GUILTY UK - Blake, 14 & Tristan Barrass, 13, dead, 4 hospitalized, Sheffield, May 2019 *Arrests*

Should have stepped in years ago. Reports now they had a strange sexual relationship from early teens, They were murdering pets savagely and causing pain for pleasure to other kids and siblings. Got to wonder where were the parents, the social workers, the community and the authorities as these monsters bred and traumatised those poor kids.

Family members stated in MSM that they had reported them to Social Services. Not sure what for.

Can you not charge someone with incest and murder at the same time? Because I cannot understand why they haven’t been prosecuted for this. Unless they have been charged previously or for some other unknown reason?

Did she have them all in the same hospital? Did the community midwife/health visitor not flag up that she was giving birth multiple times with no visible support? Even before she was a murderer, surely this family were vulnerable.

No doubt tax payers will be funding yet another serious case review to tell us what should have been done years ago. Maybe one day children in this country will actually be protected by the agencies that are set up to “safeguard” them. Maybe those agencies will learn how to actually communicate with each other effectively before tragedies happen, instead of at case reviews :rolleyes:.
Harsh before all the facts are known; of course health visitors/social workers make mistakes but parents can be very good at hiding what they don't want you to see, and can be highly manipulative. Not an easy job by any means

The problem with kids is they are conditioned. It’s normal for uncle to be with mum. For mum to beat me, poison me, threaten to kill me. It’s normal for uncle to give me a few whacks. It’s normal for the police, teachers and social workers to be scum out to get me.

it’s why the kids didn’t know what to do when they saw their brothers murdered and the police in their house.

no chance of a normal life but they are as safe as they can be

Local news seems to be able to shed yet more light. Apparently SB initially tried to blame everything on BM: Sarah Barrass attempted to blame half-brother Brandon Machin for the murders of their two sons in the hours following their deaths

And the family were known to social services for six months before the murders. Both Blake and Tristan had allegations of sexual assault made against them by other children and in the days before the murder the children were upgraded by social services from 'child in need' to 'child in need of protection' status. Social services also enquired about the possibility of the children being sexually abused, as well as who their fathers were. More detail here: Social services were involved with the Barrass family for six months before the murders of tragic brothers Blake and Tristan

I honestly wonder if sexual abuse in the home was a possibility: it's common for victims of childhood sexual abuse to display inappropriately sexualised behaviour for their age and to enact the same abuse on others.

Last edited:
When there have been multiple crimes, it's common for the CPS to just prosecute the biggest one, in this case murder. I can't help but feel that if (when?) evidence of sexual abuse in that house is confirmed that they should be prosecuted for that too. Not to add to their punishment particularly but for the surviving kids. To let them know beyond doubt that it was wrong too.

My word, those poor children.

I mean, the chances were bleak considering how the boys started out but wow, what a terrible pair of parents. At least foster care would have given them a chance to find better parents (the bar is set pretty low, too!).

Harsh before all the facts are known; of course health visitors/social workers make mistakes but parents can be very good at hiding what they don't want you to see, and can be highly manipulative. Not an easy job by any means

You think I’m harsh??! Words fail me.

Local news seems to be able to shed yet more light. Apparently SB initially tried to blame everything on BM: Sarah Barrass attempted to blame half-brother Brandon Machin for the murders of their two sons in the hours following their deaths

And the family were known to social services for six months before the murders. Both Blake and Tristan had allegations of sexual assault made against them by other children and in the days before the murder the children were upgraded by social services from 'child in need' to 'child in need of protection' status. Social services also enquired about the possibility of the children being sexually abused, as well as who their fathers were. More detail here: Social services were involved with the Barrass family for six months before the murders of tragic brothers Blake and Tristan

I honestly wonder if sexual abuse in the home was a possibility: it's common for victims of childhood sexual abuse to display inappropriately sexualised behaviour for their age and to enact the same abuse on others.

Looks like the wheels were definitely in motion with Social Services and Barrass decided to kill them before they were taken away. Whilst I'm sure SS will face much criticism over this case, it's hard to predict that a parent will make such a drastic decision and actually kill her children. I imagine the SS staff who dealt with this case are devastated, but from reading that article I don't think they can be blamed.

Confused. Wouldn't she have to provide the father's name after the birth of each child? Or did she just put six times "unknown"? :confused:

She could put unknown each time. Poor little things
She would have to register them with no father named. For obvious reasons BM couldn't admit paternity, so she had no option.

Since she is not married, the father would have to be present at registration, or sign a declaration of parentage, for his name to appear on the birth certificate. Women can't just name anyone as father without his agreement!

Married parents
Either parent can register the birth on their own. They can include both parents’ details if they were married when the baby was born or conceived.

Unmarried parents
The details of both parents can be included on the birth certificate if one of the following happens:

• they sign the birth register together
  • one parent completes a statutory declaration of parentage form and the other takes the signed form to register the birth
  • one parent goes to register the birth with a document from the court (for example, a court order) giving the father parental responsibility
Register a birth

I read a book, a true life story, about a girl who was abused. She said that she was threatened everytime the social worker came over. That she was made to wash and wear a nice dress and to sit there and play with toys (toys she wasn't normally allowed to touch). She said she was absolutely petrified of the family but more petrified of what would happen if she said anything.

I can well believe that the poor children in this case were maybe threatened with all sorts - they'll split you all up, etc

You think I’m harsh??! Words fail me.
In general I think that the people who commit the crimes are responsible for them, not the people who are trying, against the odds, to support families and protect children. Maybe if you have not worked in this sector protecting children seems like an easy or straightforward task but I don't think the services involved here should be blamed now when we have limited knowledge of their involvement.

In general I think that the people who commit the crimes are responsible for them, not the people who are trying, against the odds, to support families and protect children. Maybe if you have not worked in this sector protecting children seems like an easy or straightforward task but I don't think the services involved here should be blamed now when we have limited knowledge of their involvement.

I do blame the perpetrators. 100%. I’m not trying to mitigate their evil by finding scapegoats. My point was solely about communication between agencies. Every single time a heinous domestic crime against children happens, it seems that no lessons are learnt from the fallout.

Confused. Wouldn't she have to provide the father's name after the birth of each child? Or did she just put six times "unknown"? :confused:

If you are not married to the father then he has to accompany you to the registration in order for his name to be put on the birth certificate,you cant just tell them the fathers name and you both have to provide ID. So if he didnt go with her she couldnt register a father for them.

ETA apologies, I see that another poster has already said the same thing!

Last edited:
I agree with the criminologist in that article. I don't think they killed the kids because SB couldn't bear the thought of her kids being put in care; I think they knew that social services were on to them, that their relationship would get found out and undoubtedly that abuse was taking place in the home. It was about trying to save their own hides, not saving the kids from the horror of being put in foster care.

I agree with the criminologist in that article. I don't think they killed the kids because SB couldn't bear the thought of her kids being put in care; I think they knew that social services were on to them, that their relationship would get found out and undoubtedly that abuse was taking place in the home. It was about trying to save their own hides, not saving the kids from the horror of being put in foster care.

Exactly, if they had any love for their kids, they'd rather them go into care than see them harmed. Truly evil pair.

Am I mistaken ? I'm sure i remember when this case first surfaced in the news, there was a picture of the boys outside, with the bags on their heads ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back