Found Deceased NY - John Sexton, 18, failed to show up for classes, Chateaugay, 10 Nov 2019

rainynights

Reaction score
State Police in Troop B are attempting to locate 18-year-old John R. Sexton of Chateaugay, who was reportedly last seen on November 10, 2019, at approximately 1 p.m. leaving his residence on foot. Sexton is 5 feet 9 inches tall, and approximately 170 pounds with blond hair and hazel eyes. Sexton is a senior at Chateaugay Central School and he also failed to show up for classes today. Anyone with information is asked to contact the New York State Police at (518) 873-2750.

74645291_2173682522733480_5433284885303263232_n.jpg 76269526_2173690822732650_9206918124517982208_n.jpg

New York State Police

New York State Police search for missing teenager

“We have utilized canine assets, we’re now utilizing snowmobiles and drones in the area surrounding his residence," says [Police spokeswoman Jennifer] Fleishman. "So we have multiple assets that we’re utilizing to try to locate John.”

Because it’s an ongoing investigation, Fleishman wouldn’t comment on whether foul play is suspected in John Sexton disappearance.

Missing Teenager: Police continue search for Chateaugay HS senior

It seems John was missing for two day before anyone became concerned. Has John done this before and maybe parents thought he was hanging out with friends but when he didn't show up to school then they became concerned. No mention if John had cell phone and if so did he have it with him when he left home.

New York State Police

**PLEASE SHARE**

State Police continue search efforts for the missing Chateaugay teen, 18-year-old John R. Sexton of Chateaugay, who was last seen on November 10, 2019, at approximately 1 p.m. leaving his residence on foot. Sexton is 5 feet 9 inches tall, and approximately 170 pounds with blond hair and hazel eyes. He was last seen wearing camouflage coveralls. Sexton is a senior at Chateaugay Central School and he also failed to show up for classes this week. Anyone with information is asked to contact the New York State Police at (518) 873-2750.

76184934_2177892808979118_461958302876565504_o.jpg

Could he have been heading out to do some hunting or check on a tree stand and had an accident?

It's been bitterly cold in the northern part of the state, and they've had a lot of snow so far this year -- my niece is competing in State cross-country finals tomorrow in Plattsburgh (30 miles east of Chateaugay), and they had to change the course because of the amount of snow (plus it's supposed to be a balmy 19*, brrr!)

Could he have been heading out to do some hunting or check on a tree stand and had an accident?

It's been bitterly cold in the northern part of the state, and they've had a lot of snow so far this year -- my niece is competing in State cross-country finals tomorrow in Plattsburgh (30 miles east of Chateaugay), and they had to change the course because of the amount of snow (plus it's supposed to be a balmy 19*, brrr!)

Yes, could be...is it known if he took something with him to hunt with? Hunting is totally out of my league..but I suppose you take a gun or something like that? There are big body's of water....is it frozen?

Yes, could be...is it known if he took something with him to hunt with? Hunting is totally out of my league..but I suppose you take a gun or something like that? There are big body's of water....is it frozen?

I'm not a hunter, either, but I believe that bow season is open in NYS right now and regular gun season opens tomorrow. The camouflage coveralls made me think of the garb my friends' husbands wear when they are hunting, so wondered if that was what this young man was doing.

Lakes/ponds are not frozen over yet, just a thin covering of ice in the mornings.

I'm not a hunter, either, but I believe that bow season is open in NYS right now and regular gun season opens tomorrow. The camouflage coveralls made me think of the garb my friends' husbands wear when they are hunting, so wondered if that was what this young man was doing.

Lakes/ponds are not frozen over yet, just a thin covering of ice in the mornings.

The coveralls could be some kind of hint...thanks....didn't think of that.

I would like to know if he, besides wearing a coverall, has personal items with him, took other clothes etc. when he left? Is there anything missing at his residence? What was his state of mind? Did he talk to his parents, friends before he went. Did he spoke about plans in live, things he wanted to achieve, places he wanted to see ....There is very little info to go on.

Article posted above said he headed out to do barn chores.

So no one noticed he didn't come back in the house, or maybe they thought he did?

Article posted above said he headed out to do barn chores.

So no one noticed he didn't come back in the house, or maybe they thought he did?

I'm not sure what to make of it. So he went to do some tasks in the barn, a barn? What article is stating that...couldn't find it...oh...I understand now...I couldn't read some of the articles posted due to privacy laws.......

New York State Police believe Sexton may have left the area. According to a release posted on Friday, Nov. 15, no criminal charges are pending in the case. Troopers are still asking anyone with information to contact them at (518) 873-2750.

Missing Teenager: Police believe Chateaugay student left the area

Why do the police think John has left the area. I assume police have interviewed the parents, family, friends and teachers to get some insight into John's state of mind in recent weeks. Maybe they found evidence that suggests that John was planning to leave home such as missing clothes and or cash or social media searches. I have not seen any public statements from John's parents or family but maybe they want to keep this a private matter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back