CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why didn’t the defense question him, asking “are you a trained handwriting expert?”

Why did they make no effort to cast doubt on their authenticity?

I’ll tell you why, it’s because they know those letters are legitimate. Partially, because they contain information that isn’t in the public domain.

You are literally making an argument that they themselves did not make.

Poor guy has the wrong attorney, apparently.

These letters are confirmation that PF is a totally depraved individual.
He lacks any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

PF doesn't have "relationships."
PF doesn't form attachments.

People are utilitarian objects to him.
He uses them.
When he's done, it's simply:

"Flush This"
That perfectly sums it up

@gitana1 What about this?

We know that the defense and prosecution had closed door meetings regarding the introduction of those letters.

What if there was actually a recording of PF arranging the bond being posted for Bentley (I’m sure there is), and a deal was made that the defense wouldn’t question the legitimacy of the letters, if the prosecution didn’t play that tape?

Or something along those lines anyway.

It's kind of frightening, to be honest.

I am really worried about the Berreth's. I wish we could find out who bonded Doe out and how they were able to put up that money, if it is related to anyone around Patrick. It does look like one individual could have done it outside of the jail, as I doubt Patrick had that amount in his prison account.

I know no one wants to hear this and I am so sorry for bringing this up, but I do worry for Baby K's safety as well. She is considered safe with the Berreth's, and I know they will do everything in their power to protect her, but with Cheryl on his list and the other mother battling for custody, they would just be sick enough to try and do something out of anger. As if this were any of their fault!

I don't think that Patrick will ever stop trying to get revenge on those people on his list, and unfortunately, there are some crazy people out there that would, if the money was right, help him out. Doe appears to have a conscience, but not every criminal does, especially those desperate for money. He gave Doe their names and addresses! Who else will he give that information to in the future?

I wouldn’t be worried except there are Frazee’s on the outside and I’m thinking of the Rhoden case.

Custody of a child makes people insane. So does losing.

The defense challenged the admissibility of the evidence from the criminal gang member. No, the jury was not present when that challenge was made.

JMO
Why does the source of the 'evidence' matter much when the HAND that WROTE the letters belonged to PF?

But the other telling matter was that I believe the Jury did not ask any questions about the letters. We have seen this Jury asking questions throughout this trial and they appear to be actively engaged.

Here is link to the 17 letters and some background info should you have any further questions:

Patrick Frazee murder trial: 10 key moments from testimony

Quotes from article:
Letters, former inmate: Frazee wanted witnesses dead

Prosecutors showed 17 different letters that a witness, who's a former inmate, said he exchanged with Frazee, who was in the same jail. The man is on probation now.

In their passed notes, Frazee asked the man to kill witnesses — Kenney, Michelle Stein (Kenney’s friend in Idaho), John Moore (Frazee's friend who previously testified), Wendi Clark (Moore’s significant other) and lead Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater — and described where they live now and what they look like. In a testimony, Slater confirmed the descriptions of each person and their places of residences were all accurate. [BBM]

In one letter, Frazee allegedly wrote he’d “really like to see Kenney with a bullet in her head.”

In another letter, he allegedly wrote: “I’m excited if we can pull this off — only thing better would be if Krystal sent someone a text from her phone confessing and telling the truth that I didn’t have anything to do with it at all. Gregg Slater and all five disappear," referencing Kenney's family, including her children and Chad Lee, and Stein.

Most of the letters had instructions to flush the bathroom paper towels once the former inmate had read the message.

Frazee trial: Letters say Frazee asked inmate to kill witnesses

Quotes from Article:

Prosecutor Beth Reed then called up Gregg Slater, the CBI agent, who went through 17 of the letters that Frazee and the inmate allegedly passed back and forth while in the Teller County Jail. Slater said he reviewed these letters. He said all the letters appeared to match Frazee’s handwriting. [BBM]

He read them out loud in the newsroom.

Oh, yes, I totally get but allow me to flesh out my thinking on it. It's that since they were conducting Kelsey's murder investigation, ANY teeth found would have to be tested, right? Therefore, some answer must have been arrived at. They weren't Kelsey's, obviously, but if they were unknown (no DNA profile to match them to) I would think LE would be very interested in who they belonged to since we're talking about a killer, here. I guess they must have been identified (family) but just wanted to confirm that, yes, they were tested.

SOOO if I ever decide to kill someone (would never happen) I have all of my two son's baby teeth. I saved them.

Yes. The mod who I responded to was theorizing that the choice of words was kind of a phonetic play on words since “Elk hunt” sounds like L for LEE followed by a bad word starting with C that PF had called KKL in one of his notes. And that’s possible I guess, but I doubt it.

That's far too clever for PF to have come up with.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Members are to use the Report feature to alert us to a problem post rather than personalizing toward another member, calling them out and ridiculing them on the thread. If you do Report a post, make sure it is an actual violation of TOS rather than you just disagree with or don't like what the other member is saying.

At all times members are required to be respectful toward one another. Address the post and not the poster.

ALL members are responsible for knowing The Rules and posting in accordance with them. If members have difficulty understanding those rules or posts made by WS staff, we can close this general discussion thread down and leave only the Media, Maps, Timeline *NO DISCUSSION* thread open until closing arguments.

Does anyone else think the DA has already established WHO paid John Doe's bail?
Betcha they know. And we may not be finished
w/ some Frazee charges here.
Ma, are ya listening????
I think they have already documented who bailed the guy out, but before any arrest would be made they have the burden of proof that SF knew that this "payment" of sorts was to secure him for wiping out those on the paper towel lists.

There is only one reason the defense would not question the authenticity of the paper towel notes - only one. It would prove they ARE authentic. The fact they did not even raise the issue tells me all I need to know.

In in the presence of the jury their job was to cross examine that investigator to show he was not a handwriting analysis expert and to try to cast doubt as to the authorship of those letters.

....Unless they knew that to do so would be futile because the next thing would be rebuttal witnesses showing:

1. A comparison to documents known to be in PF’s writing.
2. An expert handwriting analyst.
3. Evidence showing the receipt on which a letter was written was PF’s.

They didn’t go there because they knew it would dig the hole deeper.

So to review:

Claims that there was likely no evidence KK wasn’t or couldn’t have been in town when the murder happened? WRONG

Claims that there wasn’t blood all over the condo indicating a crime scene? WRONG

Claims that the blood found all over the condo wasn’t proved to be Kelsey’s? WRONG.

Claims that there was no evidence that what was found in burn pile was a human tooth, let alone likely Kelsey’s? WRONG.

Claims that it is not credible that letters purported to be written by PF, in which he is inexplicably trying to get all the key witnesses against him to be killed, were actually were written by the defendant? WRONG. (Also interesting that the back up to that claim is “Well he doesn’t admit to killing her!” Lol)

I’m sure others could remind me of all the other claims made in this case that have turned out to be...wrong.

The death throws of a dead defense.
Well stated !

I wouldn’t be worried except there are Frazee’s on the outside and I’m thinking of the Rhoden case.

Custody of a child makes people insane. So does losing.

BBM:

Yes, this F pack is scary. Their dyamics are all kinds of sick, as evidenced by Twisted Sister's toxic, manipulative posts here after KB first went missing, and by reports of Ma's maltreatment of KB when she was pregnant with Baby K, i.e, tossing her out on her ear and calling her a prostitute.

This is why I actually anticipate LE and the DA fully investigating these solicitations of Bentley to see if they can directly tie Ma to them somehow.

If so, she's going to be charged.

I would very much like to know whether any correspondence between Ma and PF has been logged at the Teller Jail, because I strongly suspect the "Flush this" message came from Ma to PF initially, after which he simply parroted her instructions in his letters to Bentley later on.

JMO.

There is only one reason the defense would not question the authenticity of the paper towel notes - only one. It would prove they ARE authentic. The fact they did not even raise the issue tells me all I need to know.
Me too I’m wondering if he didn’t admit it to his attorney ? And I also wonder if he called on the recorded line and there’s that evidence too
JMO

I can tell you that my little sister died tragically last year, and both of her boys are now receiving those benefits monthly. She did not work at her job for 10 yrs. This is just my experience so MOO

Gigi, so sad that your sister died, leaving her boys.
Hope you have contact with the kids, and have enjoyment together.:):)
Similarly with Kelsey, if the Berreth's are able to receive money, to help with Kelsey's child, this would be an added bonus.

With all due respect, none of us know what was said during the discussion between the judge, prosecution and defense before the judge ruled these letters admissible.

For all we know, PF did not deny he wrote the letters. If that's the case, there's no reason for the defense to challenge their own client and demand forensic analysis.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if PF looked at the letters and said "Well, I wrote the one saying I was innocent. But someone else, maybe KK, wrote the others". He really is that smart. <sarc>

PF has learned a great deal since he killed KB, smugly believing that 'no body' there was 'no crime'.

When he's instructing his jail pal on the murdering KK, he stipulates : 'No video, no weapon, no body, no forensics'.

Looks like dimwit has realized it's not enough to 'disappear' the body and weapon - he left videos and forensics.

BBM:

Yes, this F pack is scary. Their dyamics are all kinds of sick, as evidenced by Twisted Sister's toxic, manipulative posts here after KB first went missing, and by reports of Ma's maltreatment of KB when she was pregnant with Baby K, i.e, tossing her out on her ear and calling her a prostitute.

This is why I actually anticipate LE and the DA fully investigating these solicitations of Bentley to see if they can directly tie Ma to them somehow.

If so, she's going to be charged.

I would very much like to know whether any correspondence between Ma and PF has been logged at the Teller Jail, because I strongly suspect the "Flush this" message came from Ma to PF initially, after which he simply parroted her instructions in his letters to Bentley later on.

JMO.
Great post, GK !
And I think it's reasonable to surmise that Ma F came up with the bail $$$ and assisted in explaining (LE have certainly listened to any phone calls and letters/messages from mommy dearest) which names for PF to write down on his "kill list".
A KILL LIST.
Whiles he's in jail on trial for at least one murder that we know of.
Unbelievable.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members