CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO
He first wanted to sell them.
Second he'd thought he'd use them to lower/alter what's against him.

"Someone" paid for him to bond out.
I feel he had no intentions on killing or abducting anyone.
The best thing about it is that PF finally got a taste of his own medicine.

The jail house snitch used him for what he was worth just as PF used everybody else.

Imo

Last edited:
BBM:

Good News!

They were authenticated by Agent Slater on the stand today.

He's someone other than Bentley, obviously.

So, looks like you got your wish...hopefully, this puts your mind at ease.

I know it did mine, the fact that I was never worried for a single second, notwithstanding.

JMO.
bbm
Hilarious!

Last edited:
With all due respect, none of us know what was said during the discussion between the judge, prosecution and defense before the judge ruled these letters admissible.

For all we know, PF did not deny he wrote the letters. If that's the case, there's no reason for the defense to challenge their own client and demand forensic analysis.
Yes, the lawyers probably asked Frazee if he wrote the letters and he said, "Huh? Yeah." End of discussion.

Imo

I agree. I think the only ones who would know the DA's office was working with KK--and a prison gang member--would be the DA's office. The defense was claiming they weren't receiving discovery right up to the start of the trial. This "bombshell" evidence they were informed about on Monday.

Nope, I didn't find Bentley or KK credible. I found it all too conveniently coordinated by the prosecution to make up for the lack of forensic evidence such as KK claiming PF told her to look for dented floorboards and voila! on the last day of the trial dented floorboards introduced not by law enforcement but a paid witness for the prosecution who admitted he based his testimony on what KK said. Why didn't investigators spray the same chemicals on the LR walls and floor as they did in the bathroom rather than bring in some retired guy from Denver who said he watched a video? LE seized five teeth during a sw of the Frazee farm but it seems the only tooth they tested was the one that voila! appeared in an area they only found because of KK and it was "believed" to be a female tooth.

What does surprise me is that the Judge allowed an admitted prison gang member, a convicted felon currently awaiting trial on more felonies to testify without forensic verification of his claims.

I don't find any of it believable but I'm not on the jury and I'm sure glad I don't live there.
JMO
@MyBelle
Thank you for your intelligent response to my questions. I agree with your addendum information as well and I had noticed those same issues.

Yes, the lawyers probably asked Frazee if he wrote the letters and he said, "Huh? Yeah." End of discussion.

Imo

There is a detail that those who don't believe PF wrote the notes might be overlooking - besides the fact he has not challenged it (<-major):

If PF didn't write them, how would anyone else - in particular some total stranger sitting in jail - know all of the various witnesses, their descriptions and addresses and numbers?

All of those people had information about PF that was relevant to the trial - info only he, and perhaps SF, would have known. But PF was the one in jail, not SF.

Why would PF have called in a handwriting expert at that point? The burden of proof is on the prosecution. Why didn't the DA call in a verification witness instead of the agent who was listed on the hit list?

JMO

Why didn't the defense want to talk to JB when he called? Could it possibly be that they knew they were authentic and didn't want anything to do with it? I believe they knew and had to distance themselves from them. If they would have seen them, I don't think they can just ignore what they saw legally. By distancing themselves from that evidence and not even entertaining a conversation, they didn't have to turn it over for discovery. Fast forward to Trial, they really were limited on how they could dispute the authenticity.

For Example: JB calls the defense attorney's office, leaves a message about what he has... Defense attorney's get with PF and ask.. his response was probably, "Yah, So What?!?" (because he's a dumb butt)... resulting in ... No return phone call.

IMO - this scenario played out exactly as it was supposed to. BTW - PF wouldn't need to call a handwriting expert because he knew he wrote them and so did his defense attorney's. And I believe the prosecution presented it as it needed to be to put into context of him being conscious of his decisions.

My guess is PF and SF had set up a coded language discussing “the horses are taken care of” and references to “elk hunting” .... it wouldn’t surprise me at all to learn that SF helped him with this as PF doesn’t seem bright enough to think of these schemes. But then he was dumb enough to clearly write all the details of retaliation on paper napkins for all to see. :rolleyes:

My father was a member of the Elks. Which made me Google to see if there was an Elks club in Cripple Creek, (yes, there is) but there is no membership list. I wonder if one of the people on The Hit List was a member of the Elks or something like that?

Elks.org :: Lodge #316 Facilities

Thanks so much @riolove77 ! We are all still in a bit of shock at the brutality of the testimony yesterday and then to find out he’s soliciting to have all the witnesses killed was just too much! Do you think they will charge him for this ? They did not refute the letters testimony IMO

I don't know. I think it depends on the verdict. If he gets murder 1 and gets LWOP, they won't gain anything additional from it. But say he gets manslaughter (which I do not believe will happen), which carries a lower term...they could have the option of potentially 12 counts of solicitation to commit murder 1, which can add lots of consecutive time to a lower manslaughter sentence.

My father was a member of the Elks. Which made me Google to see if there was an Elks club in Cripple Creek, (yes, there is) but there is no membership list. I wonder if one of the people on The Hit List was a member of the Elks or something like that?

Elks.org :: Lodge #316 Facilities

The quote was "elk hunt" which I believe it is a phonetic reference to how he had referred to KK/KL in one of his other profanity laden notes.

BBM:

Who says the other teeth weren't tested, though?

I'm in fact quite confident that all 5 teeth were tested.

I've stated many times on this thread that unless the teeth that were in the envelope at the franch were linked to KB via testing, we would not hear anything about them at trial, because if they weren't KB's, then they aren't at all relevant to her murder.

The fact that the other teeth didn't come into evidence does NOT mean they were not tested.

It means they weren't KBs.

And the tooth fragment that was recovered from the fire wasn't "magically found."

It was only recovered because KK told LE about PF's burn at the franch, and then she led LE to the exact location where he burned the tote containing KB's body.

Finding a tooth fragment there is called "logical," not "magical," your ongoing, baseless insinuations that LE planted evidence, notwithstanding.

JMO.

Agree with all you have said and just wanted to add: If they happen to be part of another potential case, we would not hear anything about them at this trial or anywhere for that matter. .

I've had the opportunity to sit on 2 jury's and the one that comes to mind that reminds me of what I just stated is the Felony Drug case. Long story short, we found him guilty. Afterward, the prosecuting attorneys and detective on the case wanted to talk with us. Basically, to get our feedback if there was anything we thought they could have done differently or improved. After we gave our feedback,which was mostly positive, they said you all did the right thing. Because, right after he bonded out on this current charge, he was arrested doing the same exact thing in the same exact location not an hour after he was released. That trial was coming up. We had absolutely NO idea of anything other than the trial we were tasked with deciding the outcome.

It will be interesting to see if there is anything the comes of the other teeth found.

I don't know. I think it depends on the verdict. If he gets murder 1 and gets LWOP, they won't gain anything additional from it. But say he gets manslaughter (which I do not believe will happen), which carries a lower term...they could have the option of potentially 12 counts of solicitation to commit murder 1, which can add lots of consecutive time to a lower manslaughter sentence.

@riolove77

Happy to see you today!!!!

Question, Could/would the person that posted bail for the jail house witness be charged ? Someone put up the money for bail, in good faith to solidify the deal.

If so, what would the charges be?

The quote was "elk hunt" which I believe it is a phonetic reference to how he had referred to KK/KL in one of his other profanity laden notes.
I don’t think one has anything to do with the other. Elk hunting is huge in Colorado. This is hunting season right now. So making a reference to an elk hunt would not grab anyone’s attention. I don’t think PF is smart enough to come up with any kind of phonetic code.

The part I am wondering about in all this is: PF's helpers loaded the burn remains in his pickup box. Do the authorities have any cell phone data on which direction the pickup went immediately after Kelsey's remains were taken right after the cleanup? He would have probably gotten rid of them rather quickly.

Yeah remember, they talked about the aluminum trash can of which he put most of the ashes in before they arrived. That aluminum trash can went with him, and they never saw it again. He had first dibs on cleaning out the area and putting it all in an aluminum trash can which would not melt if it was taken from the not yet cool fire. M o o

I'm still trying to get caught up, but wanted to touch on the possible future housing for PF.

Before the letters came out, I was not thinking he would go to a Supermax prison, but now I'm not so sure. These letters are seriously damning and the fact that he has an LE on the list is practically icing on the cake. CO does have a Supermax and I believe that is where El Chapo is spending his last days.

I don’t think one has anything to do with the other. Elk hunting is huge in Colorado. This is hunting season right now. So making a reference to an elk hunt would not grab anyone’s attention. I don’t think PF is smart enough to come up with any kind of phonetic code.

Elks.org Grand Lodge :: Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of the USA

Elks Lodges bring so much more to their communities than just a building, golf course or pool. They are places where neighbors come together, families share meals, and children grow up.

Elks invest in their communities through programs that help children grow up healthy and drug-free, meet the needs of today’s veterans, and improve the quality of life.

• Elks in Alexandria, Va., hold a soup kitchen at the Lodge each weekday at lunch, serving 30 people, many of whom are veterans.
  • Wheeling, W.Va., Elks Lodge hosts local youth once a week for a wholesome meal. They also provide homework help and invite community leaders to speak at the meals.
  • Elks in Lockport, N.Y., provide an annual weeklong summer camp tailored to meet the needs of people with disabilities.

No, I'm not reaching. That's your opinion. The defense fought hard to keep the testimony out because that was the defense's job to do so. I doubt any defense attorney is "horrified" over letters from a convicted felon with gang ties which have NOT been forensically authenticated.

JMO

So, if you're on the jury, how are you voting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member