CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s going to be something reasonably big, as the defense is trying to keep this witness or information out.

The fact that it’s coming so late too, means that it’s probably significant.

We probably shouldn’t get our hopes too high, but I’ll be pretty surprised if we don’t get to say “bombshell” or “huge,” or “he’s toast,” one more time.
SO, perhaps "the nail in the coffin" poor KB will never RIP in. :(
Moo

Can't sleep. Catching up on this thread finally. Looking forward to being able to follow more closely tomorrow. Already thinking ahead to next week and the defense case. Do we know if PF will testify? I'm thinking no. Could defense have any experts that could try to challenge parts of prosecution testimony? I'm thinking yes but what parts? Certainly nothing related to the cell phone and video evidence. The condo evidence seems irrefutable too. Same as the hay, burn evidence, I suppose they will go after the softer pieces and try to possibly show that someone else wanted to kill Kelsey? Seems like such an impossible task. I'm expecting a fairly fast defense case. Thank you for everyone's posts!

Can't sleep. Catching up on this thread finally. Looking forward to being able to follow more closely tomorrow. Already thinking ahead to next week and the defense case. Do we know if PF will testify? I'm thinking no. Could defense have any experts that could try to challenge parts of prosecution testimony? I'm thinking yes but what parts? Certainly nothing related to the cell phone and video evidence. The condo evidence seems irrefutable too. Same as the hay, burn evidence, I suppose they will go after the softer pieces and try to possibly show that someone else wanted to kill Kelsey? Seems like such an impossible task. I'm expecting a fairly fast defense case. Thank you for everyone's posts!
Don't blink or you will miss the whole defense case!
Closing arguments probably tomorrow.

So the plan right now is for the prosecution to finish up in the morning, and rest their case.

The defense apparently will only need a few hours to present, as they also believe this should all wrap up tomorrow.

If all goes according to plan, closing arguments should come at the end of the day. If the judge feels there is time, the jury will begin their deliberations at this point.

They’ll start back up on Monday, and will hopefully make PF a convicted felon by around lunch time.

My guess is that the defense will call their investigators, and perhaps try to cast doubt on KK’s claims. Judging by the amount of time they plan to devote to this (mere hours), they clearly don’t have much.

But we already knew that...

It’s going to be something reasonably big, as the defense is trying to keep this witness or information out.

The fact that it’s coming so late too, means that it’s probably significant.

We probably shouldn’t get our hopes too high, but I’ll be pretty surprised if we don’t get to say “bombshell” or “huge,” or “he’s toast,” one more time.

I recall Court broke for lunch early and I thought it was due to out of town/state witness arriving at 1 pm but I don't recall an out of town witness testifying this afternoon. o_O

I think that witness arrived in Cripple Creek and defense is challenging this witness taking the stand. MOO

from part 2 tippy lyns most excellent time line.

COUNT 3-MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
On or about November 22, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously, acting alone or with one or more persons, committed or attempted to commit Robbery and, in the course of or in furtherance of that crime, or in the immediate flight therefrom, the death of Kelsey Berreth, a person, other than one of the participants, was cause by anyone.

i still am at a loss to what count 3 really pertains to.
why was it worded that way.

is it yet another smoking gun we are yet to see?

moo

There's a David Bentley, PhD, who's a professor at the University of Colorado Denver's School of Medicine.
Looks like he specializes in Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, including RNA stuff. Maybe him?
Not sure why he'd be called, unless it would be to explain the science of the forensic evidence to the lay jurors.

I dunno. Will be interesting to find out who the mysterious "Bentley" is and what they have to offer on the stand.

Maybe he's the one willing to say that sticky substance was a human body?

It's 3 AM or I'd go out there and see what he's published.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a David Bentley, PhD, who's a professor at the University of Colorado Denver's School of Medicine.
Looks like he specializes in Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, including RNA stuff. Maybe him?
Not sure why he'd be called, unless it would be to explain the science of the forensic evidence to the lay jurors.

I dunno. Will be interesting to find out who the mysterious "Bentley" is and what they have to offer on the stand.

Well if Dan May hopes to bore the jurors to death before the defense takes over, that looks like the guy to call.

Maybe it’s country singer Dierks Bentley.

I hope it is, because I just like saying “Dierks.”

Who names their kid “Dierks” anyways?

from part 2 tippy lyns most excellent time line.

COUNT 3-MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
On or about November 22, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously, acting alone or with one or more persons, committed or attempted to commit Robbery and, in the course of or in furtherance of that crime, or in the immediate flight therefrom, the death of Kelsey Berreth, a person, other than one of the participants, was cause by anyone.

i still am at a loss to what count 3 really pertains to.
why was it worded that way.

is it yet another smoking gun we are yet to see?

moo

I don't think so. This charge is an aggravator for a murder charge. It's a fact that PF/KK removed KB's property without her consent i.e., phone, gun, keys, etc. and KB killed during the commission of taking her property.

It's similar to CW being charged with 3 counts of murder plus two additional murder charges for the children as they were under age 11 (an aggravator for murder). CW ended up with 5 total murder charges, and in this case, PF has 2.

MOO

Last edited:
Maybe he's the one willing to say that sticky substance was a human body?

It's 3 AM or I'd go out there and see what he's published.

<modsnip>

GK deleted his post about potential witness Dr. Bentley but I found this little nugget about RNA, his field of interest at the University of Colorado:

"The molecular identification of body fluids by analysis of cell-specific mRNA expression already represents a new technique supplementing DNA analysis in forensic cases."

Nothing to base anything on but I hope and pray he's the witness and there's more corroboration that the sticky substance in that burn pit was Kelsey and her parents get to bury her.

Last edited:
GK deleted his post about potential witness Dr. Bentley but I found this little nugget about RNA, his field of interest at the University of Colorado:

"The molecular identification of body fluids by analysis of cell-specific mRNA expression already represents a new technique supplementing DNA analysis in forensic cases."

Nothing to base anything on but I hope and pray he's the witness and there's more corroboration that the sticky substance in that burn pit was Kelsey and her parents get to bury her.
Click on that DNA Analysis link above and read the kind of things that make sense to the witnesses we've been hearing from. This sentence got me: "DNA analysis is an essential tool for identifying and reassociating commingled human remains, especially for large commingled assemblages." Well, yeah.

I don't think so. This charge is an aggravator for a murder charge. It's a fact that PF/KK removed KB's property without her consent i.e., phone, gun, keys, etc. and KB killed during the commission of taking her property.

It's similar to CW being charged with 3 counts of murder plus two additional murder charges for the children as they were under age 11 (an aggravator for murder). CW ended up with 5 total murder charges, and in this case, PF has 2.

MOO
your explanations are always clear and concise @Seattle1 :cool:
thank you :)x

I am up and making chicken noodle soup and catching up on the case.

I will be honest with you all. The jury pool scares me out here. These are definitely a trial of HIS peers. I’m crossing my fingers.

Nah, he's a goner!

I don't think they need anymore bombshells, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain he's guilty.

Now pass some of that soup will ya, it's lunchtime and I'm starving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member