CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the fact, I am liking that forever and ever in eternity, this has been one of the most detailed cases written in the media by tweets. And Then followed by articles which were posted immediately, and then updated for perhaps two or three days to get the entire testimony for it to be documented. It indeed is a new era.

For everyone to see, forever!

It backfired on Patrick who wanted to be very private and didn't want anybody to know and not have media coverage, but the no media coverage made the media step up to the plate, and do very very detailed step-by-step and blow-by-blow testimony for each and every person on the stand. Kudos.

Isn’t it funny how many of us, myself included, were despondent at the court order of no recording in the courtroom, and then it turns around to such detailed coverage?

This is horrific.

I'm devastated for KB's poor dad.
He's being forced to listen to the graphic account of how his beloved daughter's body was beaten, and broken, and discarded, while her savage, completely impenitent killer sits blankly staring mere feet away. How his daughter pleaded for her life, until she couldn't plead any more.

It must have been exceedingly difficult for the DA to call forth such testimony, knowing how traumatic hearing such graphic details would be to KB's dad.

Dan May: You're a Hero.
Thank you.
Absolutely horrible!!!

This was probably what they were discussing with her dad in the judge's chambers yesterday, to try to prepare him. You just cannot be prepared for this though. My heart hurts for her family.

He walked Kelsey's baby through that scene.

He is evil.

Baby K is two years old. From what I've read, babies can remember events at that age.

Your Toddler’s Memory Is Better Than You Think

https://www.babycenter.com/404_when-will-my-baby-start-remembering-things_6888.bc

From the second link I posted:

Long-lasting conscious memory of specific events won't develop until your baby is between 14 and 18 months old.

I know the above data is debatable, but I wanted to point it out.

Last edited:
This is horrific.

I'm devastated for KB's poor dad.

He's being forced to listen to the graphic account of how his beloved daughter's body was beaten, and broken, and battered, while her savage killer sits blankly staring mere feet away.

Listening to how his daughter pleaded for her life, until her voice was silenced.

It must have been exceedingly difficult for the DA to call forth such testimony, knowing how traumatic hearing such graphic details would be to KB's dad.

Dan May: You're a Hero.
Thank you and the entire prosecution team for doing a yeoman's work throughout the trial.

Justice must be served.

I am very glad CB isn't in the courtroom. She knows all of this already, but it would be so devastating to be there and hear it. I honestly don't know how these family members do this....I'd have to be restrained. My prayers to Kelsey's family.

Yeah. I wasn’t aware that nose bleeds splatter across the whole room with high velocity. Ridiculous.
Yep no way
It would be very stupid of a prosecution to state in opening that the jury will see something that doesn’t exist. I’ve never seen that myself.

I have seen the defense do that though.
Yep. And this testimony as grizzly as it is, effectively shows the brutality of the attack and that the injuries KB suffered were catastrophic. Not that most of us had any doubt.

Is there any chance this testimony could be deemed "too prejudicial"? I'm sure they discussed this with the Judge and it was allowed but OMG - it is pretty horrific IMO. and the physical evidence of the indentations in the flooring matching a bat....

This was really hard to read. One day Baby K will be able to read it too and I think the judge made the right decision to ban all media the way he did and not let it become a circus. She was there!!! what wounds lies in her subconsious. I hope the Berreths adopts her so no Frazees will ever see her again.[/QUOTE)

I too believe the judge made the right decision to lock it down hard. This is way to emotional and someone could have disturbed the process causing a mistrial. I say get him now and lock him away. Angola prison in Louisiana sounds about right.

Last edited:
Vincente Arenas
Frazee murder trial update: dramatic testimony this morning. Blood spatter expert says #KelseyBerreth could have been hit by a baseball bat as many as 15 times. Kelsey‘s father and assistant district attorney break down and cry..
@KDVR
@channel2kwgn

Oh no ... this is so devastating - I can’t imagine how it is for the Berreth family .... so, so sad.

Is there any chance this testimony could be deemed "too prejudicial"? I'm sure they discussed this with the Judge and it was allowed but OMG - it is pretty horrific IMO. and the physical evidence of the indentations in the flooring matching a bat....

How might they try to claim that it’s too prejudicial?

I can't read another sentence about KK as the star witness. Star nothing. The only bright light was Kelsey, whose smile light up, Kelsey who loved being a mother.

KK saw that scene, just as PF left it. As a mother herself, she failed Kelsey in every way possible.

Blood on a baby gate....

God help us all.

Crime Chicken Fried
@CrimeFried

·
13s
An expert in crime scene reconstruction testified that #KelseyBerreth was beaten with a bat about 10-15 times or more, based on blood spatter evidence inside the Woodland Park townhome where she was reportedly killed. #PatrickFrazee closing arguments expected after lunch.

Did prosecution rest? Is the defense up? Seems to be a bit soon for closing arguments to be after lunch? I want to here if the defense crossed this witness and if the jury had questions too.

I can't read another sentence about KK as the star witness. Star nothing. The only bright light was Kelsey, whose smile light up, Kelsey who loved being a mother.

KK saw that scene, just as PF left it. As a mother herself, she failed Kelsey in every way possible.

Blood on a baby gate....

God help us all.

Agreed.

I don’t care how manipulative, narcissistic or sociopathic PF was towards KK.

She walked into a bloodbath.

Instead of turning and calling the police, she helped PF cover up in every way possible.

I hope her plea deal pays off in that PF gets convicted and put away for life.

How might they try to claim that it’s too prejudicial?
Because it is so horrifying that it should not have been allowed in at all? is that possible? - the father crying the *advertiser censored*'t DA in tears etc. I don't know what is grounds for an appeal - maybe @riolove77 or @gitana1 have an opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46