Identified! IL - Champaign Co., WhtFem Skeletal 220UFIL, 19-41, in cornfield, May'95 - Keri Lyn Wyant

The PMI of 11 months may or may not fit this possible match: She was kidnapped and held for ransom in 1991, her father was Tennessee millionaire.
Isotrope map of her birthplace and the recent residence matches, she was born and raised in Cleveland, Tennessee but lived recently in Jasper Alabama
She was kidnapped by Jerry Bland who had once been successful in the businesses of coal mining and land reclamation, had fallen on hard times and was desperate for money, according to investigators and family members. Drugs -- primarily cocaine -- helped fuel that fall.
He and his cousin Karen Lancaster McPherson conspired to kidnap her and hold her for 300,000 ransom. 250,000 of which was discovered in Jerry's attic. Karen Lancaster McPherson admits to "watching" Carrie for the first 48 hours, she worked as a trucker.
FBI involvement in the case reported a strong suspicion of a 3rd party involvement.
Theory: If Jerry owed his cocain drug dealer money, Carrie may have been turned over to him to get more money from her family if the father was a millionaire, and held for a year or 3 before being killed and dumped in Illinois
Carrie Lawson: MP#4798: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Height: 5'6
Weight 140lbs
Brown hair
* original composite looks EXACTLY like Carries MP photo*

Last edited:
I couldn’t figure out how I had missed Stacy on the exclusion list...took me a minute to realize she was first on the list. :rolleyes:

Carrie’s photo does look like the original recons. Even the latest, you can see she also has a fairly predominant cleft chin. I was wondering if Carrie had children, but after re-reading the article from October 31, 2019, it sounds like some of the originally released details have become less definitive. Even age and height have changed a bit. I’m still not quite certain what ‘overextended forearms’ are.

JMO, I think Carrie is worth submitting. I was surprised to see she hadn’t been submitted previously, but then, this is the first time I’ve heard of her disappearance. I’d have to agree though that she was probably used for financial gain. Would be curious to know more about the rings - if they were worth much - seems like there could easily be other items scattered out there. IMO.

The News Gazette
(snip) Northrup said Jane Doe’s jawbone and teeth, which were substantially intact, revealed she never had any major restorative teeth work, but there was damage or substantial staining to a lower left tooth. That damage could have been present before her death or happened after.

Northrup is hoping that if she had the defect while living, someone might have noticed. The odontologist estimated her age, based on her teeth, at between 16 and 25.

Other experts who built on earlier facial reconstructions and skeletal analyses now believe that she was white and primarily of European or possibly Hispanic descent, between 18 and 29 years old, and between 5-foot-1 and 5-foot-9.

She also had overextended forearms on both sides, a condition she may not have been aware of but that family members could have, had she been medically diagnosed, Northrup said.

Linda Klepinger, a University of Illinois forensic anthropologist involved when Jane Doe’s remains were first found, opined that she may have been a gymnast, ballerina, dancer, figure skater or some other athlete based on the structure of her leg bones, and that she may have given birth.

The more recent analysis couldn’t confirm those opinions based on today’s methodologies, Northrup said. (snip)

I couldn’t figure out how I had missed Stacy on the exclusion list...took me a minute to realize she was first on the list. :rolleyes:

Carrie’s photo does look like the original recons. Even the latest, you can see she also has a fairly predominant cleft chin. I was wondering if Carrie had children, but after re-reading the article from October 31, 2019, it sounds like some of the originally released details have become less definitive. Even age and height have changed a bit. I’m still not quite certain what ‘overextended forearms’ are.

JMO, I think Carrie is worth submitting. I was surprised to see she hadn’t been submitted previously, but then, this is the first time I’ve heard of her disappearance. I’d have to agree though that she was probably used for financial gain. Would be curious to know more about the rings - if they were worth much - seems like there could easily be other items scattered out there. IMO.

The News Gazette
(snip) Northrup said Jane Doe’s jawbone and teeth, which were substantially intact, revealed she never had any major restorative teeth work, but there was damage or substantial staining to a lower left tooth. That damage could have been present before her death or happened after.

Northrup is hoping that if she had the defect while living, someone might have noticed. The odontologist estimated her age, based on her teeth, at between 16 and 25.

Other experts who built on earlier facial reconstructions and skeletal analyses now believe that she was white and primarily of European or possibly Hispanic descent, between 18 and 29 years old, and between 5-foot-1 and 5-foot-9.

She also had overextended forearms on both sides, a condition she may not have been aware of but that family members could have, had she been medically diagnosed, Northrup said.

Linda Klepinger, a University of Illinois forensic anthropologist involved when Jane Doe’s remains were first found, opined that she may have been a gymnast, ballerina, dancer, figure skater or some other athlete based on the structure of her leg bones, and that she may have given birth.

The more recent analysis couldn’t confirm those opinions based on today’s methodologies, Northrup said. (snip)
The ring design is actually quite common, and the same design is still produced today, and that design also can be found commonly as costume jewelry.
If it were a real emerald encircled in diamonds it would cost today between 1000.00 and 2,200.00 depending on cut clarity etc.
The one thing I noted: she was married 18 months prior to the abduction and I would assume that any she would be wearing a more elaborate wedding band. Given the fact that both her husband and her family was wealthy, However she was awaken and rushed out the door to the hospital, so she may not have put on her wedding ring to rush out the door.

I searched high and low for the birthday but found nothing. I thought it would be significant as Emerald is the birthstone for May

The ring design is actually quite common, and the same design is still produced today, and that design also can be found commonly as costume jewelry.
If it were a real emerald encircled in diamonds it would cost today between 1000.00 and 2,200.00 depending on cut clarity etc.
The one thing I noted: she was married 18 months prior to the abduction and I would assume that any she would be wearing a more elaborate wedding band. Given the fact that both her husband and her family was wealthy, However she was awaken and rushed out the door to the hospital, so she may not have put on her wedding ring to rush out the door.

I searched high and low for the birthday but found nothing. I thought it would be significant as Emerald is the birthstone for May
Her date of birth is 22 April 1966. I could not find it anywhere, but I noticed on the record of her marriage license, next to her name was written “4-22-66 Ala DL” (Alabama Drivers License). That’d make her birthstone a diamond, I believe. The only way I could think to verify its accuracy was to compare the husband’s date of birth with the date written next to his name, and they matched. Other than that, I didn’t find anything that listed her DOB. :confused:

I was able to read through a lot of Carrie’s case and I’ll move over to her thread to share a few things, but something is definitely amiss there - aside from the obvious. o_O IMOO.

4997D051-1F59-4CF6-B217-55549688D6B0.jpeg 2B04DFE7-94D3-4162-B6A4-1918CC685255.jpeg 6E3AEF3D-A01D-475A-A23B-64D43161B7AE.jpeg
Discussing the jewelry jogged my memory and I was finally able to remember who I was reminded of when I saw the newest image for the UID. I share a birth month and day with the MP and have a necklace very similar to the ring found near the UID, except the large stone is opal. (MP had an opal birthstone ring) I know there are different types and colors of opal, some synthetic and I wondered if the stone in this ring could have originally been a color other than green and possibly changed appearance due to environmental exposure? MP’s band has an “M” stamped on it and maybe I’m seeing things, but in some of the photos of the UIDs ring, it looks like something is on the ring. This is a real long shot but not entirely impossible:

*red text represents UID In͏f͏o*
Margaret “Margie” Kay Holst, Female, White
7FC55A81-CB67-4AFC-B701-9908F84F1837.jpeg6924678A-301B-4B8C-8420-6E04EE83A5CD.jpeg4F44611C-6E0D-4508-8530-3AA113C732E4.jpegAEB1E433-FD71-46AB-8827-A8249AD2572F.jpeg 3E9A058C-D1E8-4543-BB42-CCFB562C25C7.jpeg
Date of Last Contact: August 4, 1977 (1995)
Missing From: Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska (Illinois)
Date of Birth: October 19, 1958
Missing Age: 18 Years (35-36 @UID YOD) (18-29)
Height: 5' 4" - 5' 6" (5’1” - 5’9”)
Weight: 125 - 130 lbs (unknown)
Hair Color: Red/Auburn; Long (straight, brown with reddish tint)
Eye Color: Hazel, blue/hazel (unknown)
Piercing: Pierced ears
Scar/mark: A small scar on center of forehead. Her upper teeth are crooked.
Clothing: Long sleeve red and black shirt, blue jeans, Blue sandals; carrying a brown imitation leather purse with a shoulder strap.
Jewelry: Birthstone ring with an opal stone worn on left hand, small gold band with an "M" stamped on it worn on left hand

Circumstances of Disappearance: Margaret left her home in the 4900 block of North 25th Street in Omaha, Nebraska at 9:30 p.m. on August 4, 1977. She left a note saying she was going on a date with a boy she had recently met. She did meet with the young man, who told authorities he dropped her off near her home. She has never been heard from again, and her case remains unsolved.

NamUs #MP1970

The Charley Project
411Gina

This might be a long shot based upon the Isotope Analysis....but....

Marcia Arlen Fischer
  • Missing Since03/01/1982
  • Missing FromGilman, Wisconsin
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 07/01/1946 (72)
  • Age37 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6, 125 - 155 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Fischer suffers from asthma. She also has a history of mental illness.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, brown eyes. Fischer has a dog bite scar on the side of her face. She may use various spellings and combinations of names with "Arlen" in them.
Details of Disappearance
Fischer was last seen in Gilman, Wisconsin sometime in the spring of 1982. She had lived with her brother in Madison, Wisconsin during the winter of 1981/1982, then went to Gilman and was picked up by state police. She has never been heard from again and may have traveled to Montana, Washington or Oregon after her disappearance.

Fischer has previously lived in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and in the Oregon cities of Sunny Valley, Grants Pass and Ashland. She was once hospitalized in Lakewood, Washington.

She has previously traveled to Los Angeles and Sacramento, California; Seattle and Port Townsend, Washington; Salt Lake City, Utah; Chicago, Evanston and Oak Park, Illinois; Columbus, Ohio; Washington D.C.; New York City; Fairmont, West Virginia; Ann Arbor, Michigan; Rochester, Minnesota; and Canada. She has been known to hitchhike and also travel by bus.

I haven't done any research into her background, but her picture looks similar to the UID.

Given the time of disappearance and the isotope--it probably isn't a good fit--but--due to the hitchhiking and it being a straight shot down 90/39, and the resemblance (at least to me)--I'm wondering....

WI - WI - Marcia Fischer, 37, Madison, 1 Jan 1982

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 6
188089-4ed1b25857c5df6640af3d532b5d9f7f.jpg
187927-126df9c31c70a5ba63b9c0c15b35c13c.jpg
188090-34774b73663b2761dd8e9702cabad6a2.jpg

wow! Definitely look alike! First thing I noticed about Marcia was her unique facial features; small forehead, long slender nose, the slant of her eyes, and the amount of space between her brows and chin. She seemed to travel all over and with about a 10 year gap between time of disappearance and the time of UID's discovery, I would think (strictly an assumption on my part) that could factor into the results of isotope testing. This sentence raises some questions for me; "Fischer was last seen in Gilman, Wisconsin sometime in the spring of 1982. She had lived with her brother in Madison, Wisconsin during the winter of 1981/1982, then went to Gilman and was picked up by state police. She has never been heard from again and may have traveled to Montana, Washington or Oregon after her disappearance." Why was she picked up by State police? After she was with her brother but before she disappeared again? What makes them believe she may have traveled to MT, WA or OR?

I'd have to read more about her actual disappearance as well, but resemblance is there. The biggest difference I see is age. If all the dates are fairly accurate, Marcia would have been at least 47 years old when the UID was estimated to have died (at approximately 18-29 years old). JMO, I think it's certainly possible. Good find!

Is there a way to see NAMUS rule outs?

To see rule outs, you have to sign up for a NAMUS account (it’s a quick process and free of charge).

When signed into your account, immediately under the header is a tab marked “Comparisons” click on that and you can view all exclusions. Hope that helps!

It looks like Penny is excluded by NAMUS, but Margaret Holst (mentioned previously) is not.

82 females on the Rule Out list
I tried to copy and paste but it is a mess...

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-30_8-44-51.png
    upload_2020-6-30_8-44-51.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 20
  • upload_2020-6-30_8-45-58.png
    upload_2020-6-30_8-45-58.png
    130 KB · Views: 17
  • upload_2020-6-30_8-47-20.png
    upload_2020-6-30_8-47-20.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 20
  • upload_2020-6-30_8-47-53.png
    upload_2020-6-30_8-47-53.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 13
I submitted Margie Holst to the Doe Network for comparison to this UID. I think. :confused: I’ve never gone through DN before so I may have sent the info to the wrong person. We shall see!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back