Found Deceased MI - Kristin Gromoske, 17, Menominee, 8 Nov 2019

J@cknsal1y

Reaction score
Peshtigo Times Printers & Publishers

The Menominee Police Department along with family members are searching for Kristin Hope Gromoske, 17, of Menominee, who apparently walked away on Nov. 8 at 7:15 p.m. She was last seen on on 1st Street in Menominee. She is 5’6” and weighs 120 pounds. Hair color is dark red/purple and has blue eyes.
If you have any information please call the Menominee Police at 906-863-5568 or Diane St. Martin at 715-923-2619.

EagleHerald

Gromoske is 5’6”, 114 lbs., and white with blue eyes and red hair. She was last seen wearing a purple winter jacket with fur around the hood and gray sweatpants, and was carrying a plastic grocery bag.

According to Gromoske’s mother, Diane St. Martin, Gromoske left their apartment voluntarily Nov. 8 at 7:15 p.m. She said her daughter was last seen at Stateline Mini Mart in Marinette between 7 and 8 a.m. Saturday. “She was dropped off and started walking north toward the Interstate Bridge. Then her phone either died or was turned off shortly after that, because the last time it was pinged to be active was at 8:04 a.m. After that, there’s been nothing from her phone,” she said.

St. Martin said police seem pretty certain Gromoske didn’t cross the bridge. “There are cameras on the Interstate Bridge, and the cameras didn’t see her walking on the bridge, so she maybe went under the bridge, which from there, there are many places you could go,” she said.

She said the police are still waiting on historical phone records prior to the last time she was seen to try to find content of Gromoske’s calls and messages. “Right now all they have are GPS locations and dates and times of pings and activity, but they don’t have the
More at link

More details released about teenager reported missing in Menominee

MENOMINEE, Mich. (WLUC) - UPDATE: Nov. 14, 6:22 p.m.
Police are still looking for a missing teenager last seen Friday, Nov. 8 in Menominee.

Menominee City Police say she was last seen at the State Line Mini Mart in Marinette, Wisconsin, wearing a purple winter jacket with fur on the hood and gray sweatpants.

Menominee County E-911

***Update of last location***

Kristin was last seen on Saturday November 9, 2019 at approximately 8:00AM in the city of Marinette near Stateline Mini Mart walking toward the Interstate Bridge carrying a plastic grocery bag. She was wearing the purple jacket in the below picture and gray sweatpants.

Menominee Co 911 and the Menominee City Police Department need your help in locating a Kristin Hope Gromoske. Kristin is a 17 year old female that was listed as a Missing Person as of 11 November 2019. Kristin’s last known location was on 1st St in the City of Menominee, MI on Friday November 8, 2019 at 7pm. If you know of Kristin’s whereabouts or think you may have seen her, please contact immediately the Menominee City Police Department at 906-863-5568, or Dial 911. You may also contact the Menominee County 911 non-emergency line with any information at 906-863-6614, or submit a tip to Menominee Co/Marinette Co Crimestoppers at www.mmcrimestoppers.com.

Shown are pictures of Kristin.

Menominee County authorities looking for missing teen

Menominee County authorities looking for missing teen

missing+woman+Kristin+Gromoske+via+Facebook.jpg

Kristin Gromoske, 17, was last seen Friday, Nov. 9, in Menominee, Mich. Authorities want to check on her welfare (Photos: Menominee County E-911 via Facebook)

More details released about teenager reported missing in Menominee

MENOMINEE, Mich. (WLUC) - UPDATE: Nov. 14, 6:22 p.m.
Police are still looking for a missing teenager last seen Friday, Nov. 8 in Menominee.

Menominee City Police say she was last seen at the State Line Mini Mart in Marinette, Wisconsin, wearing a purple winter jacket with fur on the hood and gray sweatpants.

Stateline Mini Mart 432 Bridge St Marinette, WI Convenience Stores - MapQuest

Looking at the map and the large water body there, it appears to be the Menominee River:

“The Menominee River is a river in northwestern Michigan and northeastern Wisconsin in the United States. It is approximately 116 miles (187 km) long,[3] draining a rural forested area of northern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michiganinto Lake Michigan. Its entire course, with that of its tributary, the Brule River, forms part of the boundary between the two states.[4][5]

Menominee River - Wikipedia

—-

How high is that river now and how fast is it flowing?

—-

More reference:

Menominee River [MI, WI] | American Rivers

About Menominee River AOC | US EPA

Boat launches, fishing accesses:
Menominee River

This Part of the Menomonee River Parkway is Almost Completely Deserted

Last edited:
Menominee, Mich., teen reported missing since Friday night

“Kristin Gromoske has reportedly not been seen since Friday night. Kristin’s mother, Diane St. Martin, reports that her daughter left by choice and is believed “to be picked up by someone from” Menominee.”

Menominee teen girl missing
Wednesday, November 13, 2019

“St.Martin said Gromoske’s phone was pinged in the Menominee/Marinette/Porterfield area on Saturday. According to St.Martin, Gromoske told the person she contacted that she didn’t know where she was. At this point, St.Martin said her daughter’s phone is either turned off or dead.

St.Martin said Gromoske was likely picked up by someone who isn’t connected with her usual group of friends and could possibly be someone she met online, although that is only speculation at this point.”

—-

Police looking for missing Menominee girl
NOV 13, 2019

“Officers say Kristin Hope Gromoske was last seen leaving her mother’s apartment on 1st Street Friday night. Kristin’s mother thinks she was picked up there and is concerned for her safety.”

Last edited:
Menominee teen girl still missing
Saturday, November 16, 2019 12:00 AM

“According to Gromoske’s mother, Diane St. Martin, Gromoske left their apartment voluntarily Nov. 8 at 7:15 p.m. She said her daughter was last seen at Stateline Mini Mart in Marinette between 7 and 8 a.m. Saturday. “She was dropped off and started walking north toward the Interstate Bridge. Then her phone either died or was turned off shortly after that, because the last time it was pinged to be active was at 8:04 a.m. After that, there’s been nothing from her phone,” she said.”

I gather that the only person who saw her walking is the person who claims to have dropped her off. I wonder who that someone is. I mean, who would drop off a young girl in the dead of winter near a bridge? What would be the point? Why would she say, hey, I'm at a convenience store. But let's have this person drive me to a bridge and then I'll phone someone to have them pick me up there.

The story I read was poorly worded. I believe she was dropped off at the convenience store rather than being picked up from there. So that indicates she spent the prior evening with someone. Here's what I don't get. If she was walking toward the bridge, that means she was headed toward her hometown. But why not ask the person to drive her across the bridge?

Summarizing what's been posted so far.
Is there any information from friends about where she was over night?

7:15 PM, Friday Nov 8
  • walked away voluntarily
  • last known location: 1st Street in Menominee
7-8 AM, Saturday Nov 9
  • last seen at Stateline Mini Mart in Marinette
  • walking toward the Interstate Bridge carrying a plastic grocery bag
  • last phone ping at 8:04 a.m, phone either died or was turned off
  • Gromoske told the person she contacted that she didn’t know where she was
  • she was dropped off and started walking north toward the Interstate Bridge
Gromoske didn’t cross the bridge
Believed to be picked up by someone from Menominee

upload_2019-11-16_18-42-18.png

upload_2019-11-16_18-47-51.png

I gather that the only person who saw her walking is the person who claims to have dropped her off. I wonder who that someone is. I mean, who would drop off a young girl in the dead of winter near a bridge? What would be the point? Why would she say, hey, I'm at a convenience store. But let's have this person drive me to a bridge and then I'll phone someone to have them pick me up there.
I am local— I think the sighting of her was from a camera at the Stateline mini mart which is IMO a sketchy store people mostly just buy beer from. Not really a place for a 17 year old. I know the family professionally, her parents are divorced but both have always struck me as coparenting very well. Marinette/Menominee are very small towns, but right on interstate 41. You can be to Milwaukee in 3 hours and Chicago in 4, easily. I worry she is not still in town. Grandma posted on fb that they have reason to believe she is NOT with friends and no longer in town. Local ‘Rumors’ also circulating she may be in Texas.
Also Stateline is right next to the interstate bridge for what it’s worth.

Last edited:
Summarizing what's been posted so far.
Is there any information from friends about where she was over night?

7:15 PM, Friday Nov 8
  • walked away voluntarily
  • last known location: 1st Street in Menominee
7-8 AM, Saturday Nov 9
  • last seen at Stateline Mini Mart in Marinette
  • walking toward the Interstate Bridge carrying a plastic grocery bag
  • last phone ping at 8:04 a.m, phone either died or was turned off
  • Gromoske told the person she contacted that she didn’t know where she was
  • she was dropped off and started walking north toward the Interstate Bridge
Gromoske didn’t cross the bridge
Believed to be picked up by someone from Menominee

View attachment 215552

View attachment 215555
Is it still thought possible she walked under the bridge? Missing the cameras?

I am local— I think the sighting of her was from a camera at the Stateline mini mart which is IMO a sketchy store people mostly just buy beer from. Not really a place for a 17 year old. I know the family professionally, her parents are divorced but both have always struck me as coparenting very well. Marinette/Menominee are very small towns, but right on interstate 41. You can be to Milwaukee in 3 hours and Chicago in 4, easily. I worry she is not still in town. Grandma posted on fb that they have reason to believe she is NOT with friends and no longer in town. Local ‘Rumors’ also circulating she may be in Texas.
Also Stateline is right next to the interstate bridge for what it’s worth.

Is this considered to be a runaway situation?

Menominee teen girl still missing
Saturday, November 16, 2019 12:00 AM

“According to Gromoske’s mother, Diane St. Martin, Gromoske left their apartment voluntarily Nov. 8 at 7:15 p.m. She said her daughter was last seen at Stateline Mini Mart in Marinette between 7 and 8 a.m. Saturday. “She was dropped off and started walking north toward the Interstate Bridge. Then her phone either died or was turned off shortly after that, because the last time it was pinged to be active was at 8:04 a.m. After that, there’s been nothing from her phone,” she said.”
Geographically, there are 3 bridges that connect marinette and Menominee, Ogden st (which connects via 1st street), the interstate bridge is right in the middle and Stateline is in marinette right before the bridge, and Hattie st which is on the opposite side of town from the Ogden/1st street bridge. Where moms apartment is on 1st street is nice/expensive, not at all a bad part of town. To get a glimpse of first street you could search veterans memorial beach or Menominee mi downtown historical district. Marinette Menominee also went very far in a competition of small towns last winter/spring, the hashtag #mymarinettemenominee could give you a good feel of what our small towns are like. First street was heavily featured.

Is it still thought possible she walked under the bridge? Missing the cameras?
I doubt it. Being from the area (30+ years) I’ve honestly never seen anyone walking under that bridge. Some people fish near the Hattie st bridge, but there’s really nothing at all to be walking around under the interstate in this weather. Today was about 40, but the rest of the week was low teens and snow.

Is this considered to be a runaway situation?
That is the impression i get. Mom posted on fb initially that Kristin walked away from their apartment and she believed she was picked up somewhere by someone. So whether her intentions were to be picked up or not it’s not clear but I think she did intend to leave. You can never feel safe, but this is a small area where things like this really ‘don’t happen’ and a lot of folks don’t even lock their doors. So I feel like whoever she was picked up by, it probably was somewhat planned, but where she’s been taken, may have been not what she thought she was getting herself into.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back