Found Deceased GA - Alexis Crawford, 21, Clark Atlanta University student, Atlanta, 30 Oct 2019 *arrest*

All caught up! Lucky that I can get into Fulton County court site! :)

Actually - according to the court site - they are both in court on 11/21 & 11/22. But I'll keep an eye on the court site to see if that changes for Jones to 11/25.
Thanks so much for your help Niner, always appreciated!

Thanks so much for your help Niner, always appreciated!
@Niner
Thank you so very much.
We appreciate your expertise.

Justice4Alexis

your-welcome4.gif
Always happy to help out! :)

Thursday, November 21st:
*Bond Hearing for both (@ 9:30am ET) – GA – Alexis Janae Crawford (21) (last seen Oct. 30, 2019, Atlanta @ Clark Atlanta University; reported missing 11/1/19; found dead (11/8/19) in Exchange Park in Decatur in DeKalb County off of Columbia Drive. Police said they were led to her body by Jones.) - *Jordyn Jones (21) (roommate) arrested (11/9/19) & charged (11/11/19) with malice murder. Held without bond.
*Barron Renwick Brantley (21) (BF of roommate) – arrested (11/9/19) & charged (11/11/19) with felony murder. Held without bond.
Crawford filed a police report on Oct. 27 in regard to Jones' boyfriend, alleging unwanted kissing and touching by him. Both allegedly confessed.
11/21/19: for both: Bond hearing on 11/21 & preliminary hearing on 11/22.

Judge denied bond for #JordynJones, she said Jordyn probably won’t come back to Atl for trial, she’s not a student @CAU anymore & all her family is in Detroit, & She tried to convince #alexiscrawford’s family that her BF #barronbrantley didn’t rape AC. The rape kit says he did.

Judge just denied bond for #jordynjones She said she’s not a good candidate for bond bc she’s already tried to contact witnesses in the case & she’s a flight risk bc hours after the murder, she made plans to withdraw from school & move back home to Detroit

Tyisha Fernandes (@TyishaWSB) | Twitter

Creepy, imo.rbbm.
Alexis Crawford's accused killer contacted victim's family before arrest, prosecutors say
7c8e8e21-e8fc-4ec3-87fe-069c9e1a41e1_750x422.jpg

"In the bond hearing on Thursday, prosecutors accused Jones of taking steps in the days after the murder to cover her tracks."
"On her own volition the defendant Ms. Jones called family members of Ms. Crawford and told them that there was no DNA found in the rape kit," the prosecutor said.

"Well that is incredibly incorrect, the results of the rape kit indicate" that Brantley's DNA was found, the prosecutor said.

The prosecution contended that already represents a level of witness intimidation, given that "there are many of the witnesses in this case will be family members of Ms. Crawford as they were the last people that she spoke to."

Jones' defense lawyer did not directly address that accusation, but said she was "supportive following the allegation of rape" and "accompanied her roommate at the time and spent however much time was necessary for her to be at Grady as she went through the rape kit scenario."

I see all articles are about Jones' bond hearing - wasn't Brantley also there for his bond hearing?

Friday, November 22nd:
*Preliminary Hearing for both (@ 9:30am ET) – GA – Alexis Janae Crawford (21) (last seen Oct. 30, 2019, Atlanta @ Clark Atlanta University; reported missing 11/1/19; found dead (11/8/19) in Exchange Park in Decatur in DeKalb County off of Columbia Drive. Police said they were led to her body by Jones.) - *Jordyn Jones (21) (roommate) arrested (11/9/19) & charged (11/11/19) with malice murder. Held without bond (bond denied 11/21/19).
*Barron Renwick Brantley (21) (BF of roommate) – arrested (11/9/19) & charged (11/11/19) with felony murder. Held without bond.
Crawford filed a police report on Oct. 27 in regard to Jones' boyfriend, alleging unwanted kissing and touching by him. Both allegedly confessed.
11/21/19: for both: Bond hearing on 11/21 & preliminary hearing on 11/22. The judge ruled that while "Ms. Jones would appear to be an appropriate candidate for bond" she was denying it because she had been persuaded Jones might "not return to the jurisdiction for trial in this matter & that she may pose a significant risk of intimidating witnesses or obstructing the administration of this case." A judge denied Jones bond, in part basing that decision on the possibility that Jones "may in fact have engaged in the ultimate intimidation of witnesses." No information on Brantley’s bond.

Listening to the details of what happened the night #alexiscrawford was allegedly murdered by her friend #JordynJones & her BF are absolutely herendous. “Sounds of agony as she was taking her last breath” - “while they were concealing the body, it fell out of the plastic bin”

Police timeline: 10/26 Spelhouse homecoming, everyone is drunk, #jordynjones laid down, Jordyn finds #Barronbrantley & #alexiscrawford in bathroom, Jordyn argues w/Alexis but Alexis is going in & out of consciousness, Barron said I didn’t rape her & then stole Jordyn’s car

Police timeline: 10/30 #jordynjones took #alexiscrawford to liquor store, the 2 friends started fighting in the apt, #barronbrantley started choking Alexis, Barron says Jordyn put a bag over Alexis’s head & thats what killed her, the couple went to a Halloween party the next day

Tyisha Fernandes (@TyishaWSB) | Twitter

'Sounds of agony': Detective testifies both accused killers of Alexis Crawford admitted parts of murder
"The detective further testified that Brantley told him he knew Crawford was dead because she stopped breathing after she'd been "struggling to breath and she had sounds of agony."

"Detective Young testified that Jones first tried to tell police she was in her house the entire night of Crawford's death, and that she didn't leave until the next morning.
She admitted that wasn't true, Young stated, after he confronted her with surveillance footage from her apartment complex's parking deck that showed her at 3:11 a.m. that morning backing her car up to a door off camera for six or seven minutes, then being seen leaving the complex at 3:18 a.m. and then returning at 4:09 a.m.

The footage, Young said, showed her with another person during that period. She told police it was Brantley, the detective testified.

"She finally stated Barron Brantley was inside the house with her and her and Alexis got into a fight and during that fight Barron Brantley came outside of the bedroom and choked Alexis," Young said.

The detective testified his questioning with Brantley was done after reading him his Miranda rights.

He outlined how after questioning the two suspects, the crime scene unit went to the apartment where Crawford was killed and scanned the room for blood, finding five or six spots of it."

Last edited:
Jones:

OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
02/10/2020 COMPLAINT ROOM GRAND JURY (9:30 AM) (Judicial Officer JUDGE, COMPLAINT ROOM)

11/22/2019 COMPLAINT ROOM PRELIMINARY HEARING (9:30 AM) (Judicial Officer JUDGE, COMPLAINT ROOM)

11/22/2019 COMP ROOM ORDER FOR BOND
Party: Jones, Jordyn

11/22/2019 WAIVER

link: http://justice.fultoncountyga.gov/PASupCrtCM/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=7946860

Brantley:

OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
02/10/2020 COMPLAINT ROOM GRAND JURY (9:30 AM) (Judicial Officer JUDGE, COMPLAINT ROOM)

11/22/2019 COMPLAINT ROOM PRELIMINARY HEARING (9:30 AM) (Judicial Officer JUDGE, COMPLAINT ROOM)

11/22/2019 COMP ROOM ORDER
Party: BRANTLEY, BARRON RENWICK

11/22/2019 COMP ROOM PROBABLE CAUSE ORDER
Party: BRANTLEY, BARRON RENWICK

link: http://justice.fultoncountyga.gov/PASupCrtCM/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=7946753

#Justice4Alexis

The Fulton County District Attorney charged former Clark Atlanta University student Jordyn Jones, 21, and her boyfriend Barron Brantley, 21, with multiple counts related to the October slaying of Crawford.

Jones was charged with murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment and concealing the death of another.

Brantley was charged with the same, plus an additional charge of aggravated sodomy stemming from the sexual assault prior to her disappearance. The rape kit administered on Crawford prior to her disappearance tested positive for Brantley’s semen, prosecutors said.

Well dang - I can't access the court site anymore....

I had Grand jury hearing on 2/10 - but I see that they got indicted. And wonder if their court hearing will still be on 2/10 - can someone here following this case try the link I have in my post #234 - and look up the next court dates?

TIA! :)

I can't believe this guy sodomized her and she had to keep living at the apartment with him constantly coming over. I wish she'd been able to go somewhere else while dealing with this. I can't understand this "friend" of hers.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back