Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘I’m not going to stop’: Mother of Aniah Blanchard pleads for information in daughter’s kidnapping
rbbm.
"For Harris, her mother’s intuition kicked in before this incident

“A couple of months after she was down there we went down to visit,” Harris explained. “I don’t know, something came over me. I said, ‘Aniah I’m scared - I’m scared for you,’ but of course I had to let her live her life, she was happy, she was going to school, working, and had her dog.”
Harris’s life is now consumed with searching for Blanchard and pleading for information on where to find her.
“That’s the only thing that got me up today," said Harris. “That’s all I have, I have to do it for her.”
If you have any information on where police can locate Aniah Blanchard, call 334-215-STOP."
Hmmm, I wonder why mom felt scared months prior???? Was one of AB’s neighbors, friends or roommates involved in something scary? Brought scary people around?

Wow are him and his lawyer really trying to silence her parents as well? They have been through already.
Crazy how the system works. How it can re-victimize the victims. How the rights of a criminal are often protected over the rights of the victim. The Harris’s are their daughters voice right now. I said this the other day but they are going to continue to need a lot of strength and courage to fight to get their daughter back. It’s in no way going to be made easy for them.
I am reminded once again of the Heather Elvis case and at the end of the last trial when Moorer received 30 years her parents stated he still had their daughter kidnapped. They still don’t have their daughter. Her dad even said he would be ok with Moorer walking if he would just tell them where their daughter is.
The Harris’s likely feel much the same way. All they want is their daughter back. Yes the public of course wants this person to be locked away and pay for his crime but as her parents i would imagine that means very little to them when he’s still committing the crime and has their daughter somewhere.jmo

“I’m just going to keep on, I’m not going to stop,” said Harris said. “I want my baby back, I had Aniah on my birthday, we’ve always had a special bond.”

Snip

“Nothing is moving fast enough for me - or for her,” she said. “I want her to be alive, if she’s out there, we have to get to her.”

Snip

“I feel like I don’t even have a heart. It’s like it’s gone – like it’s been ripped out. I’m just a shell of a human being, but I’m trying to be strong for her.”

Snip

“That’s the only thing that got me up today," said Harris. “That’s all I have, I have to do it for her.”
‘I’m not going to stop’: Mother of Aniah Blanchard pleads for information in daughter’s kidnapping

Crazy how the system works. How it can re-victimize the victims. How the rights of a criminal are often protected over the rights of the victim. The Harris’s are their daughters voice right now. I said this the other day but they are going to continue to need a lot of strength and courage to fight to get their daughter back. It’s in no way going to be made easy for them.
I am reminded once again of the Heather Elvis case and at the end of the last trial when Moorer received 30 years her parents stated he still had their daughter kidnapped. They still don’t have their daughter. Her dad even said he would be ok with Moorer walking if he would just tell them where their daughter is.
The Harris’s likely feel much the same way. All they want is their daughter back. Yes the public of course wants this person to be locked away and pay for his crime but as her parents i would imagine that means very little to them when he’s still committing the crime and has their daughter somewhere.jmo
IY's lawyer is already trying to capitalize on WH's status as an MMA fighter. He likened WH's remark in an interview of IY being pure evil to a threat of some sort.

He's comes off as a pretty good criminal defense attorney from everything I have seen.

“Beaver’s motion also states that Harris has made statements that constitute a threat to Yazeed’s safety. The motion cites Harris’ interview with WBRC in which he “states that he was at the hearing and, ‘You could see the evil on this guy,’ referring to the defendant,” the motion reads.”

www.oanow.com/tncms/asset/editorial/145273bc-9d87-5d3e-b2cc-f36e86b0afe2

Last edited:
Aniah Blanchard’s family speaks to Dr. Phil; suspect receiving death threats, attorney says

IY attorney says poor guy deserves bond because he's not violent- just falsely accused of violence.
If no bond, he wants him held in Montgomery (where all of his buddies are) where he is in no danger.
Also of interest: Parents think It is possible that she was set up by a mutual acquaintance.
I don't know how some people sleep at night. His lawyer being one of them.

Do you know what he was out on bond for? Attempted murder, yes, but he picked 2 men up (kidnapped them) randomly & the only reason he was caught & the two men survived, was because somebody called police because they saw IY driving erratically. As a result of that call to police, police pulled IY over & saved the two men. If nobody called police that day, the 77 year old man and his Adult son (I believe it was his son) would have likely been killed. It was reported that all the cash obtained in that robbery was $40. IY did all of that (nearly beat a 77 year old man to death) for $40. The 77 year old man was almost beaten to death. The important part of info is that in that case, it was completely random with no known ties between IY and his victims; he basically drove around and found these two men & kidnapped them. Much like what happened to Aniah.
I wish there were more details about this case to help us understand his MO. I can’t tell if the men were staying at the hotel or were taken there, but my guess is staying there. They were robbed of cash, a Rolex, a gun, and clothes, if I remember right. This makes a lot more sense to me as a strategy than kidnapping a random person at a gas station.

I also can’t figure out what happened to the second man. They were not both found in the car, as far as I can tell. Did they just leave him at the hotel? Did he call 911? Why not kill him if that’s their thing? And, then what? They carried this unconscious beaten up old man out to the parking lot and shoved him in a car and hoped no one would notice? Where were they taking him? This whole thing doesn’t scream seasoned criminals to me, and it also doesn’t really fit with Aniah’s case IMO. Not sure what it all means, but it’s a little confusing.

I wish there were more details about this case to help us understand his MO. I can’t tell if the men were staying at the hotel or were taken there, but my guess is staying there. They were robbed of cash, a Rolex, a gun, and clothes, if I remember right. This makes a lot more sense to me as a strategy than kidnapping a random person at a gas station.

I also can’t figure out what happened to the second man. They were not both found in the car, as far as I can tell. Did they just leave him at the hotel? Did he call 911? Why not kill him if that’s their thing? And, then what? They carried this unconscious beaten up old man out to the parking lot and shoved him in a car and hoped no one would notice? Where were they taking him? This whole thing doesn’t scream seasoned criminals to me, and it also doesn’t really fit with Aniah’s case IMO. Not sure what it all means, but it’s a little confusing.
It's a lot confusing. We aren't going to be able to find anything out with the gag order in place. What little we could piece together was coming from the parents, now they want to silence them

I know what you mean, but this was a chat conversation between Aniah (?) and her roommate. The only way for it to spread is for her roommate to have told Summer about it. Summer shares the name Eric on Twitter the same day Aniah is reported missing. It has always seemed unlikely to me that one of the first things Aniah’s roommate did was call Summer to fill her in.

And, even if she did, Summer doesn’t even get the day that Aniah went missing correct in her original tweet. You would think if she had just been given the story by Aniah’s roommate, she would say “my best friend went missing last night,” not, “has been missing since Tuesday.” She seems really out of the loop to know such a specific detail. So I do wonder if multiple people knew about “Eric” in some way.
I really don’t think she had a date set up with “Eric”, or that she met him thru a dating app. I imagine what happened with Summer is that when they realized Aniah was missing, Aniah’s family called everyone she knew. First the roommate. Roommate tells them about the snapchat exchange. Then, when they talk to Summer, they ask if she’s seen Aniah, or if they know anything about this guy Eric that she mentions in the snaps. Summer then posts on social media and embellishes things, confuses things, etc.

I’ve said this before, and still think it’s a possible scenario...

Maybe IY (or an accomplice) struck up a conversation with Aniah as she was returning to her car at the Chevron. He turned on the charm and she was being polite. He introduces himself as “Eric”. Aniah gets the snap texts from her roommate and she responds, then says something like, well nice meeting you, gotta go now. Goes to get in her car and he turns violent and forces her into her car and kidnaps her.

That explains “Eric” and the roommate texts. But I’ve been wrong on so many things in this case, and others, so....

Maybe IY (or an accomplice) struck up a conversation with Aniah as she was returning to her car at the Chevron. He turned on the charm and she was being polite. He introduces himself as “Eric”. Aniah gets the snap texts from her roommate and she responds, then says something like, well nice meeting you, gotta go now. Goes to get in her car and he turns violent and forces her into her car and kidnaps her.

That explains “Eric” and the roommate texts. But I’ve been wrong on so many things in this case, and others, so....

Her roommate’s credibility is severely in question IMO.

As far as I can tell, she is the sole source regarding anything to do with Snapchat or “Eric”.

Hopefully LE can directly summon Snapchat for the data.

I really don’t think she had a date set up with “Eric”, or that she met him thru a dating app. I imagine what happened with Summer is that when they realized Aniah was missing, Aniah’s family called everyone she knew. First the roommate. Roommate tells them about the snapchat exchange. Then, when they talk to Summer, they ask if she’s seen Aniah, or if they know anything about this guy Eric that she mentions in the snaps. Summer then posts on social media and embellishes things, confuses things, etc.

Yes, I think information from the start was messy, and certain friends took it and ran relaying secondhand information as if it was first-hand information. Aniah was missing; people were scared and frantic and panicking. It's easy not to have all the facts logically sorted out. This often happens in not only cases like this significant other big news events like mass shootings. People report multiple shooters, and later on, when all the facts come out, it's rarely the case. Confusion happens because people are in emotional states and not thinking logically.

I just hope if someone close to Aniah got messed up with the wrong people and that person is young and scared and may not have meant for something terrible to happen to Aniah that that person knows they can still make things right and come forward with what they know and how they made a terrible mistake. People and the justice system can be very forgiving when you ultimately choose right over wrong.

A variation on this scenario, that just occurred to me...

Maybe Eric struck up a conversation with Aniah as she was returning to her car at the Chevron. A real Eric, not IY, not an accomplice. Maybe even a decent guy. Aniah gets the snap texts from her roommate and she responds, then says something like, well nice meeting you, gotta go now. Eric walks away, then as he’s leaving, he sees IY forcing Aniah into her car. His initial thought is oh no, that must be her boyfriend. When Eric sees the news the next day, his name is mentioned, he may be on video, he thinks, oh no, I’m going to be blamed for this. Freaks out and doesn’t call it in. LE tracks him down from the surveillance video. Eric is the witness.

I know, I have an active imagination. But can’t stop thinking about this.

BBM

I can really see this happening. Totally realistic given my experience of raising daughters and experiencing the vast array of girlfriends they have had in their lives over the years.
There is always that one that seems to over react in these situations. Some who do this are drama queens, some are attention seekers and some just don't have that filter that is needed in a sensitive situation. Those attention seekers will often over-state their relationship or knowledge about an event and insert themselves into such a situation.

Her roommate’s credibility is severely in question IMO.

As far as I can tell, she is the sole source regarding anything to do with Snapchat or “Eric”.

Hopefully LE can directly summon Snapchat for the data.
I’m not in the roommate-is-suspicious camp. But then, I haven’t been following social media. Maybe there’s some credible rumors out there.

In any case, Snapchat can only provide metadata (date, time, usernames), not the content of the exchange.
https://storage.googleapis.com/snap-inc/privacy/lawenforcement.pdf

Logs of Previous Snaps, Stories, and Chats
Logs contain metadata about a user’s Snaps, Stories, and Chats, but not the user’s content.

Content
Because Snap’s servers are designed to automatically delete most user content as described in Section III “How Snapchat Works” above, and because much of a user’s content is encrypted, we often cannot retrieve user content except in very limited circumstances.

Summer is not the roommate. Aniah's parents have stated several times that the roommate is reliable and completely destroyed over this. Summer is a different friend. They have also stated that Aniah's social media PMs and texts do not show her communicating with anyone that night. They have gotten into her accounts and there is no activity. I don't see any evidence that she was planning on meeting someone that night. They have also stated that they have reason to believe that she is not the one that sent those messages. I agree that the messages are weird, and they may even be the key to the whole thing.

I’m not in the roommate-is-suspicious camp. But then, I haven’t been following social media. Maybe there’s some credible rumors out there.

In any case, Snapchat can only provide metadata (date, time, usernames), not the content of the exchange.
https://storage.googleapis.com/snap-inc/privacy/lawenforcement.pdf

Logs of Previous Snaps, Stories, and Chats
Logs contain metadata about a user’s Snaps, Stories, and Chats, but not the user’s content.

Content
Because Snap’s servers are designed to automatically delete most user content as described in Section III “How Snapchat Works” above, and because much of a user’s content is encrypted, we often cannot retrieve user content except in very limited circumstances.
I think this was asked a while back, but I can’t remember where. Can someone who uses Snapchat explain what happens with these text conversations? Are they saved unless deleted like a Facebook chat? Auto-deleted? Time stamped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth