CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did LE take the other totes that seemed to be exact matches to the tote that was burned? Were those totes dirty? I would think that a tote carried in the back of a truck for awhile would be dusty and dirty, especially if it had been rained or snowed on while dusty. And if removed from the truck and sat on the ground to access tools while working.

A dirty tote could have left marks in the hay that had nothing to do with its contents.

JMO

This doesn't make any sense. She asked this after returning from maternity leave?
I think it makes sense for a new mother that after being on a maternity leave you realize you only want to work part time after you go back? She may have even wanted that from the start, but kept full time status through her pregnancy in order to get maternity benefits.

Did LE take the other totes that seemed to be exact matches to the tote that was burned? Were those totes dirty? I would think that a tote carried in the back of a truck for awhile would be dusty and dirty, especially if it had been rained or snowed on while dusty. And if removed from the truck and sat on the ground to access tools while working.

A dirty tote could have left marks in the hay that had nothing to do with its contents.

JMO
We don’t know. What we do know, is KK’s account of a tote being there is supported by those discolorations on the hay, and their dimensions.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose‏ @stephaniebutzer
Speaking of teeth... @SamKraemerTV reminded me of an odd fact that has yet to be addressed: According to a search warrant published in March, five teeth were found in Frazee's home during a search of the property between early Dec & late Jan. That story: http://bit.ly/2CJXDLq

EJT2ezGUEAElIs9.jpg

9:36 PM - 13 Nov 2019

I think it makes sense for a new mother that after being on a maternity leave you realize you only want to work part time after you go back? She may have even wanted that from the start, but kept full time status through her pregnancy in order to get maternity benefits.

Happens all the time!
I did exactly that as did many of my friends.

Ninny me.......neva mind! :rolleyes: That's two goofs tonight.

If you're reading this, Steels had a couple of brain misfires.

Edited because I've caused enough confusion for everyone tonight.

Last edited:
I wonder if the second to last witness, that is from another state, might be LE from Idaho, testifying to what they found at Krystal's ex-husband's home. Didn't she burn Kelsey's phone and a burner phone on his property?
They already had someone testify as to what they found at her property. Burned cell phone pieces were recovered.

Just saw a youtube video on Mindy Lee's death in Woodland Park, happened several years ago. Body found outside the high school 5 days after she disappeared. I think the official cause of death was hypothermia but some people think she was murdered. Mindy's mother says in the video that she thinks PF is connected! Weird. Plus Mindy disappeared the day before Thanksgiving, probably nothing to it but it is strange. How scary if KB wasn't his first!
Yes, that is the case I was talking about in the last thread. For some reason, I thought her name was Melissa. :rolleyes: My mind isn't functioning well the last couple of days.

They already had someone testify as to what they found at her property. Burned cell phone pieces were recovered.
Yep!

On Dec. 17, authorities got a search warrant for Kenney’s home, Hayes said. He noted that he received consent from Lee, Kenney’s then-husband, when he tried to call Kenney. They searched the home again on Dec. 21. On that day, Slater told Hayes to look for a burn pile that may contain the remains of a purse, documents and a cell phone. He was also instructed to look for a bat, he said.

He found a burn pile about 500 feet away from their home, Hayes said.

The state published multiple photos in the courtroom — the first showed a burn pile and separate burn pit in the back of Kenney’s home and the second was a closer look at the burn. Lee told Hayes that was not where they would normally burn items from the property.

Other photos showed the burned ground and rubble, and a very small piece of an electronic device. Hayes said it resembled something in a phone. They also saw glass, which could have been from the phone, he said. The prosecution also showed pictures of a circuit board on the electronic device, more burned pieces of the possible phone and a burned glass screen protector.

They found paperwork where the edges hadn’t been burned, but each piece crumbled apart upon examination, he said.

They gathered what they could for evidence, Hayes said, and transported it to the CBI on April 1, 2019. Some of the items, including the burned cell phone pieces and burned screen cover, were shown in court Tuesday morning.

Steels needs a good night's sleep. Edited to not drive everyone else crazy, trying to figure out what she's talking about.

Last edited:
Well, looks like there was likely just a small amount of blood on the outside of the tote (since the dog did alert) and the rest was possibly mold as another poster posited. Still a very strong piece of evidence when KKL's testimony is taken into account.

Even if no bodily fluid leaked outside of the tote, the dog's sense of smell is so strong that it could still alert as the decomp smell probably permeated the plastic, which transferred into the hay. I wish that would be explained to the jury because it's important, especially considering this dog has never had a false hit.

Thanks! But, she wasn't on maternity leave. That's why it doesn't make any sense to me. Baby K had just turned 1 years old in October before Kelsey went missing. She was past the time for maternity leave. Maybe the HR lady was wrong about why Kelsey wanted to work part time?
The answer was that the HR lady didn’t know why KB wanted to go part time, only that she initially inquired about it shortly after the baby was born.

So this wasn’t something that she suddenly decided to do just before her murder.

Thanks! But, she wasn't on maternity leave. That's why it doesn't make any sense to me. Baby K had just turned 1 years old in October before Kelsey went missing. She was past the time for maternity leave. Maybe the HR lady was wrong about why Kelsey wanted to work part time?
Hmm. I see your point. Maybe she meant when KB returned from the treatment center? Or else maybe it's something KB had inquired about after coming back but not actively pursued until later?

The answer was that the HR lady didn’t know why KB wanted to go part time, only that she initially inquired about it shortly after the baby was born.

So this wasn’t something that she suddenly decided to do just before her murder.
Good point - the verbatim quote (from Sam at least) was "began" asking about it after returning from maternity leave...

I didn't type this in my earlier notes, but Sam noted the irony that Kelsey said PF didn't want to go to her company holiday party because he "didn't like wearing khakis or slacks." Essentially what he's had to wear to court every day. :D
I wonder how he likes wearing a green striped shirt and pants with pink handcuffs and leg irons.

this to me is evidence that KB was experiencing the effects of being in a relationship with a monster, and was taking responsibility for her symptoms herself. Abusers will prevent you from sleeping, keep you from doing anything to take care of yourself, and don't forget the head trips, gaslighting, manipulation, guilt trips, and other sources of psychological abuse. I would assume she was probably sleep deprived from baby, as is common, and he surely used this to kick her while she was down. My own ex-abuser used to lie next to me and whisper mean and horrible things in my ear while I was nursing my daughter down for a nap - he knew I couldn't move, couldn't walk away, and couldn't reply. So he could say anything he wanted to me and I could do nothing about it.

It’s likely just what she said was the reason when it was probably anxiety and depression. Vitamin D deficiency and B-12 can cause that however. And if she was flying and not spending enough time in the sun it’s possible.

She may have had some post-partum issues as well plus the stress of trying to make a family with a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member