an appeal, one of the reasons being ineffective counsel?

Not that the defense team was ineffective. But I totally see PF as being that guy filing for appeal after appeal just to spite KB’s family.

As our legal beagles will probably say, I’m sure there’s ways to stop him from that. I just think he will be that jerk to endlessly grasp for straws and never rest.

don't forget post conviction appeals...

Frazee trial: Berreth's coworkers say she was quiet, sweet
The trial will resume at 8:30 a.m. Thursday. Fourth Judicial District Attorney Dan May said he expects the prosecution will be able to wrap their witnesses Thursday. One witness, who will arrive in Colorado from out of state on Thursday morning, is their second-to-last witness, May said. At the latest, they will rest their case Friday morning, he said. Defense attorney Adam Stiegerwald said he also anticipates closing statements on Friday afternoon after their witnesses.

When Judge Sells asked how much time they'll need for closing statements, May said about 30 minutes for the prosecution and Stiegerwald said an hour for the defense.

Does anyone know how to setup one of those polls with a link we sometimes see on WS cases here?

I think we already know what it would show but it would be interesting to see an anonymous poll for this question:

Question:
Based on all the evidence you have heard was covered in the trial, if you were on the jury and had to decide this case today, what would your verdict be for PF?
A-Guilty
B-Not Guilty
C-Undecided - cannot decide one way or the other

Maybe someone who knows how to setup one of those polls can set one up for us in next day or so.

Anyone can create one on the poll forum. Then they can link it on the discussion thread so that posters can locate it. It is fairly intuitive to set up.

The Poll Forum! Public Welcome To Participate

Yes. Most people are confused about what it means so don’t worry.

Circumstantial evidence is any evidence that needs an explanation or another bit of evidence to explain how it supports a conclusion.

Direct evidence doesn’t.

A witness statement - “I heard Bob yell at Larry, ‘I’ve been waiting for weeks for this moment! I hate you and I’m going to kill you!’ I then saw Bob point his gun at Larry and fire. Larry dropped to the ground. I checked Larry’s pulse. It wasn’t there.” Thats direct evidence. No inference or additional evidence is really needed to determine Bob murdered Larry.

A dead body needs an inference. Or additional testimony/evidence. The dead body isn’t direct evidence that the person it belonged to was murdered nor by who.

Same with DNA. You need an expert to explain what it means. And then you need an inference to determine how it connects to proving someone killed someone.

Thank you for that explanation. It's so good I bookmarked it.

I'm a newby and have been following this case closely, we lived for many years just outside of Woodland Park. I would think there would've been DNA on the outside of the tote, putting a body inside wouldn't be an easy process plus the dog hit on where the tote was supposedly placed in the driveway of KBs condo if I remember right. Maybe the DNA degraded while the tote was sitting on the hay but the dog could still smell it. I sure hate to hear no DNA from the hay or the tooth.

Well that was one of his first test for this new chicababe. Throw out a slightly demeaning, condescending, rude comments in an "innocent" way and see if that ok with her. If it is, the "lucky girl" passes the test and he is still interested.
That saying about when someone shows you who they are, you need to believe them. Well he is giving little glimpses of himself...just a wee bit at a time...
sick ***!
I would really like hear PF define: All Inclusive package!

Jennifer Meckles did her lunch update. As far as Kelsey's & baby K's health insurance, since she was going PT, it wouldn't be covered, but they were going to cover until the end of the year. About that life insurance, Kelsey hadn't completed paperwork for new policy at the new year.

9NEWS (KUSA)
Aha, A grace period. I called it. lol

I'm sure investigators checked him out too. SMH RS at it again. Makes me wonder just how involved he is. MOO

PF said, in the civil suit, that "she does not always come directly home."

Parents of Kelsey Berreth cite custody battle in missing mom's ...

https://www.foxnews.com › motive-allegedly-found-for-missing-colorado-m...

Feb 17, 2019 - The parents of missing Colorado mother Kelsey Berreth are alleging she ... of making false reports, including how Kelsey had been to rehab, ...

so, apparently not happy about her having dinner with a coworker, even if it was a rare occurrence.

Ok I don’t think this was reported earlier.

The blood on the couch, and the two chairs that were being used as a tv stand, all tested positive for Kelsey’s DNA.

What’s enlightening, is that pretty much all the samples being discussed have unknown contributors (in much smaller amounts).

This would severely damage any contention by the defense that the unknown male DNA in the bathroom is relevant.

It’s just a super common phenomenon.

I liked the point made by the DNA professional that past people who sat on juries in that courtroom could have left DNA behind until it was cleaned up.

Any plumber, any friend of the woman who lived in the condo for decades could have left DNA there.

That "other male DNA in the bathroom" dog won't hunt.......but we knew that.

Just saw a youtube video on Mindy Lee's death in Woodland Park, happened several years ago. Body found outside the high school 5 days after she disappeared. I think the official cause of death was hypothermia but some people think she was murdered. Mindy's mother says in the video that she thinks PF is connected! Weird. Plus Mindy disappeared the day before Thanksgiving, probably nothing to it but it is strange. How scary if KB wasn't his first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68