The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't cope with Beatrice's eyes, who knew eyes could be too big! I'm really hoping her wedding will make me warm to her (as with her sister). Let's hope nobody turns up in as ugly a hat as the one she wore for W&K's wedding.

I've known one single person in real life who has eyes similar to Beatrice and they always disturbed me as a child. I am not saying that to be mean but just to be honest. It is not ugly, it's just unique and most people aren't used to it. I have yet to run into another person with those type of eyes!

Maybe they are scouting out US residential possibilities?

Harry gets a chance to explore Meghan’s home town with her? I think she lived in Toronto for six seven years? Visit school chums as well as celebrity pals?

Visiting her Mom. Introducing Archie to her Dad?

Meeting with US lawyers re law suit with the press?

California is a lot warmer than most of the US.

A slew of celebrity friends have homes in LA.

Getting some rest and relaxation? Doing lots of yoga?

I don’t they’ll be going to Disney world, lol!

It’s all a ruse to throw off the press?

After the early cold weather and snow we've been having lately, please sign me up for the Southern California Christmas package. :cool: :D

Warm weather, palm trees, rest and yoga, celebrity watching? Count me in!

Seriously, Harry and Meghan shouldn't be criticized for this trip. William and Kate did the same, too. I recall reading about their Christmas at the Middleton home with Christmas trees in every guest room, etc.

I wonder if they will still attend the annual Christmas lunch for all the royal family at BP

After the early cold weather and snow we've been having lately, please sign me up for the Southern California Christmas package. :cool: :D

Warm weather, palm trees, rest and yoga, celebrity watching? Count me in!

Seriously, Harry and Meghan shouldn't be criticized for this trip. William and Kate did the same, too. I recall reading about their Christmas at the Middleton home with Christmas trees in every guest room, etc.

I don't think they are being criticized for this trip. I think ppl are trying to understand how they will continue being part of the royal family and the roles that come with it or they choose to leave. It is going to be really hard to face the music if they continue to alienate themselves. Hopefully this 6 week break will allow them to figure out what they want in life. This is why they should have waited to get married. I don't think they talked much about their future roles and what they wanted.

UPDATE: HELLO! has confirmed that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not be spending Christmas at Sandringham this year.

AKA as babymaking time

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will reportedly spend Christmas in the US
I am curious where exactly they will be staying - with her mom at her mother's house? with all their security agents and nanny- if she has one? I recall seeing the video of Princess Diana showing off Harry to the other children at Christmas (I think it is in the Queen's 90th birthday documentary) - he was about 3 months old. She had on blue - I don't understand why they can't pop in for a bit then fly off to CA ? It doesn't have to be on Christmas Day or even Christmas Eve since others gather there? But I guess they just want to be alone with her mom? Of course it is their choice where to spend their holidays. But the Queen is not going to be around forever - IMO they should take that into consideration.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge paid a private visit to my home city yesterday to visit Brink Bar as patron of Action on Addiction.

There are no pictures but here she is in 2012.

Attachments

• IMG_20191114_155056.jpg
    IMG_20191114_155056.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I know this sometimes gets old - but I love seeing these old pictures of Princess Diana
Meghan Markle's Remembrance Day outfit looks similar to one worn by Princess Diana in 1991, fans say | Daily Mail Online
snipped
Princess Diana is still praised for her perfectly polished royal style.

So it is of no surprise the Duchess of Sussex turns to the late royal for inspiration when dressing for high profile royal events.

Yesterday Meghan Markle, 38, channelled Diana in an all-black ensemble when she joined senior royals for the Remembrance Sunday commemorations at the Cenotaph.

The outfit looked strikingly similar to one the Princess wore to the Cenotaph in 1991.

20870572-7673249-Royal_enthusiasts_were_sent_into_frenzy_after_the_Duchess_of_Sus-a-4_1573493293570.jpg

+27
fff-hover.png

20868486-7673249-Princess_Diana_at_the_Remembrance_Sunday_service_in_London_in_19-m-3_1573493287755.jpg

+27
Touching tribute: Meghan Markle (left), 38, channelled Diana in an all-black ensemble when she joined senior royals for the Remembrance Sunday commemorations at the Cenotaph. The outfit looked strikingly similar to one the Princess wore to the Cenotaph in 1991 (right)

Meghan wrapped up in an elegant £1,545 belted wool Stella McCartney coat as she joined the Countess of Wessex and Princess Anne's husband Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Lawrence on the Whitehall balcony.

She wore the coat over what appeared to be a black round-neck dress and finished the look with a dramatic wide brim hat with a leather ribbon.
Meghan let her statement headgear do the talking on the day, only adorning her outfit with a single poppy to show her respects to the fallen.

Happy birthday Prince Charles.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Share New Photo of Archie to Wish Prince Charles a Happy Birthday

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Share New Photo of Archie to Wish Prince Charles a Happy Birthday!
Too bad it isn’t really a NEW photo of a 6-month old Archie with Prince Charles.

They’re awfully stingy with the photos for the general public, yet their favorite celebritities get a personal visit and get to brag about it. Like it’s a special promotional deal.

Ugh. These two are mental

Too bad it isn’t really a NEW photo of a 6-month old Archie with Prince Charles.

They’re awfully stingy with the photos for the general public, yet their favorite celebritities get a personal visit and get to brag about it. Like it’s a special promotional deal.

IMO Harry is being led around like a puppy dog--'I am with you---cant stand either one of
the, especially her-- it seems they just live to buck the norm

upload_2019-11-14_19-26-8.png
Above: Do the British really hold their tea and coffee in this manner. The coffee cup looks way too small.
coffee.jpg

Above: Yes, that's the way Canadians hold their coffee cups. Any size smaller, don't bother serving.

Source: Goodhousekeeping . com "16 Hosting Rules Kate Middleton Never Breaks"
Source: Tim Hortons

In our family, unless the grandparents cannot fly/drive due to health issues, they come to the baby. Traveling with a baby is rough . ( of course, I didn't have a nanny ). And with the ages of those ( great) grandparents, I cannot believe they aren't going to spend time with them over Christmas.Well, actually I can; just the latest display of ownership

Precious comes to my mind.

IMO Harry is being led around like a puppy dog--'I am with you---cant stand either one of
the, especially her-- it seems they just live to buck the norm

Do you feel she fell in love with being a royal?

I think the Queen should have a long chat to Ol’ Megs because heaven help the royal family, as we knew it, when our queen steps down.

She’s a pimple trying to get a head.
I’m over Ol’ Megs

I don't think they are being criticized for this trip. I think ppl are trying to understand how they will continue being part of the royal family and the roles that come with it or they choose to leave. It is going to be really hard to face the music if they continue to alienate themselves. Hopefully this 6 week break will allow them to figure out what they want in life. This is why they should have waited to get married. I don't think they talked much about their future roles and what they wanted.

Yeah, they need to figure this out. I'm still amazed that a woman of Meghan's age and experience was unaware of what the monarchy represents and the role it plays in British government, culture, customs and daily life. It reflects poorly on the US that she treats members of the monarchy and their assistants with disrespect and disdain.

Yeah, they need to figure this out. I'm still amazed that a woman of Meghan's age and experience was unaware of what the monarchy represents and the role it plays in British government, culture, customs and daily life. It reflects poorly on the US that she treats members of the monarchy and their assistants with disrespect and disdain.

We know you guys aren’t all like megan. I think. Maybe. ;)

Love from Australia.

4B36D875-9A0B-4422-A213-4EAFD2E3E51E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members