CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gitana1 posted this in thread #65... :)

Defense really never sets up ineffective assistance of counsel.

They’re not overwhelmed. Defense counsel is used to losing.

I think they just don’t have much. We mostly all saw that from the beginning. They’re going to try to say the evidence isn’t there and allows for another theory. But there no evidence of that.

Yeah.... ok, you’re right! Once those letters came out, any potential opportunity for the defense to claim the evidence wasn’t there went right out the window. Might as well not waste time and resources putting on a case for nothing. I hope PF hates prison.

JMO, but it looks more like PF was naming SF as his contact on the outside. Probably figuring mommy dearest would post bond for everybody in Cell Block A. PF is used to women doing what he tells them to do.

I'm especially impressed how he was clever with the code words, outsmarting his own self by PUTTING THE CODE IN WRITING.

Kelsey didn't know it at the time, but in losing her life, she saved her baby. PF will be behind bars for life. He won't get a chance to hurt her further.

Reeling with the Berreth family -- who never could have imagined that this kind of evil exists.

I'd like to see his paternity surgically removed.

MOO
One two Mays is coming for you.
There Four can plead the 5th no more.

<modsnip: redacted user ID>
What do they need more to convict this man on first degree charges! This would be incomprehensible
3:37 PM - 15 Nov 2019

@SamKraemerTV
It’s more about giving the jury the option. Judge Scott Sells said other convictions have been overturned because the jury wasn’t given the option to pursue a lesser charge

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone think they will try to pursue PF’s mom after this?

I’m glad they have the letters showing PF tried to solicit murders of witnesses. That way it this jury gets it wrong and selects a lesser charge (or no charge!), maybe they can use this as new charges to pursue to keep him in jail longer.

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Another #PatrickFrazee note, again to inmate Bentley, whom he allegedly sought help killing witnesses: "I've never been a criminal, but all this planning and talking gets my blood flowing. If I walk out, you and me could pull off all kinds of ****." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:24 PM - 15 Nov 2019

This is part of the post, by PommyMommy, on previous thread, No. 1401.
I feel we should continually check this, to see PF's state of mind.:eek:

PF needs murders, to keep his blood flowing.
Thank goodness, his blood will cease to flow as the coming murders, have been prevented.:D:D
So besides soliciting KK three times, we have loads more here.
BUT this inmate was so much smarter than KK.
He has reported the soliciting.
KK can stew in her own venom.
MOO.

Slater said he believed it was PF’s handwriting, and the defense never made any attempt to question their authenticity.

How would the inmate be able to fake those notes? He wouldn't know the names and numbers and addresses of all those witnesses. It had to be the genius cowboy that wrote those notes on Prison Stationary.

If PF is sending a message to SF in code, it's clear that he expected her to know what the code meant.

Who sets up an elaborate verbal code with their accused offspring to say something like 'the deed is done'?

Another one of the things we'll never get an answer about: what would SF have said if asked on the stand how she would have interpreted that coded message if it ever had been sent?

I think one potential ground for appeal might be if the defense tries to invalidate some of the evidence. Can they appeal for a retrial if they can successfully get a key piece of evidence tossed?

JMO
I will take a stab at answering the first part.

I think the phrase he was using with the snitch was the exact same one he already used when he called his Mom from KB's house after he killed her. Remember he made a call from KB's house right about the time he murdered KB. And lets not forget SF pleaded the 5th once before.

So I am willing to bet when he called SF from KB's house, he said "I took care of the horses" and I think they already had these code words worked out during KB's murder.

"The writer instructed the receiver to call or text “her” using a fake name to say the horses have been taken care of the elk hunt was successful."

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ex-inmate-says-frazee-asked-to-kill-witnesses

So Patrick wanted "her" to know "the elk hunt was successful".

We'll never get to know how much involvement "her" had in what happened to Kelsey but this sure sounds like "her" was to be kept up to date on plans for the witness hits.

I hope this gets pointed out in the town news and the shunning begins.
And this will hopefully ensure that lil K's custody will forever remain in the Bereth family.

What on earth will prison officials do with this inmate PF? I for one doubt he is done trying to off anyone who testified against him. Is he facing further charges now for solicitation? Will they put him in a super max prison to protect the ones on his hit list?

If her dwindling brain cells weren’t enough to learn a lesson after being implicated because of the things she did for that in human monster, hopefully this will wake her up. Her sentence will be watching over her shoulder for the rest of her life. And the children need to be taken as far away from her as possible.

justaparent,

justaparent, Her sentence will be watching over her shoulder for the rest of her life.
I agree.
KK, and many she knew, did not report the soliciting.
How many others, will not report, and KK is the target?
Word may somehow spread, to 'get KK' for snitching on PF.
She is in strife.
Wonder if now, 'witness protection' is her avenue, and we will not hear anything more about KK.
MOO.

You guys know what else I wonder about? Was there ever a deal offered? Like was manslaughter offered to PF? My opinion is that nothing was offered. Dan May knew he had this locked up. Which is also why I think May was being generous and allowed the Defense those other two options. May KNOWS this is in the bag. Gosh I hope I'm right.

Doesn't the defense have to request a deal in order for anything to be arrived at? I mean, the prosecution doesn't approach the defense with a plea offer, do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSuth07