OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

ETA: I think we can all agree that the Rhoden Family Massacre cases are becoming increasingly complex. There are 8 victims, 6 defendants, multiple family members and witnesses. Don't forget, each defendant has multiple charges filed against them, 4 with over 20 charges each.

As we get into the trial phase, there are 6 different defense teams, most with two attorneys, as well as all the members of LE, BCI and prosecutors. As discovery continues, we're now trying to memorize new witnesses and experts, etc. for each. It's getting difficult to remember all the details of each criminal case and all the players involved. It will become more complicated as we go along, so please have some sympathy for us. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m feeling confused. If this turns out to be incorrect info. Pls ask that it be deleted.
I have to go out this evening and can’t follow up until later. This relates to income.

GEORGE Wagner Jr. - that would be the father of George III and husband of Frederika, right?
Take a look at this. Pike County Ohio Farm subsidies. It’s a difficult site to navigate.
George Wagner Jr. is # 14. Info spans 24 yers

Farm Subsidies PikeCounty Ohio

EWG's Farm Subsidy Database

See #14

Click on name for details.

USDA subsidy information for George Wagner Jr
George Wagner Jr received payments totaling $683,898 from 1995 through 2019
Does this make sense?

Yes, most likely they had some form of subsidies they received or crop insurance of some kind. They may have even been paid NOT to grow a crop at some point in time.

Since the Great Depression, the federal government has played a role in aiding the nation’s farms through subsidies, including direct payments, crop insurance, and loans.

The amount issued and the means by which farmers received aid have differed throughout the years. A program recently announced by President Trump in response to tariffs issued by China could total as high as $16 billion and could be one of the highest-priced farm subsidy programs in federal history.

Federal farm subsidies: What the data says

Did you need to hire an attorney to help you with a verbal agreement, though? That's the part I don't get.

Yes, both sides did. We took it very seriously. Had it hammered out in court. Better to do it amicably than to do it when something goes south and everyone is angry. It was not a fun process, I'll admit, but I'd advise anyone who is divorced, or unmarried, with children, to do a legal arrangement. It's what is best for the child.

Yes, both sides did. We took it very seriously. Had it hammered out in court. Better to do it amicably than to do it when something goes south and everyone is angry. It was not a fun process, I'll admit, but I'd advise anyone who is divorced, or unmarried, with children, to do a legal arrangement. It's what is best for the child.

So the verbal agreement was done in court? It wasn't in writing, the parties just spoke their agreement before a judge with attorneys present? I didn't realize that could be done.

The "verbal" part gets me too....nothing put to paper, signed, etc. :eek: How do you enforce such?

Then if JW and HMR were working on a official agreement, surely HMR would have also had an attorney. Is there any record of that? If not, I can't imagine HMR would have signed anything so important without having an attorneys advice.
JMO, MOO

So the verbal agreement was done in court? It wasn't in writing, the parties just spoke their agreement before a judge with attorneys present? I didn't realize that could be done.

Maybe we're talking about two different things. I'm talking about a custody and visitation agreement. In our family, we went to Family Court, with lawyers in tow. Dna had already been done, so documents were written up by the court, and submitted on record and provided to each of us. Just like any other court proceeding. The lawyers did the work to get what each parent wanted, and the judge signed off on everything.

Then if JW and HMR were working on a official agreement, surely HMR would have also had an attorney. Is there any record of that? If not, I can't imagine HMR would have signed anything so important without having an attorneys advice.
JMO, MOO

You don't have to have an attorney. The people in our family just chose to consult one. The Family Court judge could sign off on one that the two parents agreed upon themselves.

One can always represent themselves but there's an old saying about that, so I always contact my atty. with anything binding and so important as to how much time you get to spend with the child(ren).

I’m feeling confused. If this turns out to be incorrect info. Pls ask that it be deleted.
I have to go out this evening and can’t follow up until later. This relates to income.

GEORGE Wagner Jr. - that would be the father of George III and husband of Frederika, right?
Take a look at this. Pike County Ohio Farm subsidies. It’s a difficult site to navigate.
George Wagner Jr. is # 14. Info spans 24 yers

Farm Subsidies PikeCounty Ohio

EWG's Farm Subsidy Database

See #14

Click on name for details.

USDA subsidy information for George Wagner Jr
George Wagner Jr received payments totaling $683,898 from 1995 through 2019
Does this make sense?

Yes, big farm owners can get a lot in subsidies from the government. The amount can be amazing...

JMO, MOO

My guess is that the W's were working with an attorney and HMR knew nothing about it.

I can't imagine that she would know anything about any document that gave custody to AW if HR and JW were both dead. IIRC JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members