CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MyBelle

Frazee trial: Letters say Frazee asked inmate to kill witnesses

"...In letter 9, Frazee allegedly claimed that the DA’s Office was working with Kenney to give her quotes to say so her testimony matched the circumstantial evidence in the case...."

I'm old so maybe I am hearing impaired, but that sounds like a claim that would be made during a trial, not way back Sept-Oct 2019. How would PF have developed this opinion before the trial to relay it to Bentley? Didn't Bentley admit to watching a TV show about the the case and/or googling about it? What about Bentley's pending testimony in Weld County re: another solicitation, that was brought up during cross and other issues brought up during cross? Did you find him credible?

JMO Bentley was not credible, not at all. I do not think his testimony reflected well on the Prosecution, they should have skipped him, and they certainly should not have rested with him. His testimony all sounds like the sort of nonsense drug addicts come up with when they are high. All JMO

If PF's fingerprints are not on the paper, he didn't write the notes.

The witnesses were identified in the media during the trial. Names and addresses are easily available on the Internet if one spends the time looking. The witness is a career criminal facing serious additional charges who admitted he wanted to profit from the notes and he managed to get a felony cut to a misdemeanor.

JMO
The letters were written before the trial.

Inmate: Kelsey Berreth murder suspect had asked for help murdering Krystal Lee before trial

Nov 15, 2019

During his testimony, Bentley said he was in county jail with Frazee from Sept. 26 to Oct. 12 — just weeks before his murder trial began on Nov. 1.

Bentley said when he first came to jail, he was in segregation and couldn’t get items from commissary. He said he first approached Frazee about potentially wiring him money to buy commissary items. The conversation later turned to a tattoo on his face that indicated his affiliation with the prison gang, the inmate testified.

[...]

He said Frazee was “curious” about his time in prison, and mentioned he was nervous about his upcoming trial. In ensuing conversations and in notes passed between the two, the inmate said Frazee had asked if the prison gang could murder Lee, her family, a friend of hers, a Florissant couple on the witness list, and Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater.

Slater, who was called to the witness stand multiple times during the trial, read notes written on paper towels and receipts Bentley claimed he exchanged with Frazee that mentioned killing the witnesses.

“They all need to disappear unseen until at least Nov. 22 after the trial,” one of the notes reads.

Another note Slater said was in Frazee’s handwriting reads “my life and my little girl’s life depends on you.”

Forgive me for beating a dead horse on the stupidity issue but
Frazee knew Bentley a total of 17 days
and trusted him enough to write 17 hit recruitment notes to him?

When will we stop being asked to suspend belief in Patrick's ignorance?! I'm dizzy from it.

Last edited:
@MyBelle

"...In letter 9, Frazee allegedly claimed that the DA’s Office was working with Kenney to give her quotes to say so her testimony matched the circumstantial evidence in the case...."

I'm old so maybe I am hearing impaired, but that sounds like a claim that would be made during a trial, not way back Sept-Oct 2019. How would PF have developed this opinion before the trial to relay it to Bentley? Didn't Bentley admit to watching a TV show about the the case and/or googling about it? What about Bentley's pending testimony in Weld County re: another solicitation, that was brought up during cross and other issues brought up during cross? Did you find him credible?

JMO Bentley was not credible, not at all. I do not think his testimony reflected well on the Prosecution, they should have skipped him, and they certainly should not have rested with him. His testimony all sounds like the sort of nonsense drug addicts come up with when they are high. All JMO
The State has the notes. Slater read them in court. Doesn't matter IF he is a drug addict - he didn't write them, PF did. MOO

@MyBelle

If it was just the testimony, you’d have a point. But these were PF’s own words, in PF’s own handwriting. They even sound exactly like him.

As for his theory that KK was being coached, I’d be surprised if PF didn’t start floating that on day one. It’s a super common strategy, and his only real argument.

She knows these things because they told her.

Obviously it’s absurd, as she was the one who led them to the evidence they missed in that house, the barn at Nash, and the fire pit.

She fed them, and there is overwhelming proof of that. It’s probably the weakest argument I’ve ever heard, as everything refutes it.

Forgive me for beating a dead horse on the stupidity issue but
Frazee knew Bentley a total of 17 days
and they bonded enough for him to write 17 hit recruitment notes to him?

When will we stop being asked to suspend belief?! I'm dizzy from it.

If I shake my head any more over this trial, I'm gonna get shaken adult syndrome

<odsnipped>

After the letters came out I got a terrible headache. I decided to shut my phone off and cried myself to sleep.

I cried for Kelsey and what she went thru before she died. I cried for the baby too. I hurt all over ( just like so many of you).

I just put out a long post and it was from the deepest parts of my heart. And it was deleated.

So for those who believe in lack of fingerprints on the napkins and getting statement analysis for these letters. I need to not follow these thoughts. <modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
Started today by hitting my funny bone so hard I fainted in my hotel room. Ended today doing last edits on a story involving a former inmate's testimony that accused murderer #PatrickFrazee wanted to kill several witnesses connected to the case. What a strange, unexpected day.
5:15 PM - 15 Nov 2019

OK, I had to google this and apparently it's true -- hitting your funny bone hard can make you faint (stimulates the vagus nerve).

And yes -- this has been one strange day!! :)

If PF's fingerprints are not on the paper, he didn't write the notes.

The witnesses were identified in the media during the trial. Names and addresses are easily available on the Internet if one spends the time looking. The witness is a career criminal facing serious additional charges who admitted he wanted to profit from the notes and he managed to get a felony cut to a misdemeanor.

JMO
Do I misunderstand?

Are you saying every time someone writes on paper they leave fingerprints?

Do you think this would also hold true on napkins and paper towels?

You might want to research this further.

@MyBelle

Why wouldn't these notes have been written back in October?
The defense had Discovery evidence by then, and they would know what much of KK's testimony was going to be. So PF could have easily written these notes at the same time the witness said he did.

Some of the names that were written in the notes had NOT been previously identified in any news reports. So these notes have to be genuine.

Brace yourselves for the upcoming Guilty Verdict.

I don't get how 1st degree is a stretch.

Isn't "lst degree" pre-meditated murder? The three solicitations seem pre-meditated to me. The first person convos seem to indicate pre-meditation. I believe I read in the Arias case that premeditation can be from 5 seconds to infinity or something like that. I think May proved PF planned this. Am I missing something?

@MyBelle

Bentley named people on the hit list who were never mentioned on the news previously along with descriptions of where they live and appearance.
and ..the defense did not argue.....at all.

Bentley named people on the hit list who were never mentioned on the news previously along with descriptions of where they live and appearance.
and ..the defense did not argue.....at all.
Nope. They just tried to discredit him, and didn’t argue the notes were genuine.

I think there’s a reason for that:

PF told them.

I'm tickled that PF is so dumb that he shot himself in the foot (so to speak) trying to cover up his evil deeds. He left so much evidence and basically left a trail of evidence leading right to himself with a big red arrow on it. The 17 notes he wrote to the prison pal trying to setup hits on witnesses is EPIC!

He's going down and he's going down hard. For life!

NOV 15, 2019
Kelsey Berreth murder case: Jailhouse witness says Patrick Frazee asked him to kill key witness – Canon City Daily Record
[...]

The surprise witness, Jacob Bentley, said that he was housed next to Frazee until October of this year and the two started talking.

Bentley said he told Frazee he was part of a prison gang and that Frazee offered to help bail him out of jail if he arranged the killings of Kenney and other witnesses in the case. Bentley testified that Frazee also asked him to kill the lead Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent on the case, relatives of Kenney, Frazee’s friend who testified in court, and others.

[...]

“I will remain silent,” Frazee said, the most he has spoken to the court throughout the three-week trial.

[...]

The CBI agent, Gregg Slater, testified that Bentley provided investigators more than a dozen handwritten notes provided that appeared to be in Frazee’s handwriting. The notes, some written on paper towels, described how to find Kenney and others in the case and instructed Bentley to destroy the notes afterward. Prosecutors displayed the notes to the court, and Slater said that multiple people named in the notes had not previously been named by news reports.

[...]

Bentley testified that he was not promised anything by prosecutors in exchange for his testimony. told the court that Bentley had asked that his pending cases from multiple counties be resolved in one county.”]

[...]

Before Bentley took the stand, prosecutors called a bloodstain expert who explained that the blood spots found in the Berreth’s condo were consistent with Kenney’s account.

[...]

Kenney’s description of the blood patterns she found are consistent with a high-impact attack with an object, which would spread a large quantity of small blood spots across the condo, Priest said. When Fourth Judicial District Attorney Dan May asked if the stains were consistent with an attack with a bat, Priest said, “Oh, absolutely.”

“The fact that there are small bloodstains supports my opinion that we have a forceful incident, not a passive one,” Priest said.

[...]

Holding a sample of the floor from Berreth’s condo, Priest also described two indentations on the wood plank, though he couldn’t tell exactly what hit it.

“So something substantially heavy and substantially hard had an impact on this area and certainly a baseball bat is consistent with that,” he said.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member