CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't have much to work with, but I would think they would at least try to come up with some questions for the witnesses.

I'm looking forward to hearing their explanation too.

It's almost like the defense is setting him up for an appeal bc of ineffective counsel.

I also wondered if the preponderance of evidence is what drove everyone to agree to such a closed trial.

Curious why you'd like to Ma testify, MG. I don't see where she would add much. So she witnessed the fire but that's already well established that it happened, contained plastic and tooth fragments. If she actually knew PF was going to or did kill Kelsey, don't you think she'd just lie and say she didn't? As for anything implicating herself, she'll take the 5th.

Personally, I'd be way more excited if PF testified knowing he'd totally bury himself.
PF called KK and his mother from the condo after he murdered KB. I would like to know what he told his mother.

Excluding some previously unknown witness or evidence of crucial value, the prosecution has been *thorough so it must be something or someone the defense wants to present.

*fixed typo
I am also wondering if it is somebody that the defense wants to present. Leaving this person until last to cause some sort of doubt to the prosecutors case. Not that I believe there can be.

I’m asking a question not just of you but of everyone - now that we’ve gone thru 2 weeks of trial, have you changed any theories you had before NOV 1? I’ll use you for one example - I believe you at one time thought that KB2 was not present in the condo at the time of the murder. Has trial testimony changed your opinion?
I thought the tooth would be a hit. I also was worried SF2 would maybe cover for PF.

So IMO family and friends must be the advocate no matter how silly we think we may look to LE - we can look to our own technology (phone location apps like Snapchat life360 etc) having a key to our homes given to close friends and family - knowing your people (I text or call my regulars) and knowing and trusting your instincts all can help - if anyone I know went missing - I would be absolutely a PIA for LE and the news media until I knew they were safe - but I’m a sleuther- maybe I’m weird? But I have told friends and family these stories we follow - if something happened to me I’m certain they would be advocates - maybe each of us should make sure there are people who would do the same ? In honor of Kelsey?
Yes. Encouraging people to relentlessly follow up if they suspect something is wrong was the main reason NA agreed to do media interviews. Unfortunately too often that point was edited out. I’ve said several times I’m not sure I would have been brave enough to call police so quickly. Thankfully NA is not only a great friend but one gutsy lady!

Hopefully none us will have to report a friend or loved one missing, but if we do the words used can matter. LE may balk when an adult is reported “missing“ but usually respond quickly to “welfare check” requests. In KBs case that didn’t amount to much—yes LE rolled out to “investigate” but left when she didn’t answer the door. Fortunately, as Frederick police demonstrated that’s not the norm.

I really want KB’s local LE to be forced to explain their understanding of a welfare check’s purpose. And why they even bother. Because driving to KB’s home only to report “yep, we couldn’t get her to answer either so we left” seems a puzzling waste of time. Not one bit helpful IMO.

I’m asking a question not just of you but of everyone - now that we’ve gone thru 2 weeks of trial, have you changed any theories you had before NOV 1? I’ll use you for one example - I believe you at one time thought that KB2 was not present in the condo at the time of the murder. Has trial testimony changed your opinion?
I will answer that. My mind has not changed as far as believing PF is guilty. One thing that I think the trial has solidified my belief in is that he washed his clothes at KB's after he killed her and that's why he was there for so long. My other theories about it were that he was naked when he killed her or he had extra clothes there or brought a change of clothes with him. The smart thing to do would have been to burn the clothes, but he's making excuses for having KB's blood on his clothes and boots. The prints in blood were boot prints, so I don't think he was naked. He could have had a change of clothes, but I think he would have been out of there much sooner. If he washed the clothes while the blood was still wet, I think it wouldn't leave visible stains, although still forensically detectable and the stains might reappear later, although probably as a brown or light tan color. Removing stains on laundry has a lot to do with the hardness or softness of the wash water.

The other thing I've changed my mind about is SF. I think she is a controlling monster to PF, not a loving mother. My first opinion of her was that PF was the Golden Child. There's so much family drama with PF's dad's estate and SF calling KB a hooker and threatening to call Animal Control on PF, I bet this is the MO of this family- they all hate or at least dislike and distrust each other. Maybe she hated everyone he dated, maybe he fed that hate. I think he did. I don't know if he was too immature and irresponsible to move out and was just using SF because he couldn't support himself if he left the Franch or if she kept him there and dependent on living there with threats and the idea that the ranch would be his. It could be she wanted him to leave and he wouldn't go. It could be she was afraid of him, but she would still protect him against others. I imagine it's like most families- complicated relationships that no one else can truly understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong