OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Unfortunately, I doubtfully will make it to any. But I do hope to visit there one day, even if it will probably be kinda like the scene of the old lady in "The Titanic." I may not be able to remember my own name by then, but I will remember what happened in Pike County, Ohio on or about April 22, 2016. RIP Rhodens and Gilley. I pray for Justice.

Aww, I love your passion for these victims, as well as their families. Justice is coming and IMO, it is gonna' kick some major arse. Have a good night along with anyone else reading tonight. Hugs. :)

Angela was set on Rita’s attorney trying to get in that tote marked important stuff, they should have let him and Rita view it in a private room with cameras everywhere, also all evidence inside would be copy’s not original and see if any came up missing from the tote, JMO
They sure did want that tote, surely they understood that the prosecution had already been through the tote and copied everything in it.

They sure did want that tote, surely they understood that the prosecution had already been through the tote and copied everything in it.

BBM. Perhaps that's what worried them.:oops: I'm not an expert, but maybe RN's attorneys are trying to find a way to make all the "tote" evidence inadmissible in court. Trying to find some technicality to get it tossed. JMO.

Will RN's trial be streamed, if so on what source can it be best viewed? If this has been discussed I missed it and apologize ~ thanks
I’m sure it’ll be streamed live if indeed cameras are permitted in the courtroom. Maybe try to reach out to one of the media members covering the case and ask them for certain

I have faith in the prosecution also. I'm just wondering, as it's getting closer, if it will even go to trial, if a deal will be offered or will RN just plea guilty.

If a plea of guilty is entered, wouldn't Rita have to allocute? Seems to me that that would bolster the state's case against the W4.

If a plea of guilty is entered, wouldn't Rita have to allocute? Seems to me that that would bolster the state's case against the W4.
You would think she would if they offered her any kind of reduced sentence or even probation. I don't think she'd have to explain a straight up guilty plea though unless she was then later called to testify at a W trial? Even then, if subpoenaed, I think she could probably take the 5th because anything she said could possibly lead to new charges of accessory to the murders, which she's not charged with right now. It's all very interesting to me, wondering how her defense will be stated, who can or can't be called to her trial or if she's just going to bite the bullet and plea guilty.

Looks like the State wants to delay the trial next week. Sorry about all caps just copying/pasting over. They had a hearing yesterday 11/13.

11/14/2019JOURNAL ENTRY -- THIS CAUSE CAME FOR STATUS CONFERENCE ON NOVEMBER 13, 2019 AT 3:30PM AT THE REQUEST OF THE STATE OF OHIO; A JURY TRIAL IS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2019 AT 8:30AM; DURING THE CONFERENCE, THE STATE OF OHIO ORALLY REQUESTED THE JURY TRIAL BE CONTINUED FOR REASONS STATED ON THE RECORD; COUNSEL FOR THE DEFENDANT EXPRESSED THE DEFENDANT'S OBJECTION TO A CONTINUANCE OF THE TRIAL; IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED, THAT BEFORE NOVEMBER 14, 2019 AT 4:00PM, THE STATE OF OHIO SHALL SERVE AND FILE A WRITTEN MOTION REQUESTING THE CONTINUANCE OF THE JURY TRIAL, SETTING FORTH ALL REASONS WHY THE STATE FEELS THAT IT NEEDS A CONTINUANCE OF THE TRIAL; IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, THAT ON OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 14, 2019 AT 4:00PM THE DEFENDANT SHALL SERVE AND FILE A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE STATE OF OHIO'S REQUEST FOR CONTINUANCE OF THE TRIAL

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...nZlEoi18MANoIX2DwBluBe-5Vqqm92fI-3PIaTfDxKV-w

Looks like the State wants to delay the trial next week. Sorry about all caps just copying/pasting over. They had a hearing yesterday 11/13.

11/14/2019JOURNAL ENTRY -- THIS CAUSE CAME FOR STATUS CONFERENCE ON NOVEMBER 13, 2019 AT 3:30PM AT THE REQUEST OF THE STATE OF OHIO; A JURY TRIAL IS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2019 AT 8:30AM; DURING THE CONFERENCE, THE STATE OF OHIO ORALLY REQUESTED THE JURY TRIAL BE CONTINUED FOR REASONS STATED ON THE RECORD; COUNSEL FOR THE DEFENDANT EXPRESSED THE DEFENDANT'S OBJECTION TO A CONTINUANCE OF THE TRIAL; IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED, THAT BEFORE NOVEMBER 14, 2019 AT 4:00PM, THE STATE OF OHIO SHALL SERVE AND FILE A WRITTEN MOTION REQUESTING THE CONTINUANCE OF THE JURY TRIAL, SETTING FORTH ALL REASONS WHY THE STATE FEELS THAT IT NEEDS A CONTINUANCE OF THE TRIAL; IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, THAT ON OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 14, 2019 AT 4:00PM THE DEFENDANT SHALL SERVE AND FILE A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE STATE OF OHIO'S REQUEST FOR CONTINUANCE OF THE TRIAL

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...nZlEoi18MANoIX2DwBluBe-5Vqqm92fI-3PIaTfDxKV-w
Seriously?...?:mad:

Last edited:

"For reasons stated on file"? So does that mean that investigator is still not available? I know I asked this before but never got a complete answer. Is this unavailable investigator the exact same one that's being investigated? There's a BCI investigator, that I thought was the lead on the Rhoden case, being investigated.

You would think she would if they offered her any kind of reduced sentence or even probation. I don't think she'd have to explain a straight up guilty plea though unless she was then later called to testify at a W trial? Even then, if subpoenaed, I think she could probably take the 5th because anything she said could possibly lead to new charges of accessory to the murders, which she's not charged with right now. It's all very interesting to me, wondering how her defense will be stated, who can or can't be called to her trial or if she's just going to bite the bullet and plea guilty.

Often the prosecution will tack on allocution as part of the plea deal. I'm hopeful that if a deal is offered, that will be the case here.

"For reasons stated on file"? So does that mean that investigator is still not available? I know I asked this before but never got a complete answer. Is this unavailable investigator the exact same one that's being investigated? There's a BCI investigator, that I thought was the lead on the Rhoden case, being investigated.

No, not the one. Ryan Scheiderer is the one needed to testify in Rita's case.

I would like to think that Chris Sr. maybe did injure one or more, it seems he put up a fight.

I'd like it if every doggone one of them had a permanent scar or physical injury out of the deal...some daily physical reminder that even though they attacked men, women, and children like cowards in the dead of night, that the Rs still fought back and managed to wound them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam