Found Deceased AL - Chih-Kai Lai, 21, Auburn University student from Taiwan, 17 Aug 2019

Nov 10 2019 rbbm.
Death investigation underway as body discovered in Auburn
"Lee Co. Coroner Bill Harris confirms he is on the way to the scene where a body was located late Sunday afternoon. A homeowner is telling News 3 the body was discovered in a shed".

"News 3 is working to confirm if the death investigation may be connected to Chih-Kai-Lai, a 21-year-old Auburn University student from Taiwan who was reported missing to Auburn Police on Aug. 19.

News 3 will update you as soon as we can".

UPDATE: Foul play not suspected after man found dead in Auburn shed
"Lee County Coroner confirms the body has been identified and is a man. Foul play does not appear to be a factor. Harris says a post-mortem examination is expected to happen Monday in Montgomery. The man’s name will be released after the family has been notified."

Nov 10 2019 rbbm.
Death investigation underway as body discovered in Auburn
"Lee Co. Coroner Bill Harris confirms he is on the way to the scene where a body was located late Sunday afternoon. A homeowner is telling News 3 the body was discovered in a shed".

"News 3 is working to confirm if the death investigation may be connected to Chih-Kai-Lai, a 21-year-old Auburn University student from Taiwan who was reported missing to Auburn Police on Aug. 19.

News 3 will update you as soon as we can".

UPDATE: Foul play not suspected after man found dead in Auburn shed
"Lee County Coroner confirms the body has been identified and is a man. Foul play does not appear to be a factor. Harris says a post-mortem examination is expected to happen Monday in Montgomery. The man’s name will be released after the family has been notified."
From same article above, "A homeowner is telling News 3 the body was discovered in a shed and it appears the man had been living there."

RIP to the deceased shed dweller. I can only speculate about Kai. The fact his dad accompanied him to the U.S. tends to make me think either victim of foul play during mental difficulty, or break with reality due to culture shock or fear of failure. Missing about 2 months now, sadly.

Does "natural causes" include hypothermia?
I would think so.

ETA... Actually hypothermia would probably be more Accidental.

Are there any experts here who can better answer the question? I'm overthinking it now and probably shouldn't have tried to answer in the first place!

Last edited:
I wonder if he didn't fancy his studies and has disappeared to try and find work on his own sort of thing, "make it on his own"? I assume his visa will have certain limitations to it?

Feel so awful for his father. Sending love his way. What a brilliant young man lost. RIP

I haven't seen it confirmed to be him? Can you share where you found it?

Awww, sad to learn this.
from link, thanks..
"The results from the postmortem examination indicate that Lai had only been deceased for a matter of days. Police do not suspect foul play, authorities said."

"Lai’s body was discovered in an outbuilding on the property. It appears that Lai was staying in the outbuilding, police said."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back