CA - Keith Green, 27, found deceased, Millbrae, 28 April 2016 *not guilty*

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 / 03:27 PM PDT/
Updated: Sep 26, 2019 / 04:16 PM PDT
“REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KRON) – The morning after Keith Green vanished, police officers showed up on the front doorstep of heiress Tiffany Li’s Hillsborough mansion on West Santa Inez Avenue.

Homicide detectives were on the right path, according to prosecutors. The previous night, prosecutors said, Li had lured the father of her two young daughters into her mansion. Her new boyfriend then allegedly forced a gun inside Green’s mouth. He died instantly from a single gunshot wound, a forensic pathologist testified during this week’s murder trial.

[SBM]

[Li’s co-defendant, Kaveh] Bayat and Green were friends before they became tangled into a love triangle with the wealthy young heiress.

[SBM]

When police officers left Li’s mansion on the morning of April 29, 2016, she called Green’s cellphone.

No one answered. She left a voicemail. Li’s voice was calm as she said, ‘Police came to my house this morning. I guess you are missing or something? Give me a call back when you get this.’

[SBM]

On May 2, Li began searching on Google and Facebook for news articles with the keywords, ‘Keith Green, missing person,’ Sheriff’s Sgt. Johnathan Sebring testified. One article she read was headlined, ‘Sheriff calls Millbrae man’s disappearance suspicious.’

Meanwhile, Bayat was also searching the internet for news about Green’s missing person case, Sebring said. Bayat searched Google with the keywords, ‘Missing Millbrae man found,’ ‘Keith Green ex-girlfriend,’ and ‘Keith Green Millbrae Facebook.’

[SBM]

Prosecutors showed the jury the text messages exchanged between Li and Green the day of the homicide. In the morning, Li texted Green about meeting later that night to talk. First, Li suggested that they meet in a park at 9 p.m.

Green texted back saying that 9 p.m. was ‘kinda late’ to meet in a park. Li then suggested that they meet at Olivier Adella’s condo on Trousdale Drive in Burlingame. According to prosecutors, Adella was a bodyguard for Li and Bayat, and he had already been hired to dispose of Green’s body.

Li and Green eventually agreed on meeting across the street from an apartment where he had been staying recently. They met in the parking lot of a pancake restaurant.

[SBM]

The text messages allegedly exchanged between Adella and Bayat in the hours and days following the homicide are disturbing. Adella and Bayat trained together weight lifting. While they were texting each other about meeting up for a workout, Adella sent Bayat a photo of trash bags overflowing out of trash cans, investigators said. The next photo he sent showed the lids of the trash cans closed.

Adella cooperated with investigators in exchange for a plea deal that fell through less than a month before the long-delayed trial began. While he was still cooperating, Adella told detectives that Bayat showed him a gun, and gave him gloves.

Adella claimed Bayat told him, ” ‘I need you to take out the trash.’

[SBM]” (BBM)
Heiress on trial: Tiffany Li’s actions after homicide scrutinized

adella is an idiot!!! ugh why did he contact a witness? but... what would his motive be to kill green?

How?? (Not asking you, just rhetorically). Simply gutted.

TL is guilty IMO. It honestly make me question our judicial system...does $$ talk? Will still be following.
I am absolutely devastated for Keith’s mom and his daughters. And I agree: Li is 100% guilty of both murder and conspiracy, IMO.

But based strictly on what has been reported throughout the trial, I can also say with completely honesty I don’t believe her (or Bayat’s) guilt has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Having followed the case since the beginning, I KNOW Li and Bayat conspired to murder Keith, but I’m not sure I would have come to the same conclusion based solely on what was presented during the trial.

I also believe the prosecution did the very best they could under the circumstances. If it weren’t for Adella contacting a defense witness and then getting arrested on the very day the opening statements had been scheduled to start, things would have turned out much differently, IMO.

Last edited:
Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:49AM PT
“HILLSBOROUGH, Calif. (KGO) -- The prosecution's former star witness, Olivier Adella, was in court Tuesday as deliberations in the murder case against Hillsborough heiress Tiffany Li and her boyfriend, Kaveh Bayat, entered its ninth day.

[SBM]

Adella was jailed in September and prosecutors decided not to use him as a witness after he contacted a defense witness.

[SBM]

Adella is charged with murder and being an accessory after the fact but his fate is in limbo. No one expects him to be tried for murder since it would contradict the prosecution's theory in their case against Li and Bayat. Abanto told jurors that the evidence proves that Li and Bayat are the only two people with a motive and opportunity to kill Green.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Hillsborough heiress murder trial update: Jury completes 9th day of deliberations in case against Tiffany Li, Kaveh Bayat

Makes me sick to my stomach.

I am absolutely devastated for Keith’s mom and his daughters. And I agree: Li is 100% guilty of both murder and conspiracy, IMO.

But based strictly on what has been reported throughout the trial, I can also say with completely honesty I don’t believe her (or Bayat’s) guilt has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Having followed the case since the beginning, I KNOW Li and Bayat conspired to murder Keith, but I’m not sure I would have come to the same conclusion based solely on what was presented during the trial.

I also believe the prosecution did the very best they could under the circumstances. If it weren’t for Adella contacting a defense witness and then getting arrested on the very day the opening statements had been scheduled to start, things would have turned out much differently, IMO.

that guys an idiot. but he had zero motive though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back