CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the second to last witness, that is from another state, might be LE from Idaho, testifying to what they found at Krystal's ex-husband's home. Didn't she burn Kelsey's phone and a burner phone on his property?

It could be KK coming back! "Ms. Lee, can you read these text messages sent to you by Mr. Frazee?"

Could also be the DNA expert who examined the boots.

This is big for the defense. On the hay stack...no human dna and no blood.:(
I don't think it is that big of a thing for the defense. The forensics shows the blood under the floorboards and around the condo is Kelsey's. So there was a violent attack in which she was the victim.

We have been told by a witness, that a tote from the condo was burned, and it contained her body and some of the evidence.

We do know there was a tote that was hidden in the barn, and there was a bonfire and that a cell phone, some tote-like plastic, and debris, was set on fire. A female human tooth was recovered.

Do we know 100% that KB's body was burned in that tote? No. Not 100%. She may have been, but maybe she was buried or put in the trash, or dumped in a lake?

This is a 'No Body' case. But we do have evidence of a violent assault, taking place in her condo on Thanksgiving afternoon.

this to me is evidence that KB was experiencing the effects of being in a relationship with a monster, and was taking responsibility for her symptoms herself. Abusers will prevent you from sleeping, keep you from doing anything to take care of yourself, and don't forget the head trips, gaslighting, manipulation, guilt trips, and other sources of psychological abuse. I would assume she was probably sleep deprived from baby, as is common, and he surely used this to kick her while she was down. My own ex-abuser used to lie next to me and whisper mean and horrible things in my ear while I was nursing my daughter down for a nap - he knew I couldn't move, couldn't walk away, and couldn't reply. So he could say anything he wanted to me and I could do nothing about it.
I'm so sorry you went through that. What a jerk, and I am proud of you for making him your "ex". I hope you are doing well now.

CB said KB's reason for cutting back hours was to spend more time with the baby.

Having your baby ride off in a truck with Patrick to shoe horses and then go home to a grandmother with bad things to say about you would be a nightmare for any mother.

Living in a home paid for by her parents would give Kelsey the freedom to work less so, of course she would jump at it.

She probably had asked Patrick to cover the baby's health insurance and it pushed him over the edge.

Last edited:
LOL. The very last trial I followed had that exact same google search.

Dellen Millard... much like PF, he also was an arrogant, narcissistic pyschopath, who thought he was untouchable. And oddly enough, he has the strangest mother who I’ve ever encountered... so much damning evidence for his guilt (in 3 murders no less), yet mommy steadfastly believes her baby boy is an angel. I get a bit of the same vibe from SF.

Thank god these fools aren’t near as clever as they think they are.

Jason Young’s mom too thought he was an imp.

This is still great news. As much as we hoped Kelsey's DNA would be found, this is still a win for the DA. How could any doubt that it is her tooth? What would be a reasonable explanation for finding a female tooth on that burn pile ? I cant think of a single reason other than that's where he got rid of her remains!

Right. And there might be some confusion. They did not exclude Kelsey. There just wasn’t enough material for a definitive DNA profile. But yes, what are the odds that a female tooth fragment is found in the burn pile and it’s not her?

Sam Notes...

- Kelsey's coworkers
- HR rep Jennifer Barth ?- got to know KB bc she was excited that Doss hired a woman... had pulled KB's emergency file.. called her emergency contact Patrick Frazee... wanted to make sure he was aware that she was missing... he asked someone who she could hear him with if he could take the baby... he said baby was fine... PF told her that KB had a drinking problem, went to rehab. Jennifer challenged him on that, that coworkers would have known if KB had a drinking problem. In that line of work, her coworkers would know. KB had taken a leave for chronic fatigue issues, not drugs or alcohol. PF didn't really respond to that.
PF said KB had probably taken off to get herself healed up.
- Doss was switching ownership/benefits. Frazee was listed as the beneficiary on KB's life instance. Nothing said about motive verbatim, but PF owed on loans, had never paid KK back for some animals (shocking)
- Defense tried to attack her credibility, wasn't too much
- Jury question #37 of this trial - was KB ever drug tested at work? Answer: No
- Jury question #38 - when was KB going from full to part time... KB was going to do that in 2020 (I think he said 20?? might be 19..).. she would be working less than 32 hours a week and would lose her health insurance.

- Melissa.. HR business partner.. worked with KB on-boarding when she went on maternity leave and came back. Employees take drug/alcohol test when hired... KB passed.
- Melissa explained to KB she would lose benefits when she went part time
- Jury question #39.. did KB say why she was requesting part time status... Melissa doesn't recall... just that KB asked after returning from maternity leave

Any thoughts from anyone as to why the jury asked those questions?

CB said KB's reason for cutting back hours was to spend more time with the baby.
I wonder how much PF played into her decision to go part time. Part of him playing her may have been criticizing her for working when she should be home with the baby. The long commute keeping her up until 4 in the morning. He knew she had chronic fatigue and he made sure she stayed fatigued. The promise of child support. I really think she thought they were a couple planning on being married. I do not think the medical insurance would be a problem, most states have programs for children and for families.

All of PF's friends, family members, and acquaintances thought PF and KB had broken up and that KB was a crazy, unstable, alcoholic who didn't want to be a mother and who would regularly take off and leave PF in care of the baby. All of KB's family and friends thought PF and KB were engaged or married, spoke very highly of her disposition and work ethic, and said that she loved being a mother. One testified that she never drank when they went out as a group. There's a bigger reason that PF didn't want to go to the Doss Christmas party and it has nothing to do with attire. He didn't want anyone beside Kelsey to think the two of them were engaged. As long as PF was able to keep his two worlds separate, he was able to control the narrative. What a manipulative piece of garbage, to put it as delicately as I can. May he rot in jail for the rest of his miserable life. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle