CA - 3 dead, including gunman, Saugus High School, Santa Clarita, 14 Nov 2019

VIDEO students discuss what happened, poor kids are so traumatized, but everyone helped one another. imo.
Santa Clarita, California school shooting: Live updates - CNN
29 min ago
Students had practiced active shooter drills before

Students at Saugus High School, where a shooter opened fire today, said they had practiced active shooter drills in school.

The drill "helped us because they said if you're not in a classroom, find a classroom," one student said.

She went on to explain how they escaped:

"We weren't by a classroom, but we couldn't run over there because we thought he was over there. We ran through the fence, luckily it was open, and we got as far away from campus as we could. We just kept running because we didn't know where he was. We learned just to run."
22 min ago
UPDATE: L.A. County Sherriffs department confirms the suspect is not dead but is being treated at a local hospital and is in custody. CNN previously reported the suspect was dead, citing two law enforcement sources.
rbbm.

So sad, yet again.
Prayers for all families of the victims and those that lived it.
Yes. I have a friend who lives about 2 miles from there. I texted him to ask if his daughters, who are now in college, went there. They didn't, but he knows the school well, and also knows people with kids that do go there currently.

Yes. I have a friend who lives about 2 miles from there. I texted him to ask if his daughters, who are now in college, went there. They didn't, but he knows the school well, and also knows people with kids that do go there currently.
So sad as one Family for sure so far is about to or has gotten bad news.

LA County Sheriff was on a call speaking to Fox News, and stated that the shooter was among the victims who had been evacuated from school for transport to a medical facility.

Gone are the days when you just steered clear of the bully who might inflict some bruises or a black eye.

Unfortunately, our high school "crazies" and "bullies" were dangerous back decades ago, and the emphasis is on decades. Every morning we had to go through metal detectors, have our open bags opened, and present our ID's before we started class. It didn't scar or scare us mentally, but it did make us more aware of our surroundings.

Six Santa Clarita students are detained for online threats, officials say

two months ago a half dozen teens were detained from this high school. current news says it's "unclear" if the two incidents are related. nor if anyone involved was today's shooter...

SEP. 12, 2019

4:42 PM
Six high school students in Santa Clarita were detained on felony criminal threats charges Wednesday and taken to a juvenile detention center after authorities were alerted to threats the teenagers had made online.

A William S. Hart Union School District staff member discovered the social media posts “regarding committing acts of school violence” and alerted authorities, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Detectives and deputies quickly investigated and determined which young people had made the posts, according to the agency.

The Sheriff’s Department said in a news release Thursday that there’s no current threat to students, staff or schools in Santa Clarita regarding the posts.

Just popping in quickly to add my condolences and a prayer.

Even 20 years later, I have learned to stay away from threads such as this one for my own mental wellbeing. Thank you to those of you who are following and helping give the victims a voice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back