CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, PF told Bentley he would post bail for him so that he could take care of the witnesses. Since PF was in jail, who arranged for the posting of the bail? (I have a pretty good idea) How did PF get the message to someone that he wanted to bail Bentley out? Is there a record of where the bail money came from?
bolding mine

"Mommy dearest" ?
A sibling ?
Has to be a fairly diminutive list. :p

FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 10: Judge says if jury doesn't convict on 1st-degree murder, lesser charge is an option

The people the jail friend claims Frazee asked him to kill are as follows:
Agent Gregg Slater, CBI
Sydney Kenney, Krystyal's dad
Deddy McIntyre, Krystal's mom
Kolton Kenney, Krystal's brother
Kristi Kenney, Krystal's aunt
Joe Moore, Frazee's friend
Wendi Clark, Joe Moore's wife
Chad Lee, Krystal's ex husband
Michelle Stein, Krystal's friend
Krystal Lee
Cheryl Berreth, Kelsey's mother
Kendi Kenney, Krystal's brother

The Defense and Prosecution have rested their cases.

No need for fingerprints or handwriting analysis, as a poster up thread pointed out, there is no way that inmate could know all those names, addresses, phone numbers and personal info about those people.
Yes, I totally agree.
Just questioning the source of "facts" presented about fingerprints with no link.

It’s breathtaking. Makes me wonder- If PF is innocent:

Can anyone explain how KK pulled off the murder, framing PF, and hooking up with Bentley for the finale, so brilliantly?
Whoever wrote that screenplay, needs to be fired.

Unless it was supposed to be a comedy.

I'm excited that GoJacks will be in court Monday so we can come full circle.

GJ let us feel the courtroom in those early days and now we'll have that in the wrap-up.

Any of you who missed it before want to set aside Monday for a treat.

How lucky are we?!

I didn't read @GoJacks was going Monday, but that's one more reason to look forward to it!

I'm excited that GoJacks will be in court Monday so we can come full circle.

GJ let us feel the courtroom in those early days and now we'll have that in the wrap-up.

Any of you who missed it before want to set aside Monday for a treat.

How lucky are we?!
Nothing better than boots on the ground IMO

The notes were hand-written.

The handwriting is PF's.

Therefore, PF wrote the notes.

QED.

And the content is references to people only PF would mention to a fellow inmate (or anyone) and also, whoever wrote the note knew PFs mom's phone number. The Judge obviously had covered several bases with the respective attorneys before allowing it.

FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 10: Judge says if jury doesn't convict on 1st-degree murder, lesser charge is an option

Agent Gregg Slater, CBI
Krystal Lee

Jeepers. Thinking he could get away with that, was more insane than thinking he could get away with this.

“I’m just going to kill everyone, and then they’ll just let me go. No witnesses, no guilty verdict.”

Or something.

I don't know what media others are exposed to, but what I read is that Stiegerwald tore Bentley to shreds during the cross.

wait and see...
Nope. They cross-examined him but didn't even bother with Slater. Would have been a futile effort, lol.

The Prosecution rested, then the Defense rested without calling a single witness. :):):)

I googled and found zero hits for the word "shreds" btw. MOO

Rick Sallinger on Twitter
Patrick Frazee solicited fellow prisoner Jacob Bentley to have key prosecution witness murdered. Bentley testifies with letters from Frazee.
11:52 AM · Nov 15, 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
BREAKING: Surprise witness for prosecution testifies that #PatrickFrazee asked him while in jail to use prison gang ties to murder Krystal Lee (Frazee's mistress and a star witness) and other witnesses in this case.
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:04 PM · Nov 15, 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
#PatrickFrazee promised to help this surprise witness, Jacob Bentley, bond out of the Teller County jail, in exchange for the help, Bentley testified.
12:07 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
#BREAKING: #PatrickFrazee told jail friend he wanted to kill all witnesses. specifically #KeystalLee, involved in the trial before the trial started. All of this is written down and was shown to the court. @KKTV11News #KelseyBerreth
12:08 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
A total of 17 letters, mostly written on napkins, were read aloud in court. A Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent read all of them, and said they appeared to be in #PatrickFrazee's handwriting. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:08 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Elise Schmelzer on Twitter
Witness this past weekend gave prosecutors more than a dozen notes that lead investigator says match #PatrickFrazee handwriting. In notes, lists names of people he allegedly wanted killed: https://dpo.st/2KqVjNG
12:09 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Seems that defense fought really hard to keep this witness’s testimony from jury. Had multiple closed court sessions about admissability of some evidence, though not 100% sure this was the witness in question.
12:10 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jennifer Kovaleski on Twitter
Prosecutors call a former inmate to the stand who testifies he was in a prison gang & stayed in the same pod as #PatrickFrazee in jail. He shared 17 handwritten letters from Frazee where he ask the former inmate to kill several witnesses in the case, including Krystal Lee Kenney.

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
The letters listed several people in this case: Krystal Lee (who also went by last name Kenney); her father, her siblings, her good friend, her ex-husband... as well as Joseph Moore, a longtime family friend of #PatrickFrazee, and many others. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
"I'm sure she's around family somewhere," one letter apparently penned by #PatrickFrazee said, in apparent reference to his mistress, Krystal Lee. "I'm sure she's keeping as low a profile as possible, because everyone is watching her." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:11 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Importantly! #PatrickFrazee does not admit that he killed #KelseyBerreth. In alleged notes, says he doesn’t know what happened and that he’s innocent. https://dpo.st/2KqVjNG
12:12 PM - 15 Nov 2019

The letters provide descriptions, phone numbers, and locations of where the witnesses lived. One letter read in court says: “I would really like to see Krystal with a bullet in her head.” #PatrickFrazee #kelseyberreth @DenverChannel
12:13 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
After one jailhouse letter believed to be from #PatrickFrazee listed all of the names, it read: "They all need to disappear unseen until at least Nov. 22, after the trial." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:13 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
The letter to another jail inmate, again believed to be penned by #PatrickFrazee seeking the murder of witnesses in his case, continued:
"Help! Help! ME PLEASE! I repay however. My life and my little girl's life depends on you!" @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:15 PM - 15 Nov 2019

At one point during testimony about notes, #PatrickFrazee shook his head. His defense attorneys tried to attack the jailhouse witness, but didn’t cross examine the CBI agent who read through the notes. https://dpo.st/2KqVjNG
12:15 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Another #PatrickFrazee note, apparently re: Krystal Lee: "If you can get a hold of her and get her to call attorney or an FBI/CBI investigator, and confess in her own words? Or just let her go away? We need to keep everything on the DL. No ties nowhere." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:19 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
In another note, #PatrickFrazee appears to speak directly to Jacob Bentley, the jail inmate from whom Frazee is seeking help, and with whom he's passing these notes: "Make your own notes of mine and flush mine," the note read.
12:22 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Another #PatrickFrazee note, again to inmate Bentley, whom he allegedly sought help killing witnesses: "I've never been a criminal, but all this planning and talking gets my blood flowing. If I walk out, you and me could pull off all kinds of ****." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:24 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
In the notes, #PatrickFrazee appears to lay blame for the killing of #KelseyBerreth on his mistress Krystal Lee, noting at one point that prosecutors are "coaching her" on what to say, and noting "circumstantial evidence." @csgazette
12:28 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Next, we heard from a former Teller County inmate. The DA’s office requested we not share his name out of fear of prison retaliation. We are honoring that request. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:29 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
In yet another #PatrickFrazee note, he asks his fellow jail inmate: "How gangster will you get? I got an idea." He then suggests that one person has "**** to sell but you'd have to kidnap and hide the until you're done."
12:30 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
He says after Frazee learned he was in a prison gang, Frazee sought his help on taking out witnesses, including Krystal Kenney & her family, Chad Lee, CBI Agent Gregg Slater, Michelle Stein, Joseph Moore and more. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:31 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The man kept notes he says Frazee wrote to him. Slater identified the handwriting as Frazee’s. Frazee talks about “just kidnap them until Nov. 22” and that there’s open space near Kenney’s home. “She could just disappear before trial,” he says. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth
12:32 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Another note from Frazee says he’s not a criminal but “this planning and talking gets my blood flowing”. In exchange, the man says Frazee helped him bond out of jail. Frazee’s notes said they could “do a lot of **** together”. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:34 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
That note was apparently in reference to longtime #PatrickFrazee friend Joseph Moore, a CBI investigator said. Moore was mentioned several times in the notes, and he testified earlier in this trial about Frazee repeating the phrase "no body, no crime." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:32 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
In notes, #PatrickFrazee claims innocence in #KelseyBerreth's death:
"I'm not the monster they say I am. I don't know what happened or where she went. Honestly, my wheels are spinning out of control the closer it gets to trial. Any advice how to defend my innocence?" @csgazette
12:34 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The notes show Frazee giving information on where Kenney, Chad Lee and Joseph Moore all live. He also provides suggestions for getting rid of them. He says Kenney would be close to her kids. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:35 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
In next letter, after claiming innocence, #PatrickFrazee appears to write to his fellow inmate: "Do you have funds or resources to go to Idaho and back? Was thinking if you could cap them in the desert and head home, Krystal Lee and Michelle, the bff?" @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:36 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
On cross, Adam Stiegerwald points out this man only comes forward as the trial is underway & that me just met with the DA’s office on Monday. He notes the man wanted to sell the notes on eBay, citing Frazee’s fame. He also sought a plea deal @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:36 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
He did not get a plea deal for multiple charges in different counties. Instead, the DA’s office said they would help to get the cases resolved in one county. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:37 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Another apparent #PatrickFrazee letter to fellow inmate:
"Honestly, we should stay off the phones. Maybe ... could send me a letter form an anonymous address? Stay off the radar. I'm hopeful and excited if you/we could pull this off." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:37 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Apparent #PatrickFrazee jailhouse letter continued:
"Only thing better would be if Krystal sent someone a "text" from her home confessing and telling the truth that I didn't have anything to do at all."
Appears to reference Krystal Lee, his mistress. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:38 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The evidence was admitted on the sole basis of establishing Frazee’s consciousness of guilt. It was a turn I did not see coming. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:38 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Other letters from #PatrickFrazee to an inmate discussed concerns that Frazee had that other people would find out about his alleged request to make witnesses disappear ahead of his upcoming trial: "All this ****'s just between us???" one asked. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:42 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Most of the letters are written on paper towels from the restroom. Another letter allegedly from #PatrickFrazee says: "They all need to disappear unseen until at the least Nov. 22 after trial ..... my life and my little girl's life depends on you!" #kelseyberreth @DenverChannel
12:42 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
On cross-examination, Adam Steigerwald, #PatrickFrazee's public defender, hit at the motivations that Jacob Bentley had for coming forward and sharing the letters. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:43 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The state, by the way, still hasn’t rested it’s case. I’d be surprised if we get to closing statements today. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:43 PM - 15 Nov 2019

All of the letters, according to lead investigator Gregg Slater, appear to match #PatrickFrazee's handwriting. Also worth noting: we are not naming former inmate, prosecutors asked us not to because he fears retaliation from prison gang. #kelseyberreth @DenverChannel.
12:44 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Bentley testified he didn't receive a plea deal in other cases he's facing to testify. Only a promise from the DA's office that those cases would be combined.
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
12:45 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
But, Steigerwald asked Bentley, prosecutors didn't just make that one promise, right? Did prosecutors also agree to ask members of the media not to name you in their reports, due to prison gang ties? Yes, Bentley replied.
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
12:46 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers‏
Under further questioning by a prosecutor, Bentley said that his motives changed for coming forward with the #PatrickFrazee letters:
"It just seemed like the right thing to do," he said.
12:47 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
This was probably the most graphic of the notes (warning). It read: “I would really like to see Krystal with a bullet in her head. Piss and **** on her face. *advertiser censored***ng dirty c**t *advertiser censored** *advertiser censored*.” #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:47 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers‏
Still on cross by defense, Bentley said he originally came forward with the #PatrickFrazee notes, because he wanted a plea deal in his pending legal case. He admitted telling an investigator that the letters were his "ticket."
12:48 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers‏
Also, on cross examination by Steigerwald, Bentley said he had previously been facing a felony burglary charge that would have netted him up to 30 years in prison. That charge, which is still pending, was recently dropped to misdemeanor. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:49 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Defense points out former inmate is a convicted felon who asked DA to help him deal w/ multiple pending cases in one county. They claim he saw the letters as his ticket out, but inmate didn't totally agree with that statement. #PatrickFrazee #kelseyberreth @DenverChannel
12:53 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Heading back in the courtroom after lunch. Prosecutors could rest their case or call another witness. We’ll update as soon as we’re able. Again, no cameras or live tweeting from courtroom. #PatrickFrazee #kelseyberreth
1:06 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Last edited:
Forgive me for beating a dead horse on the stupidity issue but
Frazee knew Bentley a total of 17 days
and trusted him enough to write 17 hit recruitment notes to him?

When will we stop being asked to suspend belief in Patrick's ignorance?! I'm dizzy from it.

Funny you should mention beating horses.

But seriously! I finally just caught up after a big day at work, and holy smokes!

BOMBSHELL after BOMBSHELL after BOMBSHELL.

At first I was thinking, "I bet they'll do a Dateline," because Dateline loves unexpected dramatic twists, and then I realized, they couldn't even fit today's portion of the story into a Friday night episode.

And yeah. Ma F and pleading the 5th. Much as I disliked her, I never, ever, saw this level of involvement coming. Please let them charge her next!

Not only authenticated handwriting but also fingerprints. The notes were written on paper so PF's finger prints would have to be on them.

I see the Judge has now added 2nd degree murder and manslaughter which is good. I've always thought 1st degree was a stretch but we'll see what the jury decides. Whatever is decided, I think there will be an appeal.

JMO
Ashley Franco‏Verified account @AshleyKKTV
Expert also noted the blood in the floorboards. He said that would be consistent with pool of blood from a”blood source” being on the floor in the living room. @KKTV11News

9:29 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco‏Verified account @AshleyKKTV
Expert also examined a piece of floorboard in court. He said he saw dents on it consistent with a heavy object, such as a bat, hitting the floor. #PatrickFrazee allegedly told #KrystalLee to look for marks on the floor from the bat hitting the floor. @KKTV11News

I am very curious how the fact pattern suggested in the evidence found and presented in court is at all consistent with 2nd degree murder vs. 1st degree murder?

Premeditation separates the 2 charges so where in the long process to murder KB is premeditation from PF not visible? Is it not visible in the phone calls/texts to KK over many months, the texts to KK again over many months, the multiple KK trips to CO and the elaborate cover up scheme concocted to hide the fact that KB was not in fact missing?

In many respects the easier question is where is premeditation in this case not seen from PF and KK? Perhaps you can answer this....

Murder in the First Degree CO:
Section 18-3-102 (1) C.R.S. of the Colorado criminal code provides:

A person commits the crime of murder in the first degree if:

• Section 18-3-102 (1) C.R.S. of the Colorado criminal code provides:

A person commits the crime of murder in the first degree if:
    • (a) After deliberation and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, he causes the death of that person or of another person; or
    • (b) Acting either alone or with one or more persons, he or she commits or attempts to commit arson, robbery, burglary, kidnapping, sexual assault as prohibited by section 18-3-402, sexual assault in the first or second degree as prohibited by section 18-3-402 or 18-3-403 as those sections existed prior to July 1, 2000, or a class 3 felony for sexual assault on a child as provided in section 18-3-405(2), or the crime of escape as provided in section 18-8-208, and, in the course of or in furtherance of the crime that he or she is committing or attempting to commit, or of immediate flight therefrom, the death of a person, other than one of the participants, is caused by anyone; or
    • (c) By perjury or subornation of perjury he procures the conviction and execution of any innocent person; or
    • (d) Under circumstances evidencing an attitude of universal malice manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life generally, he knowingly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to a person, or persons, other than himself, and thereby causes the death of another; or
    • (e) He or she commits unlawful distribution, dispensation, or sale of a controlled substance to a person under the age of eighteen years on school grounds as provided in section 18-18-407(2), and the death of such person is caused by the use of such controlled substance; or
    • (f) The person knowingly causes the death of a child who has not yet attained twelve years of age and the person committing the offense is one in a position of trust with respect to the victim.

Agent Gregg Slater, CBI
Krystal Lee

Oh no he didn't......…..CB, Kelsey's mother? Oh now I'm really mad, hasn't he hurt that woman enough?? :mad:

ETA: Spelling

Bentley named people on the hit list who were never mentioned on the news previously along with descriptions of where they live and appearance.
and ..the defense did not argue.....at all.

@SandyQLS & @MyBelle - One note contained Ma's landline and cell phone numbers. Where would those come from other than her son? They weren't revealed in court.

Agent Gregg Slater, CBI
Krystal Lee

Cheryl?
What a foolish man...

Agent Gregg Slater, CBI
Krystal Lee

OMG lol. Nope, no one, no one at all, would be able to connect the dots if everyone on that list went "missing."

Isn't "lst degree" pre-meditated murder? The three solicitations seem pre-meditated to me. The first person convos seem to indicate pre-meditation. I believe I read in the Arias case that premeditation can be from 5 seconds to infinity or something like that. I think May proved PF planned this. Am I missing something?

"I Figured out how to kill Kelsey"

PF, April 2018

Funny you should mention beating horses.

But seriously! I finally just caught up after a big day at work, and holy smokes!

BOMBSHELL after BOMBSHELL after BOMBSHELL.

At first I was thinking, "I bet they'll do a Dateline," because Dateline loves unexpected dramatic twists, and then I realized, they couldn't even fit today's portion of the story into a Friday night episode.

And yeah. Ma F and pleading the 5th. Much as I disliked her, I never, ever, saw this level of involvement coming. Please let them charge her next!
^^ALL THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members